Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Fly Eagle Jets?

Old 03-18-2017, 03:15 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgar Perez
i will be careful relaying on that. Become familiar with Paypal policies
- you must open a dispute within 180 days of the date you made the payment. so what if they tell you your plane lead-time is more than that, and they want payment up-front.
-Paypal protection program don't include "aircraft" . Now I will agree that is meant for full scale aircraft, but you never know.
-You must have paid with FEJ as a "merchant". Don't use "family/friends" to avoid fees because you will lose any protection.
- Paypal protection is for claims that meet the "Significantly Not as Described". So if they send you a crappy product, but the paint looks good or is otherwise hard to argue that the construction is crappy you may not be protected. Paypal policy indicates that if the item was properly described but did not meet your expectations, you will NOT be successful in your claim.

Why bother with FEJ...?

6 months and the last part is what I depend on via PP ...also ....Do NOT pay F&F on anything this expensive, from any vendor... PayPal is quick fast to get the issue resolved has been my experience enough to make me feel safe bout buyin whatever.

If the construction is not going to work or it'll make the model unflyable then that falls under SNAD... " I just don't like it " ... wont...

Always best to do homework no matter what model is bought
Old 03-18-2017, 03:23 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Originally Posted by FenderBean
The prices, take their new version 1/6 scale F-18, they have cloned SMs gear and pretty much the entire jet. No idea whats in side but now it looks just like SMs, but you can get one with everything for 3800ish while SM it will cost almost 10k. I deff dont think any of the models SM sales is worth what they charge but when you have the market you can charge what you like. That being said people will flock to them at their current prices which is why they are doing it. I hope they have changed and fixed the issues, I said the same thing back when I was dealing with all the drama the more choices we have the better the prices are over all. I will just sit back and watch for awhile this go round, let the product do the talking. Okay I promise last thing I will say, im staying out of the rest got a new trailer today to haul jets so im super excited for the upcoming flying season!!!
They have the 1/6 F-16 on sale for 2200 right now...

http://www.flyeaglejet.com/pd.jsp?id...pp=0_362_54_-1

At that price its work it to look
Old 03-18-2017, 04:54 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm biting the bullet on that 1/6 F-16.
For that price....I can make it work no problem.
Old 03-18-2017, 05:03 PM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
I'm biting the bullet on that 1/6 F-16.
You are!?!? Awesome well like I said when I placed mine for the Hawk. Paid PayPal then about 6/ 7 days later it was at the house FEdEx. What color are you going with? Are u going to do a build thread?
Old 03-19-2017, 07:02 AM
Mike06659

Does that included the landing gear as well? Am I reading that correctly?
Mike
Old 03-19-2017, 07:23 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Mike06659
Does that included the landing gear as well? Am I reading that correctly?
Mike
The price that shows includes everything.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:41 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
The price that shows includes everything.
You can buy two of these for the price of one Skymaster and have enough leftover to buy most if not all your servos, RX and electronics. No wonder so many have jumped in. Hopefully FW gives us the good, the bad and the ugly when he gets his.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:21 AM
dubd

Famous last words...
Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this not how it all started last time around? In the past when FEJ models began to have problems many people said they weren't aware of the issues (even though some of the horror stories were already being spread); surely there's no excuse this time?

Has anyone had any indication that they have corrected their customer service issues?

Even if the models were being sold for $10 I won't be buying until they have a proven track record and it seems, at the moment, they are still an unknown quantity.

Good luck to those taking the chance.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:24 PM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by dubd
Famous last words...
They have continued selling that particular model non stop quite succesfully. If you ask me, this is their lowest risk airframe. If I have to make parts for it, I can. If the gear doesn't work, I have a nice set of matrix that will drop right in. So really nothing to it......
Ive owned pbly 12 F-16s, to me they are like trainer 60s, including FEJ. Nothing to them. Can't speak for any others except their F-35 which I also have and so far so good.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:27 PM
FalconWings

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
You are!?!? Awesome well like I said when I placed mine for the Hawk. Paid PayPal then about 6/ 7 days later it was at the house FEdEx. What color are you going with? Are u going to do a build thread?
gonna provide them markings for the 50th anniversary PR ANG (USAF gray)
Old 03-19-2017, 02:37 PM
JoeJr1485

gonna provide them markings for the 50th anniversary PR ANG (USAF gray)

Nice! Well I'm looking forward to your build if you do one!
Old 03-20-2017, 10:48 AM
michaelsarysz

Everyone will see, Companies make mistakes, Auto companies, food companies, etc... Give FEJ a chance, the different will be relevant.
see my F-18 F Super Hornet in action. See for your self. A big change is coming and they will make it back, stop the drama guys and just be open minded for a change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7ZROhu6ASo
Old 03-20-2017, 10:55 AM
dubd

Originally Posted by michaelsarysz
Everyone will see, Companies make mistakes, Auto companies, food companies, etc... Give FEJ a chance, the different will be relevant.
see my F-18 F Super Hornet in action. See for your self. A big change is coming and they will make it back, stop the drama guys and just be open minded for a change.

I'm all for giving companies another chance, even FEJ. However, successful companies take care of their customers when they make mistakes. If you want FEJ to be given another chance, it's equally fair to ask FEJ to make things right with its former customers.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:21 AM
Eaglepilot2

Pretty gutsy to be flying (any brand jet) over or anywhere near the Thunderbird F-16's. Don't think I would have done that.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:22 AM
FenderBean

Received 77 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by dubd
I'm all for giving companies another chance, even FEJ. However, successful companies take care of their customers when they make mistakes. If you want FEJ to be given another chance, it's equally fair to ask FEJ to make things right with its former customers.
+1 the way they treated folks and just plane robbed folks is my beef. If this was an American company they would have been sued to hi hell.
Old 03-20-2017, 11:33 AM
michaelsarysz

It wasn't over them, it looked like that from the angle of the camera, I'm not that ballsy or dumb
My Fly Eagle F-18 F is one of the best flying Fighters I have ever flown / owned. Its about 4 years old now with about 350 flights on it. No issues..
Old 03-20-2017, 11:52 AM
Eaglepilot2

It wasn't over them, it looked like that from the angle of the camera, I'm not that ballsy or dumb
My Fly Eagle F-18 F is one of the best flying Fighters I have ever flown / owned. Its about 4 years old now with about 350 flights on it. No issues..
Understand and certainly wasn't implying that you were. I just don't have the coconuts to be flying that close to any full size military hardware! On the other hand, it looked like a really cool demo for the crowd!
Old 03-20-2017, 02:18 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's a great demo ! Really good scale flying. Love it
seperate from this, what seems to be a real concern is that FEj again only responds to questions they want to answer, they still ignore any question they don't like !!
does that sound like improvement ? Not to me, just like before, they respond when all is well, they ignore any and all problems. Second chance ? Same sh$$, think about it.
Old 03-20-2017, 10:00 PM
dubd

Very nice routine and kudos to the camera operator. Had my plane had plywood formers I'm sure it would be alive today.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:09 AM
SkyKnight
My Feedback: (67)

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Does anybody know or maybe better yet, can FEJ make a company statement regarding the correction(s) they made to improve their quality, like materials used past / present along with the construction process?

~alan
Old 03-21-2017, 03:25 AM
FalconWings

Sincerely one of the best demos I have seen. Great scale-like maneuvering, great smoke control....and nice.....looooong lines!
One of the things I criticize the most about modern day jet pilots is their lack of ability to draw simple, long straight lines, with wings level. Seems like they are always rushing that turn at the end of the runway.
Old 03-21-2017, 03:26 AM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Originally Posted by SkyKnight
Does anybody know or maybe better yet, can FEJ make a company statement regarding the correction(s) they made to improve their quality, like materials used past / present along with the construction process?

~alan
That would be nice. Hopefully they won't just say everything is "more better".
Old 03-21-2017, 07:21 AM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly my point, you won't hear anything, unless you are placing an order,
check the replies in classifieds ��