Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Electric brakes

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Electric brakes

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:16 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Electric brakes

Hello

I am converting a set of wheels to electric brakes. I have always used pneumatic and have always greased the o-ring.

My question is to those of you using the electric, magnetic brakes, are you putting grease between the magnet and the brake plate?

Thanks
Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80
K-140
K-180
Owner
Old 02-05-2017, 05:32 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess it depends on the manufacture. But on mine... I don't.

The reason we use grease on the O-rings, is because the rubber will just grab. On the e-breaks... there's no rubber, and they will slip on their own.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:47 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jetpilot24
Hello

My question is to those of you using the electric, magnetic brakes, are you putting grease between the magnet and the brake plate?

NO
Old 02-06-2017, 04:24 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr Honda
I guess it depends on the manufacture. But on mine... I don't.

The reason we use grease on the O-rings, is because the rubber will just grab. On the e-breaks... there's no rubber, and they will slip on their own.
Not only that, on the Behotec unit I just installed the braking strength can be individually adjusted on each side. My biggest problem over the years has been getting brakes to apply evenly and not cause directional problems on rollout. Never could seem to get the grease/friction setup exactly matched on both sides. I haven't flown them yet but theoretically I should be able to do that with these electrics.

Craig
Old 02-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I just installed Electron ER-50s in my Sabre XLT sport jet with the GS-200 controller. Brake power is adjustable on each side to allow a straight roll during braking. Also the GS-200 has internal gyro that will automatically adjust braking power to keep straight. It also has a pulse mode that works like anti skid. I have tested it several times in back yard but have not flown yet. Hope to test fly this weekend.

Electron GS-200 controller showing max braking on both sides.

Taxi tests in grass worked well and braking was adjusted for straight roll out.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3406.jpg
Views:	386
Size:	45.0 KB
ID:	2199980   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3537.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	2199981  
Old 02-06-2017, 06:22 PM
Jetkopter
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That's the same as the gaspar unit dreamworks sells. The unit is really amazing because the gyro works on the nose wheel and the mains with differential braking to keep the model straight as an arrow. I spent some time testing it in Boomerang XL last year and I am really pleased with it.