Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 01:04 PM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by marcpamjoce
I have been trying to tell everyone that FEJ has improved over 350%. Their jets are built to last and are the lightest in the business. They are the next best thing, other than flying in a real jet. I hope everyone gives them a 5th chance and make sure you reach out to them on Facebook and Instagram. James and Nir are at your beckon call and can't wait to get you set up in your very own RC Jet. They will even match you up with one of their turbines that is specially designed to fit their aircraft and give you the exact thrust to weight ratio that you need to perform perfect and straight up verticals as soon as you take off. Need smoke, not a problem, they have you covered there as well. They are a turnkey operation that is standing buy for your business. This is just my opinion, but i think their F16 are a notch up from Scale-Jets version. I am not joking. So please, run inside your house, pick up your phone, dial James, and let the good times roll, ehhh i mean fly.
Im ok with FEJ, but this is a little much yea?
Old 03-13-2017, 01:12 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I have been trying to tell everyone that FEJ has improved over 350%. Their jets are built to last and are the lightest in the business. They are the next best thing, other than flying in a real jet. I hope everyone gives them a 5th chance and make sure you reach out to them on Facebook and Instagram. James and Nir are at your beckon call and can't wait to get you set up in your very own RC Jet. They will even match you up with one of their turbines that is specially designed to fit their aircraft and give you the exact thrust to weight ratio that you need to perform perfect and straight up verticals as soon as you take off. Need smoke, not a problem, they have you covered there as well. They are a turnkey operation that is standing buy for your business. This is just my opinion, but i think their F16 are a notch up from Scale-Jets version. I am not joking. So please, run inside your house, pick up your phone, dial James, and let the good times roll, ehhh i mean fly.
Is this a joke? Despite being nothing but a sales pitch, nothing FEJ has done in the past would suggest any of the above is true. Better than the Scale Jets F-16? Yeah.. No. Nice try. Next.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:26 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Marcpamjoe is a guy who is just trying to post to have fun. And pi$$ing people of doing it! But, I'm sure he'll get the ban hammer eventually.

Well all you have to do is search for FEJ and you'll see a lot of stories of crashed airplanes. But, again, apparently FEJ is doing quite well out there!

It's kinda hard to say "Good for them" when I've got a brand new F-14 that I was told was flight worthy and tested. I also volunteered to share one of those big F-16's with a buddy who got one in a trade, and once I started building it, I saw REALLY bad and shoddy work. I even took x-rays.

F-14

F-16 (pre-honeycomb)

Well, apparently that is in the past.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:45 PM
mikes68charger

This is a defiantly a odd question and a issue we have to remember RCU is not the only place in the world that discuses and fly's RC Jets. I know a lot of people were messed over, and I also would be very upset if such a low quality jet was sent to me.

But I do believe it is possible for a company to change, and I do believe RCU going total lock out on FEJ may have help push them to changing.

What blows my mind is the way this hobby is looked at, When FEJ had there issues is when they were improperly using a new material that was designed to make the structures lighter and stronger. But no mater how good a material is, if used for the wrong application it will fail. I have 2 FEJ jets, there older ply F15 which is almost 100% identical to my boys SM F15 which has 8 years and countless flight on, and there new F16 which is all honeycomb except for all the formers being ply. I have had this jet for 3 years now, and I have almost 300 flight with it (supposed to use a 22 pound motor but I'm using a P120SX turned down to 27 pounds) Did I cut access to the elevator to insure I felt safe with my jet (yes and they seemed to have learned to stop using honeycomb to bolt the elevator shafts to)

I mean yes if you pay 7k for a jet it should be perfect, BUT these new large FEJ are 1/2 the Cost of there Spymaster counterparts, Why? are they cutting so many corners that they can afford to sell it for 1/2 price and make a profit? Or dose it have anything to do, with the fact so many people jumped on the band wagon for a few brands that caused some lesser company's to be longer in competition. (think about how many real jet brands are left) Not everyone can afford a Shelby Mustang with the expectation of perfections, but some can afford a kia and expect some work must be done to make sure they are safe and make the same lap times.

I just moved to IL, 2 years ago, and got 4 more guys into jets that never even seen one fly. And you would not believe how many times they come to me and say, I don't get it, Why is FEJ almost 1/2 price, there stuff looks great. I then tell them there are certain jet shows you can not fly this brand at, and there all like so, im not into jets to impress others, just have fun at my field. And I think that is what most people on this site forget about. Im going to FL jets next week, my first time, and Im excited but I know unless you are in the (Crew) you treaded like an outsider no matter what brand of jet you have.

Of course one of my boys didn't take my advice and got a CJM jet, and after 2 months of peace's showing up that were missing, he was like this is the biggest peace of crap ever. LOL While FEJ is bad, I do think some are worse.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:13 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Here we go again
Old 03-13-2017, 02:32 PM
marcpamjoce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Marcpamjoe is a guy who is just trying to post to have fun. And pi$$ing people of doing it! But, I'm sure he'll get the ban hammer eventually.

Well all you have to do is search for FEJ and you'll see a lot of stories of crashed airplanes. But, again, apparently FEJ is doing quite well out there!

It's kinda hard to say "Good for them" when I've got a brand new F-14 that I was told was flight worthy and tested. I also volunteered to share one of those big F-16's with a buddy who got one in a trade, and once I started building it, I saw REALLY bad and shoddy work. I even took x-rays.

F-14

F-16 (pre-honeycomb)

Well, apparently that is in the past.

Very nice to see your countries tax dollars at work utilizing machines that could be doing something abit more useful than xraying a damn airplane, OMG!!!! Next thing you know you will be putting a JetCat inside of a MRI machine.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:46 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Okay this is just getting stupid, I enjoy the forums for the build threads and useful knowledge that can be found and learned by all new and old. Would someone who knows a mod or knows the location of a report link please take care of this. This is getting ridiculous.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2160.JPG
Views:	80
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	2205231  
Old 03-13-2017, 02:52 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Very nice to see your countries tax dollars at work utilizing machines that could be doing something abit more useful than xraying a damn airplane, OMG!!!! Next thing you know you will be putting a JetCat inside of a MRI machine.

No worries, this was covered under the Obamacare honeycomb plan. Rav was told personally that if he liked his F-14, he could keep his F-14. Unfortunately he doesn't like it but he may be stuck with it.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:57 PM
marcpamjoce

Originally Posted by afterburner
No worries, this was covered under the Obamacare honeycomb plan. Rav was told personally that if he liked his F-14, he could keep his F-14. Unfortunately he doesn't like it but he may be stuck with it.
Now thats funny!!! Nice to see someone w/ a sense of humor, right Keith!!!! Boy i bet you are just a pure hoot to be around. Are you one of those old farts that scrams kids if they get too close to your plane?
Old 03-13-2017, 04:37 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by afterburner
Now that's funny!! you have to admit that was Damn Funny!!!
Old 03-13-2017, 07:25 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

And I'll sell you some turbine oil with anti-slime ingredient already in it
Old 03-14-2017, 05:42 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK guys I have had to do some cleanup here. Let's keep it polite and can the personal attacks.

There is some latitude being shown to this thread because of previous history associated with this manufacturer who bought a new meaning to the phrase " flying stab[s] ".
Old 03-14-2017, 05:51 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by j.duncker
OK guys I have had to do some cleanup here. Let's keep it polite and can the personal attacks.

There is some latitude being shown to this thread because of previous history associated with this manufacturer who bought a new meaning to the phrase " flying stab[s] ".
Nope. Need to clean deeper.
Old 03-14-2017, 10:16 AM
mikes68charger

It is a little crazy that we cant have a conversation about this brand with out all the bashing. I can not believe there are only a hand full of people who fly these jets safely. Also if you have one that you don't feel is safe put it up for sale and be honest about it. People like me would love to get into that F14 you think is just for decoration, as I believe I have the talent, time, and skills to rectified any defects, If I can make a Byron F15, F16 fly as good and be as safe as any Spymaster than I believe anything can be rebuilt, or built to be safe if you have the time, skills.
Old 03-14-2017, 11:42 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

LOL @ affordable FEJ-Care act!

I totally agree with you Mike.

If FEJ has turned a new leaf and they are making great jets, then GREAT! Lets hear it and see it!

I'm not so sure I'm a believer, but anything can happen.

Mike, I paid $5700 shipped. Whaddaya wanna offer me?
Old 03-14-2017, 01:00 PM
Doug Cronkhite

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

There were just way too many examples of people buying airplanes that had clearly not actually flown, or were being used as unwitting test pilots for the kits. FEJ killed their own brand integrity. Nobody is going to give them a chance without seeing them fly the airplanes themselves.. A LOT.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:09 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by j.duncker
ok guys i have had to do some cleanup here. Let's keep it polite and can the personal attacks.

you missed some
Old 03-14-2017, 03:43 PM
Mike06659

LOL, Afterburner!! I love it!! So True! Made my day
Old 03-14-2017, 05:16 PM
FenderBean

Well regardless they are here to stay, first in flight announced on FB fej is donating three jets and other stuff for the event auction. I just don't see them taking care of folks if something does happen. Lots of folks were left holding the bag with jets that could not be flown, to think they will take care of their customers now is a big gamble. Im worried fej will ruin the forums again, starting to see people posting build threads and some helpful things again. Hope I'm wrong and nobody gets hurt.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:30 PM
marcpamjoce

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Well regardless they are here to stay, first in flight announced on FB fej is donating three jets and other stuff for the event auction. I just don't see them taking care of folks if something does happen. Lots of folks were left holding the bag with jets that could not be flown, to think they will take care of their customers now is a big gamble. Im worried fej will ruin the forums again, starting to see people posting build threads and some helpful things again. Hope I'm wrong and nobody gets hurt.
Didn't you have a FEJ model. And you didn't heed the warning when we all tried to tell you. But i will say FEJ is a changed company and i would bet my life savings that they are for real now.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:37 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
And after Trumpdontcare he won't have any jets
+1,

lol but everyone with DonTCare will save yuuuuuuuuuge amounts fuel and money from NOT flying anything !!!

Last edited by erh7771; 03-15-2017 at 02:25 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 01:43 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
It is a little crazy that we cant have a conversation about this brand with out all the bashing. I can not believe there are only a hand full of people who fly these jets safely. Also if you have one that you don't feel is safe put it up for sale and be honest about it. People like me would love to get into that F14 you think is just for decoration, as I believe I have the talent, time, and skills to rectified any defects, If I can make a Byron F15, F16 fly as good and be as safe as any Spymaster than I believe anything can be rebuilt, or built to be safe if you have the time, skills.
There's definitely NOT just a handful flying

I do understand some not wanting to support FEJ in any way because of past CS issues or just taking folk money but they're using PayPal now.at least.

If they can keep selling a decent quality ~90" (some dimension) scale military jets with decent details for 2 stacks maybe it'll force the others to do the same.

We'll see... I'm all for second chances.

Last edited by erh7771; 03-15-2017 at 02:11 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 06:29 AM
FenderBean

Didn't you have a FEJ model. And you didn't heed the warning when we all tried to tell you. But i will say FEJ is a changed company and i would bet my life savings that they are for real now.
Yes I did, I bought mine before they started doing all the crap they were doing to folks. All I did was build threads on the jets I bought, I let folks decide what they wanted to buy, even the folks that called me offline and asked for my opinion I told them the good, the bad and the ugly. I gave honest feedback on what my experience was and nothing else. I knew exactly what I was getting into with them and like I said then I picked what worked for me at the time. My beef with fej has nothing to do with my personal experience with them, I knew what I was getting into and accepted it. My post and the reason I stopped dealing with them was all the shady crap they started doing to the new friends I was making in the hobby. I hope they have changed, because if not its sure to bring unwanted drama to the hobby. With that note I will add you to the ignore list so I am not tempted to respond, Cheers!!!

Last edited by FenderBean; 03-15-2017 at 06:33 AM.
Old 03-15-2017, 11:20 AM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by erh7771
There's definitely NOT just a handful flying

I do understand some not wanting to support FEJ in any way because of past CS issues or just taking folk money but they're using PayPal now.at least.

If they can keep selling a decent quality ~90" (some dimension) scale military jets with decent details for 2 stacks maybe it'll force the others to do the same.

We'll see... I'm all for second chances.
I am glad you can give secound chances, to a screwed up Moral compass! Because in the end this is all anyone has to go on.
Old 03-16-2017, 03:32 AM
u2fast
My Feedback: (37)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

quote : mikes68charger

" I just moved to IL, 2 years ago, and got 4 more guys into jets that never even seen one fly. And you would not believe how many times they come to me and say, I don't get it, Why is FEJ almost 1/2 price, there stuff looks great. I then tell them there are certain jet shows you can not fly this brand at, and there all like so, im not into jets to impress others, just have fun at my field. And I think that is what most people on this site forget about. Im going to FL jets next week, my first time, and Im excited but I know unless you are in the (Crew) you treaded like an outsider no matter what brand of jet you have. "

i find it interesting that you said you have never been to florida jets, but you already know that you will be "treaded" (treated) like an outsider. how would you know that?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.