Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Spectrum Recall

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Spectrum Recall

Old 03-07-2017, 09:05 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL!

This has been one of the most entertaining threads in a while.

Come on, the ugandan warrior now the "insider"?!

Oooohhhh guuuuurrrrllllll!!!!!

And we did get to learn some, not a lot, new stuff about a spektrum recall.
Old 03-07-2017, 11:15 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Looks like someone has been removed from this thread just when it was getting juicy.
The whole recall question was answered in the first few posts.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:33 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder if the "insider" knows the real reason he was deleted. I know but won't tell anyone because I love secrets, HA!
Old 03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
junkjet
My Feedback: (55)

Somebody say something about a recall.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:56 PM
c/f
My Feedback: (1)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Well , I dont know why Graupner is not considered? I flown Futaba and JR for many years and the future IMHO is voice telemetry and smart reciever flight controllers. NOONE has all the items Graupner is bringing to the table.

After flying a complete year with a Graupner and NOT ONE HICCUP, I sold my JR 12X, Keeping my Futaba 12Z ,
Everytime I see the add for the Jeti 5 point harness it makes me laugh cause it really is needed.

Graupner features voice telemetry every reciever.
Model Match
Intergral flight controllers that program from a color touch screen and button back ups
S bus protocol that interfaces with all brands
Fuel flow telemetry
Xicoy ecu interfacing all veiwable onscreen menus or Tablet apps
Bluetooth and Bluetooth headsets
Flight controllers for 3 axis stabilization with heading hold, yaw dampening, rate flight mode selectable
Flight controllers for multirotor, flybarless heli,
And this is something I dont know of any one ever doing FREE MIXES in recievers, all setup with radio touchscreen
Online updates.
Mp3 player, SD card flight data logging.

This is just a short list, I am really impressed considering their top of line radio is $469, this comes with 3 recievers and a case, SD card, usb update programming cable, 5000mah TX Lipo. If you back out a few of these options its a $300 12 channel system, Its worth toying around with. It is sort of a Hybrid Futaba/JR mix of programming ease of use and functionality.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:30 PM
junkjet

Originally Posted by c/f
Well , I dont know why Graupner is not considered? I flown Futaba and JR for many years and the future IMHO is voice telemetry and smart reciever flight controllers. NOONE has all the items Graupner is bringing to the table.

After flying a complete year with a Graupner and NOT ONE HICCUP, I sold my JR 12X, Keeping my Futaba 12Z ,
Everytime I see the add for the Jeti 5 point harness it makes me laugh cause it really is needed.

Model Match
Intergral flight controllers that program from a color touch screen and button back ups
Fuel flow telemetry
Flight controllers for 3 axis stabilization with heading hold, yaw dampening, rate flight mode selectable
And this is something I dont know of any one ever doing FREE MIXES in recievers, all setup with radio touchscreen
Online updates.

This is just a short list, I am really impressed considering their top of line radio is $469, this comes with 3 recievers and a case, SD card, usb update programming cable, 5000mah TX Lipo. If you back out a few of these options its a $300 12 channel system, Its worth toying around with. It is sort of a Hybrid Futaba/JR mix of programming ease of use and functionality.
I was doing some u tube research on this radio. I am getting tempted but I just switched to dmss jr from dsm jr. Got a 14 at a good price.
Old 03-21-2017, 06:06 AM
rbgetz

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just an FYI - I just noticed that Horizon has renamed the newer RX's. The AR12300T is now the AR12310T and looks like June/July before we'll see them again. Does anyone really know what the issue was?
Old 03-21-2017, 01:13 PM
mdeseve

So guys, what are the options right now if you want a 12 ch and up dsmx. I have a brand new bird ready for maiden and no options for a receiver.

Mike
Old 03-21-2017, 01:43 PM
RCflyerCT
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What about power box mercury?
Old 03-21-2017, 05:02 PM
flyloose

Originally Posted by mdeseve
So guys, what are the options right now if you want a 12 ch and up dsmx. I have a brand new bird ready for maiden and no options for a receiver.

Mike
I had the exact same issue... I just got really frustrated that not only was there a recall but they discontinued the previous line of power safe receivers....leaving us in a bind...(pardon the pun)
Decided to change brands and just keep Spektrum for the fun plug n play cheap stuff. I fly my foamy with my DX18. Lol
Old 03-22-2017, 04:42 AM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

I just started using Spektrum. My timing was real bad. I waited 5 months for the radio and now can't get jet quality servos or receivers. I'm hoping more people follow the fads and jump ship to a different system. That way, when stuff comes back in stock, I'll have a better chance of getting what I need.
Old 03-22-2017, 05:00 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Mike
Steal one out of another plane in your fleet.
Vin...
Old 03-22-2017, 06:31 AM
spaceman 01
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello mdeseve,
I have an older power safe, but new 12ch dsmx that I was going to use for my CRF Mig 29 with the expender . I still have time before I fly it .
If you want it PM me. Nick.
Old 03-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Mike
PowerBox produces a number of PE's with all sorts of functions available depending on how much money you want to spend. The new Mercury is a really slick offering with built in six axis iGyro and an optional GPS which will work with the gyro.

About $500.00 USD with the GPS, $430.00 or so without and for you spektrum guys, all you need to do is plug some satellite/remote rx's into the PE and you're good to go.

https://www.powerbox-systems.com/pro...rcury-srs.html
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 PM
junkjet

Originally Posted by c/f

Model Match
Fuel flow telemetry
Online updates.

Just poped. On the Graupner 24 pro. Got it yesterday for 420.00 free shipping from tower.
Old 03-22-2017, 04:16 PM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a new but out of box AR12120 that I was going to put in my SM 1/3.65 Hawk but have switched to Jeti due to the recall of the new Rx's and a system fault failure right out of the box on a new DX-20.

PM me if you're interested in buying the AR12120 it from me. It has never even been bound. It will be sold with the Xplus module and a TM1000 module.

JS

Mike
Old 03-23-2017, 04:29 AM
rbgetz

Is it true that the DX18 is discontinued? I noticed they're removed on Horizon website
Old 03-23-2017, 04:52 AM
c/f

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Junkjet

PM me for my phone number, just a few tips and tricks and you'll be off an running.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:36 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rbgetz
Is it true that the DX18 is discontinued? I noticed they're removed on Horizon website
That's what I have heard from a good source.. Once again they discontinue a product on or before the release of the replacement/new product... Just like the T receivers.. I understand that the new radio will be a 12 channel. If you want more, go to the 20... 18 and 20 is kinda silly...
I wonder if the the new 12ch willl have the same footprint and gimble's as the 20.. That would be my bet. They better hope they don't have a problem with it like the new receivers... People are pissed... No choices and nothing to fall back on...

Dan

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 03-23-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-25-2017, 12:22 PM
jsnipes

Last chance before listing it on RCU Marketplace. I'd rather one of us jet guys get it if needed.

JS

Originally Posted by jsnipes
I have a new but out of box AR12120 that I was going to put in my SM 1/3.65 Hawk but have switched to Jeti due to the recall of the new Rx's and a system fault failure right out of the box on a new DX-20.

PM me if you're interested in buying the AR12120 it from me. It has never even been bound. It will be sold with the Xplus module and a TM1000 module.

JS
Old 03-25-2017, 12:24 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much?
Old 03-26-2017, 02:24 AM
bem

Originally Posted by rbgetz
If You look at Spektrum homepage there is a "DISC." (discontinued) in upper right corner of the image for DX18 and DX9.
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodId=SPM18100
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdId=SPM9900

/Bo
Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 AM
rcjetsaok

Old 03-26-2017, 08:07 AM
rcjetsaok

Anyone heard anything about the 12Ch ???

D
Old 03-26-2017, 06:45 PM
jsnipes

Sold!

Originally Posted by jsnipes
Last chance before listing it on RCU Marketplace. I'd rather one of us jet guys get it if needed.

JS

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.