Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster Viperjet 2M and 1/6.75 f-16 questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster Viperjet 2M and 1/6.75 f-16 questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2017, 06:18 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Skymaster Viperjet 2M and 1/6.75 f-16 questions

i have both a skymaster viperjet 2M and a new Extreme jets 1/6.75 F-16 first.. i was wondering what kind of luck people were having with the supplied Air Accessories ,like the air line ,retract valves,air line connectors, and gear door cylinders . Next .. I have a kingtech 120G and a Jetcat RX140 and i'm on the fence about what should go in what. i want the power for the f-16 but i want to keep the weight down but i want to put the 120 in the viper so i don't have to carry a lot of fuel as i want this to be a short ,grass runway ,everyday jet. so and thoughts? WB_1
Old 03-05-2017, 08:37 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

AIrlines need to go, Left mine in my 2M Viper for the first year but it all started going south after that. Lines splitting and such. The valve are not that great either, I would use other stuff.. The Tee's never came into play, but I would replace all the airline and tee's with the good stuff. The biggest issue We've seen in all the Skymaster & Extreme is the door hinges .. Very weak and brittle. Have replaced many. Also the arms that the air cylinder piston attaches to on the doors.... I keep DuBro 1/2A conrtol horns on hand to replace those...

Cheers,

Dan

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 03-05-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 03-05-2017, 03:08 PM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
AIrlines need to go, Left mine in my 2M Viper for the first year but it all started going south after that. Lines splitting and such. The valve are not that great either, I would use other stuff.. The Tee's never came into play, but I would replace all the airline and tee's with the good stuff. The biggest issue We've seen in all the Skymaster & Extreme is the door hinges .. Very weak and brittle. Have replaced many. Also the arms that the air cylinder piston attaches to on the doors.... I keep DuBro 1/2A conrtol horns on hand to replace those...

Cheers,

Dan
thanks dan. i kinda had a feeling the air part might be an issue . i did buy new line from DW and i guess i'll be changing it out . just was wondering before i ripped it out for nothing. WB_1