Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Everyday flyer pack-n-go jet....

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Everyday flyer pack-n-go jet....

Old 02-22-2017, 03:13 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My “Everyday” flier is a BVM Bobcat.
· It transports with booms attached.
· Filed assembly takes 2 bolts and 2 minutes.
· It lands really really easy.
· It easy tops 200mph.... (with a VT 80!)..
· It is a true sport jet, which means it is designed to be low maintenance. Just fuel and fly, fuel and fly all day long.

Love my Bobcat.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:07 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I own a KingCat and the Cougar. One difference I've noticed when it comes to transporting is with the KC and BobCat, you leave the wing tubes in place to keep the booms in alignment. With the Cougar, the small and short wing tubes are in the outer wing panel keeping the main fuse "footprint" narrower. I love them both. Left the Cougar at home this weekend and flew the KingCat. If I was left with one, it would be the Cougar
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1001.JPG
Views:	77
Size:	146.9 KB
ID:	2202364  
Old 02-22-2017, 06:58 PM
JackD
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't say enough good things about the Cougar. I have the SM, but they all fly great. Super easy to fly, really precise on maneuvres, extremely low speed envelope, landings are incredibly easy. Plus, it just looks awesome all dirtied up for landing configuration.

And what Matt and Raffy say is spot on. Transportation is a breeze with the landing gear on the fuse.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Bobcat is my vote. Mine is an old xl. Reliable, fast, and easy every time. I can't stand how the flash looks.
Old 02-23-2017, 12:35 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Well,... there is a bit more to it than two bolts. There are the Servo connectors, there are the brake connectors, there are the gear connectors and on the UF there is a Aux fuel tank connection. All these connections make me nervous because on the Giant P-40 I had, the gear air connector failed and the plane cartwheeled on a belly landing. With a mid-wing section connected at all times, at least the gear is normally always connected and you can put keepers on those connections.
The point I'm trying to get across is it's simple. These connections are the same as you'd have on most aircraft (other than plugging in a fuel line) and for the air system it's only 3 connections as opposed to 3 per wing. I've invested in after market wing and fuselage bags so I can chuck it in the car easily and at the field it's really easy to assemble. Something like a Bobcat with the booms left on would be really quick as well I assume.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:42 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

A friend of mine at SVF has a PNP cougar. It is powered by a KT 120 and is a fantastic flyer with excellent scale looks. As far as the turbine foamie jets go, at the end of the day it's still a cheap foamie with an expensive motor in it. Been there done that.
Vin...
Old 02-23-2017, 10:18 PM
dbsonic
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

CARF Flash with main and saddle tanks.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:42 PM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Ultra Flash is a great everyday jet. It flies slow or fast and is very aerobatic.

I've owned several Flashes, but I prefer scale jets. Given that, I'd go with the Cougar. I have a SM Cougar on the way for this very reason.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:29 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Even though I have persisted in this fool hobby for over a half century now, I always have and still do hate building, but it is a necessary evil. The advent of the ARF and then the PNP have been wonderful for me. With that said, I would be most interested in the PNP Cougar just because it is the one I would most like to build. The description of big wing area and great slow speed abilities, good on grass, everyday simple flier, is also right in my wheel house. Yes my preference is purely selfish, but it sounds like you are leaning in a similar direction for similar reasons, at least on the flight envelope side.
Old 02-24-2017, 05:00 PM
Leardriver
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rebel seems like a great plane for everyday flying!