Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Old 03-16-2017, 03:57 AM
Terry Holston
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mike, I went to FJ for the 1st time in 2012, and was treated just fine. I even sat at BVM's table at the Banquet.( Even tho he knew I wasn't at the time flying BVM) Frank Ribbed me like he used to at Superman, Met a lot of old friends and made a lot of new ones!! Just wish I could go again this year!

Last edited by Terry Holston; 03-16-2017 at 04:21 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-16-2017, 04:19 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by u2fast
quote : mikes68charger

" I just moved to IL, 2 years ago, and got 4 more guys into jets that never even seen one fly. And you would not believe how many times they come to me and say, I don't get it, Why is FEJ almost 1/2 price, there stuff looks great. I then tell them there are certain jet shows you can not fly this brand at, and there all like so, im not into jets to impress others, just have fun at my field. And I think that is what most people on this site forget about. Im going to FL jets next week, my first time, and Im excited but I know unless you are in the (Crew) you treaded like an outsider no matter what brand of jet you have. "

i find it interesting that you said you have never been to florida jets, but you already know that you will be "treaded" (treated) like an outsider. how would you know that?
I think there is a general misconception that because folks arrive at FJ in "groups" and RV's, and hang out in their tents, that they are some sort of a social elite club, when in reality most are every day modelers who happen to be very cool people and are very approachable. And Florida is so Fkn far, that it makes sense to travel in "groups" and carry your own pose, and rent or stay in a nice RV.

Just my perception.
Old 03-16-2017, 05:11 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by u2fast
quote : mikes68charger

" I just moved to IL, 2 years ago, and got 4 more guys into jets that never even seen one fly. And you would not believe how many times they come to me and say, I don't get it, Why is FEJ almost 1/2 price, there stuff looks great. I then tell them there are certain jet shows you can not fly this brand at, and there all like so, im not into jets to impress others, just have fun at my field. And I think that is what most people on this site forget about. Im going to FL jets next week, my first time, and Im excited but I know unless you are in the (Crew) you treaded like an outsider no matter what brand of jet you have. "

i find it interesting that you said you have never been to florida jets, but you already know that you will be "treaded" (treated) like an outsider. how would you know that?
Your right I should not assume. I know that's how I felt at Ky Jets, how I felt at NASA Scale contests, but it may be like anything else where one is new.

It it has taken 3 years of Me actually competing to stop feeling like an outsider as most of these groups are very tight.

That is is why I'm flying to Florida jets today, I ready to start flying at these shows and have plans to fly at Ky jets vs wach this year, and I hope to fly at Florida jets next year. I completed at a NASA scale contest last year with my Eurosport which was a baby step of flying with several planes in the air at the same time

Im not as lucky to have a flying Feild were there are many jet guys and every time I go to put a jet up every one lands as there scared of accidents or just want to watch

im hoping to make some friends at FL Jets this year to help me fly next year

Ill be the weird guy in a green Army hat, with a buddy who will be drolling over all the large jets LOL

Last edited by mikes68charger; 03-16-2017 at 06:35 AM.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:20 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Come out to BITW its a great place to fly and no elite cliques to deal with. Joe C. bends over backwards to make sure everyone gets in plenty of flying and has a great time with good food too!!
Old 03-16-2017, 06:36 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AV8ATOR
I am glad you can give secound chances, to a screwed up Moral compass! Because in the end this is all anyone has to go on.
FEJ is using PayPal

With PayPal I don't have to worry as much about compasses ... just hit the dispute button if things go sideways ... easy peasy.

I do understand the ire of folk who dealt with FEJ in the past though
Old 03-16-2017, 06:37 AM
mikes68charger

Originally Posted by Vincent
Come out to BITW its a great place to fly and no elite cliques to deal with. Joe C. bends over backwards to make sure everyone gets in plenty of flying and has a great time with good food too!!
Its a 19 hour drive from my place, so I will fly out this year, and next year we are planning on driving. I bring a new rc jet guy with me that I got hooked bad who has a lot more $$ than me, which helps to have some one split the cost for next year.. Cant wait He asked me if Fly eagle Jets would have any on display so he can see the difference him self, but I told him with them being band to fly, I drought they will be there as a vendor.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:46 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mikes68charger
Your right I should not assume. I know that's how I felt at Ky Jets, how I felt at NASA Scale contests, but it may be like anything else where one is new.

It it has taken 3 years of Me actually competing to stop feeling like an outsider as most of these groups are very tight.

That is is why I'm flying to Florida jets today, I ready to start flying at these shows and have plans to fly at Ky jets vs wach this year, and I hope to fly at Florida jets next year. I completed at a NASA scale contest last year with my Eurosport which was a baby step of flying with several planes in the air at the same time

Im not as lucky to have a flying Feild were there are many jet guys and every time I go to put a jet up every one lands as there scared of accidents or just want to watch

im hoping to make some friends at FL Jets this year to help me fly next year

Ill be the weird guy in a green Army hat, with a buddy who will be drolling over all the large jets LOL
Let's be honest guys, there's a lot of type A personalities in this segment of the hobby and some can be a bit intimidating at first, but are great guys once you get to know them. If you're looking for a more laid back environment to ease yourself into flying at a big event you might also think about going to Mississippi Afterburner next month. It's about as laid back of an event as you'll ever find, feels more like a club fun fly than a jet meet.
Old 03-16-2017, 06:54 AM
kevinthoele

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

If FEJ wants to show me something. Build everything in the line from an arf kit. Fly the snot out of it at every big event (Over and Over again) without issues for a year!!! I am very lucky I did not spend my money on earlier issues plagued models but if they will show me planes being flown hard and they show longevity maybe I might try one..
Old 03-16-2017, 07:07 AM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Originally Posted by Terry Holston
Mike, I went to FJ for the 1st time in 2012, and was treated just fine. I even sat at BVM's table at the Banquet.( Even tho he knew I wasn't at the time flying BVM) Frank Ribbed me like he used to at Superman, Met a lot of old friends and made a lot of new ones!! Just wish I could go again this year!
+1,

Went first time last year and had a ball, very relaxing environment ... there are people who've been flying nearly all their lives so they've made tons of friends but bottom line people want to talk about their models and yours too.

Even FEJ

Wish it was in the cards to go again this year ... too many health issues.
Old 03-16-2017, 07:09 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I just know with what I saw, and what I received, I couldn't care less if they started making the best jets in the world I'll never have another one. If anything it was more the F*** You attitude I received when I asked them questions and the F*** what's right (and necessary) attitude they showed regarding the Liberty sport jet.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:32 AM
Terry Holston

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
Let's be honest guys, there's a lot of type A personalities in this segment of the hobby and some can be a bit intimidating at first, but are great guys once you get to know them. If you're looking for a more laid back environment to ease yourself into flying at a big event you might also think about going to Mississippi Afterburner next month. It's about as laid back of an event as you'll ever find, feels more like a club fun fly than a jet meet.
Another laid back event is Jets Over the Heartland at Winamac Indiana, In June. Tim Riddelman is the CD and its just fun flying Lots of good grub and no Noon displays. There are even a few vendors.
Old 03-16-2017, 10:33 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I just know with what I saw, and what I received, I couldn't care less if they started making the best jets in the world I'll never have another one. If anything it was more the F*** You attitude I received when I asked them questions and the F*** what's right (and necessary) attitude they showed regarding the Liberty sport jet.
That is the heart of the problem right there - there were a LOT of very competent jet guys who were early adopters of the FEJ offerings and it was VERY evident that not only did they not know enough about what they were doing to do it right, but that they had NO interest in taking feedback on how to fix it. Then there was the whole issue of their aircraft shedding parts in flight AND them not delivering things to customers that they were promised.

People can SAY that they've changed all they want, but for those of us who were there in the "early days," we'll have to SEE that things have changed (and see it CONSISTENTLY for quite some time) before we'll believe it...

Bob
Old 03-16-2017, 11:43 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Come to Reno, Nevada April 8-9 It's a new event to stake your own claim at.

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...erra-jets.html
Old 03-16-2017, 04:02 PM
bikecrasher

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Until fly eagle replaces my A10 and large hawk that both went in from manufacturing faults...
Then ill never buy from them again.
My hawk flew very nice but something blew offthe wing that put it into a uncontrolled roll..
Total loss with that one. Over $20k all up
Old 03-16-2017, 07:59 PM
imperio
My Feedback: (5)

ive heard they have improved but I bought a velox xl from global and they had to send me 3 of the velox xl before I had one that would actualy bolt together lol then there was mold stress cracks out the ass n on the ass of the velox I finally ended up with I'm nervouse about building the model out n ive spent $4000 not including the turbine n ive been arguing with the FB china/Catherine n they just want to pressure me into accepting the jet n build n fly it n when it comes apart in mid air the evendence is gone lol POOF on impact lol what id like for them to do is either refund my money or get a model without defects n both materials n workmanship either a velox or something of equal value that I can FLY! ive got other Fb jets like my Rafael which is a older machine yet shes really nice pleasure to fly n ive got skymaster n JL jets yet it seems since FB has gone to this new control hinge type things have change n not for the better as the velox xl all 3 of them they send had horriable mold stress cracks plus other defects n ive got pictures if anyone wants to check em out lol I live n okla my number 405-585-2557 n my name is terry n my email is [email protected] so if ur thinking of buy a FB jet contact me I will tell u a story with hard evidence n pictures of why u should run from FB, they just want me to shut up n go away n imhearing from others how they got the same similar treatment so If uve been burned by FB or some other turbine jet manufacture hit me up n lets talk
Old 03-16-2017, 08:08 PM
mikes68charger

Wow sorry to hear. I just sold my Velox XL, I was the 3rd owner with crazy flights. I had a AMT450 42 pound turbine in mine. Crazy fun
Old 03-16-2017, 09:17 PM
imperio
My Feedback: (5)

u must have had one of the older ones? the newer version I got had the gapless flight control hinges so to speak whi would delaminate as ive got pictures of the other 3 velox xl I was sent before this one which actually bolt together as the other 3 wouldn't plus theres mold stress cracks right out of the box around the rear of the fuselage under the engine n they r big cracks n all 3 of the other 3 including this one has these same cracks along with cracks on both tail booms where the elevator fits between the tail booms plus massive misalighned front wing spars plus a list of other stuff which is long n pissing me off as Fb has been putting pressure on me to fix repair these defects n shut up n go away n I'm not having that, I paid upfront in good faith they need to stepup n either replace this jet with something without defects n materials n workmanship or give back my money n take there problem child defective jet n go back to the FB factory n figure why this many models n this many defects?? ***?? ive got a older FB model a Rafael n its a nice machine so something changed at FB because Jose Menendez himself told me they had to fight with FB over sending defective workmanship n materials knowingly out to customers, ive got lots of pics of 3 different velox xl same problem with the exception of the delaminations which isn't present/well not yet on the velox I'm stuck with, Catherine from the FB factory wants to shove the blame off on global but global didn't build these jets lol the FB factory built them so how is it globals fault because if I order through global they place a order at the FB factory n I have to wait for the veloxs all freaking 3 of them to be built then sent on a slow boat from china to the usa and I'm getting emails from others whom have had the same problems as FB pressures the dealer s to pressure the customers to accept these defective models I'm just glad I have tried to assemble the velox ive got because at one point they tried to say ive built n flown the model n that's a lie n I don't know where they got that idea but I'm not building out something potentially danerouse which if I did knowing this velox has these defects n workmanship n if it did crash n hurt somone or dmage a lot of property by a fire from the crash I could be charged with that could go to jail, nope not worth it ive got my other jets n they fly real nice n the fit n finish is real good n I like the way I fly lol as much vertical work as possiable and there a guy who sells much arger fuel tanks for the velox xl n id advise buying his tanks just to be on the safe side n they actually fit the hole inside the fuselage n will stay where ya place them unlike the stock center tank lol what a joke, hey go to FB china and try to access the manual for the velox xl lol u cant lol they got it locked where u cant see anything about the manual but all the other manuals are available for down load, why is the velox xl manual being kept from those who need than info, my guess is theres a bunch of stuff they didn't or dont send with the models anymore, but they should send all that wood stuff to mount the fuel tanks air bottles servos battery boxes that are built from the wood they don't want ya to see because they don't send it anymore, I actually got a manual from another source so I know what theyere leaving out of the velox xl model, also they make it hard to find control throws n the center of gravity, this velox n xl n the other 3 all had got paint inside the air cyclinders that retract the landing gear just because FB factory didn't want to bother putting a piece of masking tape over the air nippples, lol I put 3 p in that word nippples lol, **** ya gotta laugh at something or go krazy lol, I shouldn't have to clean up FB factorys mess, I didn't have to before or with other brands of jets, well except a bit of a mess with the extreme jets from bob violet 1/6th.75 n it wasnt anything like this no structual cracks no mold stress cracks. **** that kinda **** makes me nervouse n that's no fun to fly when ur scared of it, hell I don't wanna destroy a turbine when I know the airframe will fail lol that would be stupid for me to assemble it n just fly no matter the risk I'm not doing that nope no way
Old 03-18-2017, 09:26 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by erh7771
FEJ is using PayPal

With PayPal I don't have to worry as much about compasses ... just hit the dispute button if things go sideways ... easy peasy.

I do understand the ire of folk who dealt with FEJ in the past though
i will be careful relaying on that. Become familiar with Paypal policies
- you must open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the payment. so what if they tell you your plane lead-time is more than that, and they want payment up-front.
-Paypal protection program don't include "aircraft" . Now I will agree that is meant for full scale aircraft, but you never know.
-You must have paid with FEJ as a "merchant". Don't use "family/friends" to avoid fees because you will lose any protection.
- Paypal protection is for claims that meet the "Significantly Not as Described". So if they send you a crappy product, but the paint looks good or is otherwise hard to argue that the construction is crappy you may not be protected. Paypal policy indicates that if the item was properly described but did not meet your expectations, you will NOT be successful in your claim.

Why bother with FEJ...?
Old 03-18-2017, 12:06 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
i will be careful relaying on that. Become familiar with Paypal policies
- you must open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the payment. so what if they tell you your plane lead-time is more than that, and they want payment up-front.
-Paypal protection program don't include "aircraft" . Now I will agree that is meant for full scale aircraft, but you never know.
-You must have paid with FEJ as a "merchant". Don't use "family/friends" to avoid fees because you will lose any protection.
- Paypal protection is for claims that meet the "Significantly Not as Described". So if they send you a crappy product, but the paint looks good or is otherwise hard to argue that the construction is crappy you may not be protected. Paypal policy indicates that if the item was properly described but did not meet your expectations, you will NOT be successful in your claim.

Why bother with FEJ...?
The prices, take their new version 1/6 scale F-18, they have cloned SMs gear and pretty much the entire jet. No idea whats in side but now it looks just like SMs, but you can get one with everything for 3800ish while SM it will cost almost 10k. I deff dont think any of the models SM sales is worth what they charge but when you have the market you can charge what you like. That being said people will flock to them at their current prices which is why they are doing it. I hope they have changed and fixed the issues, I said the same thing back when I was dealing with all the drama the more choices we have the better the prices are over all. I will just sit back and watch for awhile this go round, let the product do the talking. Okay I promise last thing I will say, im staying out of the rest got a new trailer today to haul jets so im super excited for the upcoming flying season!!!
Old 03-18-2017, 12:24 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by FenderBean
The prices, take their new version 1/6 scale F-18, they have cloned SMs gear and pretty much the entire jet. No idea whats in side but now it looks just like SMs, but you can get one with everything for 3800ish while SM it will cost almost 10k. I deff dont think any of the models SM sales is worth what they charge but when you have the market you can charge what you like. That being said people will flock to them at their current prices which is why they are doing it. I hope they have changed and fixed the issues, I said the same thing back when I was dealing with all the drama the more choices we have the better the prices are over all. I will just sit back and watch for awhile this go round, let the product do the talking. Okay I promise last thing I will say, im staying out of the rest got a new trailer today to haul jets so im super excited for the upcoming flying season!!!

Hey Keith. Great to hear you got a trailer. I can't wait until I can stop moving around so much to keep on lol. But back to FEJ. I have to say I broke down and got one of the 2.66m Hawks in yellow. It took a week to get to my house in Hawaii. I can't look over it yet as I am TDY right now. I want to do a build thread on it. If I do I just don't want all the drama on the page. My goal will allow others if wanted to see what ever they need in pictures of the structure. Also to aid me in enuring the build runs smooth. If I can kind of get a a good feeling of no attacking comments on the build thread then I'll do one. I wish I could afford SM but I can't and by the time I got all the funds needed it would be along time. Really the one I want from SM is the A10. Once I get home I start the build thread.
Old 03-18-2017, 12:58 PM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Hey Keith. Great to hear you got a trailer. I can't wait until I can stop moving around so much to keep on lol. But back to FEJ. I have to say I broke down and got one of the 2.66m Hawks in yellow. It took a week to get to my house in Hawaii. I can't look over it yet as I am TDY right now. I want to do a build thread on it. If I do I just don't want all the drama on the page. My goal will allow others if wanted to see what ever they need in pictures of the structure. Also to aid me in enuring the build runs smooth. If I can kind of get a a good feeling of no attacking comments on the build thread then I'll do one. I wish I could afford SM but I can't and by the time I got all the funds needed it would be along time. Really the one I want from SM is the A10. Once I get home I start the build thread.
Ultimately there will always be folks that will be negative, but I wouldnt let that stop me. I enjoy a build no matter who so I say go for it, at least it will take some of the guessing game out of how much they have changed/improved their product.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:38 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by FenderBean
Ultimately there will always be folks that will be negative, but I wouldnt let that stop me. I enjoy a build no matter who so I say go for it, at least it will take some of the guessing game out of how much they have changed/improved their product.
Yeah. I never owned one and I know that others had some very bad times with them and I hate that for those that did. I took a leap of faith knowing the past. The video chat that I had with my wife and she opened one of the boxes for me and from what I seen looks pretty good. But what I'll do when I get back is I'll take some good pictures with her good camera. If anyone wants certain pictures just ask and I'll do my best to get what they want.

Last edited by JoeJr1485; 03-18-2017 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:01 PM
marcpamjoce

Originally Posted by imperio
ive heard they have improved but I bought a velox xl from global and they had to send me 3 of the velox xl before I had one that would actualy bolt together lol then there was mold stress cracks out the ass n on the ass of the velox I finally ended up with I'm nervouse about building the model out n ive spent $4000 not including the turbine n ive been arguing with the FB china/Catherine n they just want to pressure me into accepting the jet n build n fly it n when it comes apart in mid air the evendence is gone lol POOF on impact lol what id like for them to do is either refund my money or get a model without defects n both materials n workmanship either a velox or something of equal value that I can FLY! ive got other Fb jets like my Rafael which is a older machine yet shes really nice pleasure to fly n ive got skymaster n JL jets yet it seems since FB has gone to this new control hinge type things have change n not for the better as the velox xl all 3 of them they send had horriable mold stress cracks plus other defects n ive got pictures if anyone wants to check em out lol I live n okla my number 405-585-2557 n my name is terry n my email is [email protected] so if ur thinking of buy a FB jet contact me I will tell u a story with hard evidence n pictures of why u should run from FB, they just want me to shut up n go away n imhearing from others how they got the same similar treatment so If uve been burned by FB or some other turbine jet manufacture hit me up n lets talk

Punctuation?
Old 03-18-2017, 03:05 PM
dubd

There is a market for cheap models, moderately priced models, and expensive models. Just like cars where you have Camaro, Corvettes, and Lambo. JoeJr, I'm wishing you all best with your new plane.

Last edited by dubd; 03-18-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 03:12 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by dubd
There is a market for cheap models, moderately priced models, and expensive models. Just like cars where you have Camaro, Corvettes, and Lambo. JoeJr, I'm wishing you thall best with your new plane.
thank you. I know what you mean some have issues and others don't ��. I will add as many pictures as I can to show how it's coming. I will start the thread in about two weeks. The only thing I need to get right now is a turbine. I'm looking at the kG180 in it once the telemetry kingtech hits the market.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.