Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jet (FEJ)

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jet (FEJ)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 01:33 PM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Fly Eagle Jet (FEJ)

Hi,

I am looking for the F 86 from FEJ. I have been reading alot about earlier happenings but how is the quality now?
Is it safe and good models? I have done some 3 view overlay on the F 86 and it looks quite good :-)

Thanks
Alf
Old 02-02-2017, 08:32 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Simple question, simple answer. If you plan on flying it, DO NOT buy FEJ. Period.
Old 02-02-2017, 08:42 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	landscape_nrm_1432138418-o-poop-emoji-ice-cream-facebook.jpg
Views:	772
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2199497  
Old 02-02-2017, 09:28 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice............
Old 02-02-2017, 11:30 PM
tisdall_80

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A couple of Guys flying late model FEJ jets with no issues over here..
Old 02-03-2017, 12:03 AM
Bob Toilet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pylonrcr:
what is your experience with FEJ? Wich model did
you have, that didn't fly?
Old 02-03-2017, 02:46 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

My fej f16 1/8 is no worse than skymaster one...
Old 02-03-2017, 05:27 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Default Run away

My 2 cents on FEJ. No i haven't had because you can't get it. I put money down on one when the hawks first came out in the 1/4 size. I saw one fly and was bit by the so called Deal. I waited for 6+ months and like everyone else I tried to speak with them and never got replies or real answer why we were not getting a product after they had my money. I guess they were to busy taking more orders.

lucky for me I got my 2500.00 back and didn't get a jet. The reason i say that is because just about every FEJ i have seen in the past 3 years have had a structural failure in the air. I know of only 2 hawks that are still flying. One of the origional 1/4 that the stab broke off in the air but the pilot managed to land to live another day. the only large hawk that i know of that hasn't broke is one of the lastest ones from a year ago and the landing gear in the wing is all i have seen fail. I watch 2 of the later model snap the wing at the end of wing tube at First in flight last year and one a IL. jets in 2015.

It really is said that they bomb us with ads with socalled deals trying to hook you and get your money like FEJ is doing now.

IF you could give them money and actually receive what they are advertising in a reasonable time. (6 months or less). After that if it stay together in the air under normal flying and you would have modify all the problems to keep it together and flying. WOW Fej could rule the RC jet community. NOT!!!

They wanted to the first time but fail really badly and hurt a lot of people. I know all of the Chinese jets have there problems like the FEJ but the difference from FEJ and the other is you will get it if you put down the money and you will get some sorta of support depending who you order thru. That is why I bought my BVM F-16.

Like i said my 2 cents
Old 02-03-2017, 05:28 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by Ceeray
My fej f16 1/8 is no worse than skymaster one...
Seems as though the small FEJ planes were heavy and had weak pipes, but held up in flight. Not so much for the larger FEJ planes.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:32 AM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

I am curious to know if any of the FEJ 1/4.5 scale F-16 s are still flying. What problems, if any, have been found with this airframe, and what mods have been made as corrections?

Last edited by David Jackson; 02-03-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 02-03-2017, 09:30 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Originally Posted by David Jackson
I am curious to know if any of the FEJ 1/4.5 scale F-16 s are still flying. What problems, if any, have been found with this airframe, and what mods have been made as corrections?
David I also wonder myself. It was tempting with the new pricing. I know the one here that work for FEJ. I can't remember his name flew it a lot. It was the one the deadstick landing on the rocks at FL jets when we were flying at old grass strip. They fixed and flew it a Farview a couple of times. It could have also been the one at Best in the West that ALi flew.

That was the first version. Ali had one over seas also i think just like it. There is a video of him flying it at what I think was his home field before he came over here.

the biggest reason I shy away is because of never actually getting it after paying for.
Old 02-03-2017, 10:19 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by affas
Hi,

I am looking for the F 86 from FEJ. I have been reading alot about earlier happenings but how is the quality now?
Is it safe and good models? I have done some 3 view overlay on the F 86 and it looks quite good :-)

Thanks
Alf
Why bother even looking at the FEJ saber when you can get the Skymaster F86 which is the same size and a proven airframe?? Is FEJ selling their jets so cheap that it's worth taking a chance on a smoking hole in the ground??
Vin...
Old 02-03-2017, 12:17 PM
David Jackson
My Feedback: (15)

Hi Jeff,

I bought the 1/4.5 scale FEJ F-16 the first year it was released. But after Dantley lost his F-14 and I later lost the large FEJ J-10, I put the F-16 on the shelf. I remember talking to Nir a few years ago at Kentucky Jets, he mentioned that he had 50 plus flight on his 1/4.5 scale F-16 with no issues. I am considering getting back to my F-16, but would like to know if others have had a bad experience with this particular model.
Old 02-03-2017, 12:53 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

David just run a scope inside the wings and stabs to check for honeycomb ribs/spars. If you nothing but carbon fiber then you will need to dig deeper to see if it's carbon/wood or carbon/honeycomb.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Shaun Evans

Hi,

I'm not going to comment on any one manufacturer specifically, but I think (in general) when considering airframes that may or may not have had bad reputations in the past, it's more than just the advertised pricing to consider. For example, the after-purchase support matters. So does the overall attitude of the seller--are they upstanding, principled people who've shown a commitment to quality? Pay careful attention to how they've treated their past customers, too. If they've done their reasonable best to correct problems (the problems all manufacturers have from time to time), then that's a great selling point. If they've shown a propensity to lie, duck-n-dodge, bully/discredit/shame their customers when problems arose and they didn't want to take fair responsibility, then that's a big 'red flag.'

I was about to buy a used car for my wife off of the internet. Private party deal. The seller wanted to meet at a grocery store lot, but I asked if I could come to his house instead. He refused. He said for 'safety reasons.' I said I'd bring my wife and infant son to the public place, then we could drive over to his place where the car was parked. Nope. Ultimately, I got the feeling he just didn't want me to know where he lived. I said nevermind and went on my way. Just that one little flag of distrust was enough for me to move on. Now, imagine if I did my research and found many other buyers who'd been screwed by that guy--or found out that he had created a bunch of fake online identities to give himself good reviews on the online review sites? Would I think, "Well.... yeah, those are concerns, but has he screwed anyone RECENTLY? And the price is so good...." No, I'd probably go find a reputable seller with a good reputation.

Either way, do your homework and don't be fooled by shiny pricetags or shills or gimmicks. There are tons of great airframes out there (and respectable, reputable manufacturers, too) and if you're patient, you'll end up with something worth having. Good luck!
Old 02-03-2017, 02:59 PM
affas

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent
Why bother even looking at the FEJ saber when you can get the Skymaster F86 which is the same size and a proven airframe?? Is FEJ selling their jets so cheap that it's worth taking a chance on a smoking hole in the ground??
Vin...
Skymaster frame are nice and I know they hold up but they are quite heavy and wanted to do some research to see if other brands had any good competetive models.

But I like flying with peace in my mind so FEJ is out...

Skymaster or Tomahawk F86 :-)

Thanks for all feedback folks!
Old 02-05-2017, 08:20 AM
Turbotronic

So are FEJ still in operation? So many rumours... who sells them?
Andre
Old 02-05-2017, 04:41 PM
kyates

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I seen 2 flyeagle hawks recently they made a major improvement in the way they build them i see nothing wrong with them. There is no honeycomb they look to be a solid air frame.
Old 02-05-2017, 04:52 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by kyates
I seen 2 flyeagle hawks recently they made a major improvement in the way they build them i see nothing wrong with them. There is no honeycomb they look to be a solid air frame.

Does not matter what they have now.... They screwed so many good people they deserve to fail
Old 02-07-2017, 09:08 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by gunradd
Does not matter what they have now.... They screwed so many good people they deserve to fail

Oh, come on, Gunn. Since when do reputations or past practices matter?

https://youtu.be/2Ef45_1foX4
Old 02-07-2017, 02:30 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by kyates
And how many hundreds of thousands of dollars lost by their previous customers with no effort at customer service? That is what's wrong with them.
Old 02-07-2017, 03:33 PM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by dubd
And how many hundreds of thousands of dollars lost by their previous customers with no effort at customer service? That is what's wrong with them.

It doesn't matta! It's in de past!
Old 02-07-2017, 04:10 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by shaun evans
it doesn't matta! It's in de past!

lol
Old 02-07-2017, 06:34 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

ARF's require trust. There's a lot of stuff you can't see with an ARF without destructive examination or a borescope. I saw a very well respected gentleman from the jet community who was a rep for FEJ at the time. His aircraft suffered an in-flight structural failure which resulted in a crash that totalled it (best outcome). No one was hurt and nothing else was damaged. When you looked at the carnage, you could see the carbon wing tube was drilled in multiple places for no reason which comprimised it's integrity. How could you possibly know that if you didn't rip it apart before you flew it, which defeats the purpose of an ARF. Did they just use the carbon tube that was drilled for another purpose that was laying around? Who knows......which is the point. In my mind and for my money there are many ARF manufacturers that you can trust....FEJ isn't one of them, even if the others are a little more money.

Last edited by sideshow; 02-07-2017 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:02 PM
dubd

Originally Posted by sideshow
ARF's require trust. There's a lot of stuff you can't see with an ARF without destructive examination or a borescope. I saw a very well respected gentleman from the jet community who was a rep for FEJ at the time. His aircraft suffered an in-flight structural failure which resulted in a crash that totalled it (best outcome). No one was hurt and nothing else was damaged. When you looked at the carnage, you could see the carbon wing tube was drilled in multiple places for no reason which comprimised it's integrity. How could you possibly know that if you didn't rip it apart before you flew it, which defeats the purpose of an ARF. Did they just use the carbon tube that was drilled for another purpose that was laying around? Who knows......which is the point. In my mind and for my money there are many ARF manufacturers that you can trust....FEJ isn't one of them, even if the others are a little more money.
And when you lose the plane, they'll blame your kids, dog, and mail man for the crash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.