Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Bobcat Manual

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Bobcat Manual

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2017, 01:13 AM
N1cko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM Bobcat Manual

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has a copy of a BVM Bobcat manual.

Kind Regards

Nick
Old 01-27-2017, 04:03 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

What bobcat? Original/xl or composite?
Old 01-27-2017, 04:29 PM
N1cko

Original bobcat thanks
Old 01-27-2017, 05:20 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

email address
Old 01-28-2017, 12:14 AM
N1cko

Pm sent Sirrom,

Cheers
Old 03-22-2019, 04:22 PM
medjets
My Feedback: (5)

Default Bobcat manual

Originally Posted by sirrom
email address

I also need the manual. I bought a Bobcat XL from a friend. I sent PM. Thank you.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:06 PM
LLiddle

I know this thread is several years old, but I've just purchased a nice Balsa Bobcat and would love to have a copy of the manual for it. Does anyone still have a file that they can send me? [email protected] thanks.

Last edited by LLiddle; 02-14-2021 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:57 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

ALL of BVM's manuals are copyrighted and available for sale from BVM. You might want to consider how much work went into the development of these models and buy a manual from BVM.....
Old 02-15-2021, 04:38 AM
LLiddle

Originally Posted by Zeeb
ALL of BVM's manuals are copyrighted and available for sale from BVM. You might want to consider how much work went into the development of these models and buy a manual from BVM.....
Well, excuse me Mr Zeeb. I had no idea that they were copyrighted. As old as they are the copyrights have probably expired anyway lol

Should I send BVM a royalty on the sale of their used jet too?

Make sure you go around and shame the other dozens of posters who have asked for copies on these pages over the years, and then, get a life, AH.

And FYI, I have emailed BVM about the purchase of several other fairly expensive items and have yet to hear back from them.KMA

For the many other more positive and helpful members of RCU out there I'm still looking for a copy and will be glad to donate $50 to your local club for your assistance, because BVM seems to be too busy to help me. Thanks

Last edited by LLiddle; 02-15-2021 at 04:50 AM.
Old 02-15-2021, 05:59 AM
Dawn Ellzey

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

You will love your Bobcat, I still fly both of mine. You might call BVM they are open 9-5 and close for lunch from noon to 1P.
Im sure Patty will be glad to help you. Sometimes email go to email no where or are simply missed.
Their number is 407-327-6333
Old 02-15-2021, 07:41 AM
LLiddle

Originally Posted by Dawn Ellzey
You will love your Bobcat, I still fly both of mine. You might call BVM they are open 9-5 and close for lunch from noon to 1P.
Im sure Patty will be glad to help you. Sometimes email go to email no where or are simply missed.
Their number is 407-327-6333
Thank you for your helpful post. I'll give them a call and see if they will sell me a manual.
Old 02-15-2021, 07:46 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LLiddle
I know this thread is several years old, but I've just purchased a nice Balsa Bobcat and would love to have a copy of the manual for it. Does anyone still have a file that they can send me? [email protected] thanks.
Lee,
my wallet thanks you for removing this temptation.
Old 02-16-2021, 12:31 AM
LLiddle

Hey Mongo. Gotta get one of Par's fans in the air. I've got mote work to do on the Hotspot so this looked like the perfect solution. Should have it here in about a week. I'll do a thread in Large EDFs on the Group.
Old 02-16-2021, 07:38 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lee I have everything Bobcat XL plans for building, checklist manual for build ect give me a day to round up send me a mailing address, I need them back after you have a look around , sure dont want to be paying any royalties second time around.
Old 02-16-2021, 11:44 PM
LLiddle

Originally Posted by c/f
Lee I have everything Bobcat XL plans for building, checklist manual for build ect give me a day to round up send me a mailing address, I need them back after you have a look around , sure dont want to be paying any royalties second time around.
Hey Mike, thanks. Yeah I decided to go ahead with the purchase. I was really just looking for cg and control throws and was directed by another helpful member to a place where BVM had them all listed. Also I found an old build thread that I skimmed through. So please don't go to all that trouble. I know I can count on you and others for advice if I have a specific question during setup or early flights.

One question. It looks like some ive seen pictures of have some down thrust in the turbine (motor pointing down in the back). Is that right? I know that with EDF power on the Fslcon 120 knock off that high speed exhaust under the stab would cause the jet to pitch up when power was applied.
Old 02-17-2021, 09:01 AM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Any of the pusher jets like these wether turbine fan prop will pitch nose as throttle increases so down thrust is proportional to how high off the wing centerline powerplant centerline is located. Then CG and powerplant HP factor in to degrees. Not really a function of stab heat.

Ill get a pic at lunch been to long but BVM will have the solution pre engineered in OEM assembly pieces if everything is OEM.
Old 02-17-2021, 10:29 AM
LLiddle

Originally Posted by c/f
Any of the pusher jets like these wether turbine fan prop will pitch nose as throttle increases so down thrust is proportional to how high off the wing centerline powerplant centerline is located. Then CG and powerplant HP factor in to degrees. Not really a function of stab heat.

Ill get a pic at lunch been to long but BVM will have the solution pre engineered in OEM assembly pieces if everything is OEM.

Thanks Mike. I think you're misunderstanding my question.
I had several Nitroplane Falcon/Bobcat in all three sizes.What I experienced was that when flown as a propjet the prop stream carried above and below the horizontal stab. In that configuration there was little to no pitch change with power change. But, when flown as an edf with all of the exhaust traveling below the stab, power added would cause the nose to pitch up severely. The concensus at the time was (and I think correct) was that the high speed airflow under the stab was causing downward "lift" at the stab, which of course raised the nose. If a long exhaust tube was added to carry the exhaust past the stab, the problem went away, or you could tilt the fan up in the front to create nose down pitch when power was applied.
It looks to me from pictures that the BVM Bobcat as a turbine has some nose up angle on the turbine installation.
If that's the case, a normal edf installation would need even more. So Im looking for that info to get ahead of any pitch changes that I may have to desl with. Thanks again for your interest and advice. Lee
Old 02-20-2022, 02:21 PM
edwarda10pilot
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Help Identifying BVM Bobcat Version

Hello everyone. I know this is an old thread but I thought I would post here. I just picked up a BVM composite Bobcat from a friend. It does need a bit of work and all that I got was the airframe. I have the gears and most of the other stuff. However, I do not know which version I have. The plane I purchased is the one with the split elevators. Can someone chime in here and offer your thoughts as to which version this is?
Also, I have e-mailed BVM for a manual but can someone who has or has had one of these planes tell me what you used for the elevator servos?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Ed
Old 02-21-2022, 08:02 AM
edwarda10pilot

After sending some photos to Rob at BVM and reading thru some threads on this site and others, I think I have the built-up version and most likely the V2. I have owned some BVM jets in the past but this is my first Bobcat. I think it will be a great flyer with an 80 in it and will work fine off of some of the grass fields in our area.

Old 02-21-2022, 12:55 PM
chriskerby1

Default Manual

I have a manual send me your email and I’ll send it over
Old 02-21-2022, 01:09 PM
chriskerby1

These are what I have for elevator servos

MacGregor MG2810HV High Voltage Servo Mid Size 10kg/0.08s
Old 02-21-2022, 01:29 PM
edwarda10pilot

Originally Posted by chriskerby1
These are what I have for elevator servos

MacGregor MG2810HV High Voltage Servo Mid Size 10kg/0.08s
Hi Chris. PM sent. Thanks for the info on the elevator servos.

Ed
Old 02-21-2022, 01:30 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It's definitely not a composite bobcat. It's an early built up bobcat or bobcat xl.
Old 02-21-2022, 01:32 PM
chriskerby1

Yeah I’d say the standard bobcat
Old 02-21-2022, 01:42 PM
Dawn Ellzey

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I measured the booms on mine BobCat and they are 36", the XL were a little longer and the fuselage was longer to hold a larger center fuel tank

Dawn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.