Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Question for the Spectrum Gurus

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Question for the Spectrum Gurus

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2017, 06:55 PM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question for the Spectrum Gurus

Is it possible to bind two Rx to the same Tx so they both operate at the same time? I am building one of those animatronic pilots and thought I could put a self contained radio system Rx, battery switch in the cockpit to operate at the same time as the main system. Can it be done?
Old 02-02-2017, 07:01 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes
Old 02-02-2017, 07:05 PM
Terry Holston

So How???
Old 02-02-2017, 07:59 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just bind them at the same time. In other words, put both receivers in bind mode at the same time and start your normal binding process with your transmitter
Old 02-02-2017, 08:03 PM
c/f

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

once you pass the bind issues which could be a real challenge on DSMX, you wont be able to reassign channels differantly, so plan on channels 1-4+ are same as each other.

This option is real common desire with glider pilots who want one model setup but want to grab any plane in their fleet for thermal of the day, may check into a glider section.

Graupner does this with a feature they call a global bind where during the process all rx you desire to be global are energized and bound using the global option at one time
Old 02-02-2017, 08:22 PM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by JackD
Just bind them at the same time. In other words, put both receivers in bind mode at the same time and start your normal binding process with your transmitter
Thanks Jack, I thought that might be how to do it. I just thought I would check here first before I invested in the RX. I was thinking on using one of those tiny Rx but it sounds like I will need to use the rudder and elevator functions on the Tx to make his arm and head move. Hate to invest in a 12 ch Rx just to use 2 or 3 functions.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:40 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

The receivers negotiate during the binding process the protocol and resolution.

So you need to make sure that both the receivers that you use are the same protocol and resolution (1024 or 2048) If everything is the same they will bind at the same time and work like you want to with a smaller 6 channel or whatever operating the arms/head and the main rx operating the flight controls.

You can even bind them one at a time and they will both respond.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:48 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Terry for controlling pilots this is what you want. It can control up to 6 servos and you can set them up from the computer to work on a loop. All I do is turn aircraft power on and they start moving. I am building 2 pilots now and using this controller. They will both have moving arms and heads.

https://www.pololu.com/product/1350