Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jets Hawk 2.66m Build

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jets Hawk 2.66m Build

Old 10-20-2017, 12:45 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Thruster
Well thats me done with this site - FFS

The OP is doing a great install. Really nice work JoeJr. I hope all your hardwork pays off, I never even started working on mine.
Old 10-20-2017, 08:56 PM
steveline9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeJr1485
Alright folks I’m back! We made it to Germany and now just waiting on our stuff to arrive. Once we get our housing good get here and delivered I will start back on the build of the Hawk. Also for those that recently received there by all means add your build pics too! �� that’s why I started this thread. I am looking forward to getting back to it!
Will be starting mine soon Joe when I get back from Saudi and receive my new nose as it was damaged in transit.
Will be a slow one tho as I have a lot on my plate right now but will post as I go 😊
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	670D87BE-BF49-4E64-B883-119134899A6C.jpeg
Views:	167
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2241770  
Old 10-21-2017, 04:07 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
There is alot of info (like really good, thoughtful and composed info) on FEJ. Even on FEJ hawks! Ask the CD of kentucky jets about his FEJ hawk. OP.
OK wow again, so are you speaking for the CD of JOK and his Hawk? Perhaps you should ask hike first......well I have talked to him and now I’m convince that I will get a Hawk!

Joejr1485, hopefully all these negative posts, about the past won’t stop you from finishing your build.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:16 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dansy,

I really do think you're missing the point. And OF COURSE everyone who has posted what you're calling 'negative' wishes the OP success with his model. Nobody is cheering for his failure here. As Rav said, he's doing a nice install and I hope everything turns out well for him.

JoeJR,

I just sent you a LONG PM.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:48 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Actually I think you guys are the one missing the point, your polluting this tread and any treads about FEJ products with concern, that we are fully aware of...many many time overs, just like a bad song.....like a lot of guys Are tired of those posts....
Old 10-21-2017, 11:38 AM
JoeJr1485

Fella’s! �� I know that each and everyone of you have some input to put in. All comments good/bad/concerns etc etc are to me welcome here. I am happy that we are all discussing the build. I too hope that my Hawks goes as planned. Once it gets here I will start back up. All I ask is that if me the builder looks to be doing something not right please let me know. I like to build my jets and planes to a high standard and if you see something on my pictures I post that could have done better please let me know. I am just thankful to have each and everyone of you to help me have eyes on this one as I build it. You can’t ask for a better set of people to put something together.
Old 10-21-2017, 11:41 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
Dansy,

I really do think you're missing the point. And OF COURSE everyone who has posted what you're calling 'negative' wishes the OP success with his model. Nobody is cheering for his failure here. As Rav said, he's doing a nice install and I hope everything turns out well for him.

JoeJR,

I just sent you a LONG PM.
i never got it lol haha
Old 10-21-2017, 09:39 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy
Actually I think you guys are the one missing the point, your polluting this tread and any treads about FEJ products with concern, that we are fully aware of...many many time overs, just like a bad song.....like a lot of guys Are tired of those posts....
Hmmm, well if we keep seeing the same bad stuff after reading things like "FEJ has turned a corner", "look at how nice this new stuff is", "their customer service is awesome!", etc......

Well, it kinda contradicts the stuff that we "old" people still see with their construction and what we "old" people still see with their "new and improved" customer service.

The OP sounds like a good dude and has the thick skin needed to stand the scrutiny of posting on the inter webs. People made fun of me to no end because I put a $0.03 robart nose retract on my $25k ultra bandit and I had to put with that, because when my arse is out there, it can get spanked.

We hope for everyone to have success with their jets, we know how much it costs to fly and wish no ill will on our fellow hobbyists.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:45 AM
Shaun Evans

i never got it lol haha

Serious?
Old 10-22-2017, 03:59 AM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
Serious?
i checked and nothing was in the inbox.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:08 AM
Shaun Evans

i checked and nothing was in the inbox.

Ha!

Well, that's cuz I sent it to the wrong guy! That poor guy....
Old 10-22-2017, 09:23 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

The ones FEJ had at BITW looked like they were actually well constructed. There wasn't glue everywhere and the places that need to be reinforced were with carbon fiber and nothing was bolted through honeycomb. The paint jobs could use some work, but that is the same for many manufacturers these days. Nothing is funnier than the "new big thing" in large jets having paint that is not proper.... So the "Elite" people know....

This is how it is supposed to look, not like you had it at BITW... and how about them 3 or 4 Behotec turbines in one show??...they sure make a nice bang to warn you they exploded before you have to make an emergency landing........ Where's the outrage?
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	F-14-vf-84.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	2242010  
Old 10-26-2017, 08:46 AM
steveline9

I think guys that we all have our own experiences and those of us who have not had a flyeagle product before and have not heard the negative press have a new and fresh prospective on this.
i am not new to the jet scene and I have checked this model over and indeed it does seem well constructed and I have shown the changes in the elevator construction alone.
this doesn’t excuse poor behaviour by the company in the past but it does show improvement and that’s what we all want right? A good product with good service.
i can only speak of the here and now and truly I have no complaints so why shouldn’t we say the positives without being mocked by those who want to post the negatives as I would not knock that myself but respect each others opinions and experiences and a warning about the product is gratefully received but let’s move on now.
When I bought mine I was aware they had elevator issues that’s all but have been accused by PM of now working with or having input from flyeagle. That’s very sad as I just bought a model that I like and think is good quality, yes the nose was damaged and has to go back but that too is sorted.
thats just fact and not plugging the product.
I will post positives and negatives as I go
Old 11-08-2017, 03:59 PM
old p47
My Feedback: (1)

Joe thanks for the info on jet building. I picked up some good ideas looking at your build

Mike
Old 11-18-2020, 07:44 AM
hoser

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

well getting back to flying after a few years of @#$%& got 4 flights in, the plane is a POC to fly.

The following users liked this post:
steveline9 (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 09:06 AM
hoser

anyone else flying one of these? or am I the only one
The following users liked this post:
steveline9 (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 09:28 AM
steveline9

Originally Posted by hoser
anyone else flying one of these? or am I the only one
looks amazing mate, what engine do you have in it?
I have a 200 in mine and have about 20 flights on it.
doesn’t seem overpowered but is pretty scale 😀
Old 08-10-2021, 09:35 AM
hoser

i have a 220 i was told that would be to much but i think it's perfect, i fly at half throttle. since fly out off a grass field the gear can take the bumps so much better than my mirage. landing and take off are also a lot easier
Old 08-10-2021, 09:39 AM
steveline9

Think 220 would be perfect, I’m on about 2/3 throttle all flight but it is so nice to fly.
great jet.
Are you using the stock pipe?
Old 08-11-2021, 06:10 AM
hoser

stock pipe, I also re-did the canopy and got rid of the hinge and made a locking canopy with pins to the front. I forgot to lock the canopy on my 6th flight and luckily it opened on take off and the damage was relatively minor.

I also put in a new large tank above the turbine instead of in front of the ducts for a more balanced CG in flight.

I also moved the CG back 1.5"
Old 08-11-2021, 06:48 AM
steveline9

I left the canopy hinge but bolted the side. Glad it was only minor damage on yours
I find mine needs a bit more thrust so will put a 250 in it i think.

So how far is your CG back from the leading edge?
Old 08-16-2021, 11:48 AM
hoser

i think i have it at 260mm but i painted over my mark
Old 08-16-2021, 11:56 AM
steveline9

Thanks Hoser
Old 09-05-2021, 04:02 AM
Piggy18

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Fantastic looking Hawks, ive seen a few FEj jets that are still flying after almost a decade,
They are a great buy second hand as people give them away yet with a few little fixes and strengthening here and there and you have a great model!