Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Introducing the Top RC Model Odyssey - New sport jet - build thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2018, 06:02 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noahb
Do you still have jet? Did you go to a larger turbine?
Yes, I still have the jet and I am going to use a rabbit also the 100 goes into another model
Old 04-20-2018, 04:51 AM
synergy41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everyone,
Can someone tell me the amount of fuel shipped with the 2 tanks provided in the kit.
Thank you
Old 04-22-2018, 04:17 PM
AshC01

i think it's close to 3L. big tank is 2L, top (smaller tank) is 1L.
Old 04-22-2018, 11:03 PM
Daveeast

Default Fuel Capacities

The lower tank is 2.5 Ltr and the upper 1.5 ltr.

Br D
Old 05-09-2018, 07:22 PM
alfawaz

Hi all,

I have been in the search for a sports jet and I am torn between the Odyssey and pilot rc predator I like the looks of both, but I have been trying to compare the price of the build between the two of them. My issue is I could not find a lot of information on what the Odyssey actually comes with I looked up all the dealer's websites and seems like no one has information listed on what is included with the kit. I figured it comes with horns, linkage and all normal hardware for the build, but I am wondering if it comes with tanks, UAT, tailpipe...etc
Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Abdul
Old 05-09-2018, 07:42 PM
AshC01

Hi mate,

I've just built mine, comes with everything required to complete the jet - minus RX, UAT & turbine.
all control horns, control rods, brackets, screws, bolts, ball links, tail pipe, dual fuel tanks, all included.

not many manufactures include UAT, as people have their own preference for use.
Old 05-09-2018, 07:48 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by AshC01
Hi mate,

I've just built mine, comes with everything required to complete the jet - minus RX, UAT & turbine.
all control horns, control rods, brackets, screws, bolts, ball links, tail pipe, dual fuel tanks, all included.

not many manufactures include UAT, as people have their own preference for use.

That's great to hear. And I did not expect it to come with UAT just thought I would ask to know how much I am spending on the build. How does everyone likes theirs especially with the K140? Does it need more?
Old 05-09-2018, 07:56 PM
AshC01

I've got a Jets Munt 140XBL in mine, and it's brilliant, plenty for super fast low pass and good vertical. The shape of the Odyssey is very sleek and aerodynamic. There are some videos on youtube etc with 160's and 180's, but 140 is good medium.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:38 PM
alfawaz

I've got a Jets Munt 140XBL in mine, and it's brilliant, plenty for super fast low pass and good vertical. The shape of the Odyssey is very sleek and aerodynamic. There are some videos on youtube etc with 160's and 180's, but 140 is good medium.
I will make sure to check them out. Thanks man
Old 05-09-2018, 09:24 PM
AshC01

Kingtech is old technology and have a few internal issues, not bashing there are many out there, but there are also a lot better turbines on the market as well.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:32 PM
alfawaz

Kingtech is old technology and have a few internal issues, not bashing there are many out there, but there are also a lot better turbines on the market as well.
Money talks my friend. I mean I would consider other brands if the price difference was within 100-300 USD but usually it is quite a bit more
Old 05-09-2018, 09:38 PM
AshC01

Of course, but spending a bit more may result in more reliable engine and less down time/servicing costs, something to weigh up.
Old 05-09-2018, 09:39 PM
alfawaz

What brand do you have in mind? I am only familiar with JetCat JetCentral and JetMunts and Kingtech ofcourse
Old 05-09-2018, 09:50 PM
AshC01

i only run Jets Munt
Old 05-10-2018, 01:59 AM
Swissy

Sorry 'AshC01' but what is your Problem with Kingtech? If you write things like this you should bring in some facts! Otherwise it is simple bashing!
I just bought the '140 G restart' which is one of the probably easyest turbines in handling and reliability. There is a lifetime guarantee on them and customer care/ service of Kingtech Europe, Jean-Marc in Luxembourg, is one of the best I have ever seen.
And I am in this hobby for more than fifty years...
@Abdul: The 'Odyssey' is worth every single cent! Good overall quality and complete kit - would buy it right away again! Only items you should quickly get rid of iare the threaded rods that come with!
Old 05-10-2018, 02:58 AM
horsefeetky

i have both jets odyssey is not built up yet but all items waiting on it. plan on 140n in it. taildragger rc has his for sale and it was his that caused me to buy one from him last year. super nice workmanship and watching one fly in the video is just how it is.. smooth light and honest.. it does need a uat and better linkages but once assembled it will last a long time.

as for the predator i have a k180 in it and it is more of a hard surface jet. a bit more weight than the odyssey but again a lot of plane for the money i bought the turbine ready version and very happy with all that was included and quality is great also. i did order the smoke tank from top rc direct and it got here in under 10 days and fits perfect.

guess it depends on what turbine you have in mind the odyssey will fly well from 120 up i would say predator is 140n and up power
also you can get the predator in turbine ready and save time and some money in the deal and your in the air faster

predator kevlar tank has uat built into it nice feature

Last edited by horsefeetky; 05-10-2018 at 03:00 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:03 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by Swissy
Sorry 'AshC01' but what is your Problem with Kingtech? If you write things like this you should bring in some facts! Otherwise it is simple bashing!
I just bought the '140 G restart' which is one of the probably easyest turbines in handling and reliability. There is a lifetime guarantee on them and customer care/ service of Kingtech Europe, Jean-Marc in Luxembourg, is one of the best I have ever seen.
And I am in this hobby for more than fifty years...
@Abdul: The 'Odyssey' is worth every single cent! Good overall quality and complete kit - would buy it right away again! Only items you should quickly get rid of iare the threaded rods that come with!

Thank you for the response I appreciate it and I am glad I asked you guys otherwise maybe I wouldn't have noticed the bad linkages. I will make sure to replace them with H9 Titanium if I end buying the Odyssey.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:09 PM
alfawaz

Originally Posted by horsefeetky
i have both jets odyssey is not built up yet but all items waiting on it. plan on 140n in it. taildragger rc has his for sale and it was his that caused me to buy one from him last year. super nice workmanship and watching one fly in the video is just how it is.. smooth light and honest.. it does need a uat and better linkages but once assembled it will last a long time.

as for the predator i have a k180 in it and it is more of a hard surface jet. a bit more weight than the odyssey but again a lot of plane for the money i bought the turbine ready version and very happy with all that was included and quality is great also. i did order the smoke tank from top rc direct and it got here in under 10 days and fits perfect.

guess it depends on what turbine you have in mind the odyssey will fly well from 120 up i would say predator is 140n and up power
also you can get the predator in turbine ready and save time and some money in the deal and your in the air faster

predator kevlar tank has uat built into it nice feature

Hey man thanks for the reply as you noticed I have been shuffling between both threads to get as much information as possible and make an educated decision before buying either one.
The convenience of the predator and price is unbeatable, but the odyssey seems to be similar in the price range. My only issue with the turbine ready version is I do not wish to experiment with new brand of servos and rather buy something I am used to.
To be honest with you I am somewhat on a tight budget so trying to get the best performance and component for as less as possible. This would be a first jet for me and I am not used to spending more than $4500 on an airplane (usual 120cc stuff), but I like the looks of both airplanes and I enjoy looking at them and do not have a huge preference for one over the other, hence probably cost and feedback of both will be the deciding factor on which to buy. Moreover, I looked it up on TDRC and it seems he is selling it for the same price as everyone else. Maybe wait until the 4th usually everyone runs some sort of a discount.

Thank you all I really appreciate you all
Old 05-13-2018, 10:37 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Guys,
in my experience 140 on the Odyssey is more than plenty - a 160 one is very powered and 180 will have to be absolutely crazy!

i think 140 is the perfect motor for this bird - lots of power, light, and goes STRONG!
check out my videos with the ATJ 140SV.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:45 AM
alfawaz

Thanks for sharing Adam I have watched your video and it looks very good. Do you have an idea if they are coming out with new colors ?
I love th design and looks of the odyssey but not the colors. I love the one you are flying Adam but black and red could be tricky with some lighting conditions. Also I like the white, black and orange. But would love if they come out with some bright colors and designs.
Old 05-13-2018, 10:34 PM
i3dm

Originally Posted by alfawaz
Thanks for sharing Adam I have watched your video and it looks very good. Do you have an idea if they are coming out with new colors ?
I love th design and looks of the odyssey but not the colors. I love the one you are flying Adam but black and red could be tricky with some lighting conditions. Also I like the white, black and orange. But would love if they come out with some bright colors and designs.
Who's Adam?
TopRC has 5 or 6 different paint schemes for the Odyssey, have you seen them all?
​​​​​​​
Old 05-14-2018, 04:46 AM
alfawaz

Sorry meant to say i3dm
and yes I have seen them and I was wondering if they were coming out with colors with high contrast for better visibility. Does that make sense?
Old 05-17-2018, 09:34 PM
alfawaz

Has anyone flown the odyssey with and old Kingtech 140 F/E I understand they are heavier and produce less thrust and was wondering if they fly the odyssey with authority like newer 140s
Old 05-18-2018, 06:13 PM
alfawaz

Just ordered my odyssey today from victor username (vquick) great customer service and communication. I am very excited to receive it. I order the white/black/orange version.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:39 AM
i3dm

Originally Posted by alfawaz
Has anyone flown the odyssey with and old Kingtech 140 F/E I understand they are heavier and produce less thrust and was wondering if they fly the odyssey with authority like newer 140s
Should fly great! have no worries.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.