Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Fly Eagle Jets Hawk 2.66m Build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Fly Eagle Jets Hawk 2.66m Build

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 01:25 PM
Thruster

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 08-07-2017, 05:59 PM
hoser

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

just got mine pretty happy with it, just missing a few items being air-shipped but over all well done. all formers cut very nice, the only item that does not have a great fit is the canopy which got damaged in shipping.

also looking at the stab detail picture I take it back when you blow up the image it looks like two ply-wood spars running the length of the stab with 4 bolts fastening them to the center alum bar on each side.

time to get started.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1110.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	328.2 KB
ID:	2227277   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4060-2.jpg
Views:	279
Size:	556.4 KB
ID:	2227278  
Old 08-07-2017, 06:58 PM
AndyAndrews

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Good luck with it. I'm still pretty bitter about the loss of my two Fly Eagle Jets due to factory defects. Many of us out there paid the price to put that company in business. They built that company off the backs of many of us who funded their R&D. I really do hope only the best for anyone who buys one and I pray that they don't have the same issues we did.
Old 08-07-2017, 07:43 PM
JoeJr1485

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AndyAndrews
Good luck with it. I'm still pretty bitter about the loss of my two Fly Eagle Jets due to factory defects. Many of us out there paid the price to put that company in business. They built that company off the backs of many of us who funded their R&D. I really do hope only the best for anyone who buys one and I pray that they don't have the same issues we did.

Hey Andy thanks for your response even though your self and a few others had lost their aircraft due to past issues. I started this thread to show other what I got. Don't get me wrong I had read alll the feedback from other forms and was very very nervous at getting one. So I took the plung as most other have and wasn't going to tell anyone until I got it in. I didn't want to tell anyone and once I got it in, it not be what I was expecting. I can only speak for the model that I got but the structure looks, feels, and seams to be well put together. I of course have had a few issues that I pointed out on here and each one of you guys helped me identify those and addressed those. I wish I could afford the higher end models but I currently can't. Time will also tell once I get it done and in the air which I will provide feedback on here when that happens. Thank you again for your kind words and will give you updates on mine.

Thank you

Joe
Old 08-07-2017, 09:21 PM
JoeJr1485

Originally Posted by pandissix
Joe. Ignore pylonracer. He trolls the forums always trying to pick fights. He does not own the product and has nothing of value to add. Only negative comments.

lol it's all good. I like a good laugh. Either way as I stated to Andy. I do truely hate that him and others had such bad experiences and lost their models. I'm not saying that it will not happen again. All I can provide is what I have encountered and what I received. So far it seems great. I'm and pleased with what I received. Once I get moved to Germany in a few months I'll get back at it and get thing thing in the air.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:13 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Their customer service is the same as ever too.

The so called "Nir" that was going to turn the company around just poofed when I asked him to take my brand new in a box never touched FEJ f-14 back.

Again, FEJ's are really pretty static models. Enjoy them for what they are meant for.
Old 08-08-2017, 08:26 AM
smaze17
My Feedback: (60)

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
Yep.

It's kind of sad how this works. Leaving aside the business model where the customers do the beta-testing at their own risk and they pay up-front and wait for however-long-they-string-you-along, there's worse. Every time these guys (and outfits like them) urge their new customers to come on here and try to whitewash the obvious abysmal track record, they do achieve the goal of hooking unsuspecting others to become 'new customers.' The cycle continues.... terrible ethics are rewarded, terrible (and dangerous) design/engineering deficiencies are rewarded, a 'depraved indifference' to the safety of modelers and their spectators is rewarded, etc. For me, the worst part is the ethics thing. I just can't understand why these 'new' customers really don't care how this company has behaved and treated their customers thus far. I really don't get that. They'd never board an aircraft that had a reputation for poor maintenance, unexplained crashes and the passengers themselves being blamed and smeared for having been in the crash. They'd never buy a car from a dealer if two of their neighbors got screwed by that dealer (and the dealer badmouthed the neighbors and tried to bully them into silence). They'd never go to a surgeon who'd never been to medical school, but did surgery by trial-and-error. Why why why do they keep companies like this alive by rewarding their practices and ethics and actually HELP them gain new victims? I really don't get it....

Light Grenade. "Pick Me Up."
Seems to me Shaun what you're doing is shaming guys who are currently buying these planes and basically saying that whoever buys from them today are just as bad and unscrupulous as the company itself.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:32 AM
steveline9

From what I understand this is a completely reengineered model and the only issue they had before was the very poor elevator mechanism. Wings were fine and there were no issues with flight characteristics.
Personally I also can't afford to buy from the other manufacturers but do feel for the guys who lost their jets and more so that they received poor customer service after the event.
Having said that if the product has been upgraded why should we not buy it? Could understand if the issues were not rectified. I would not buy it at all if I didn't think it was up to the job it was made for. Flyeagle can really not afford another issue with any of their products.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:51 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I was looking to see their new stuff fly at KY jets but they seem to be doing a lot of give away and not much flying of the new models. I would love to pay these prices, but until I can see the models up close and see them flying it just isn't going to work for me. I like most want more options, because while SM stuff is higher quality they are not anywhere near perfect and certainly not for the cost of them but SM has never done the things this company did to people. BVM/JL are doing it right, and while I prefer to build and add my own equipment the PNP stuff for the price is unbeatable. Heck a 1/5 scale f-16 PNP from bvm when u do the math will be much cheaper than a SM of same size, but anyway still hoping they can produce safe models for folks tell with consumer price competition. I personally think a good place for this company to start and move past all this drama is a public apology to the folks they screwed over and what they are doing for them and to prevent future such actions. Follow that up with some good solid proven testing of their models to give folks a piece of mind, but I guess that's asking too much since people are still buying their products.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:48 AM
pandissix
My Feedback: (134)

Gents. Why don't we just let Joe build his jet and not air out every complaint. Take your complaints to the FEJ heated discussion forum.

Keep this one clean so we can watch his progress and lessons learned without all the biased input.
Old 10-06-2017, 08:26 PM
steveline9

Hi guys,

My hawk has arrived and got to say it’s stunning, paint is amazing and detail is awesome.
The nose is damaged though so I contacted James who offered me a lot of monies worth of valves for the model if I could fix it myself but also the option to send it back for exchange for a new one.
I opted for the new one.
So far im finding the customer service great and the model stunning.
Just my findings ��
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A3F3AED9-44E9-41D5-BE33-08BAD06B67B4.jpeg
Views:	193
Size:	1.46 MB
ID:	2240195  
Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by steveline9
Hi guys,

My hawk has arrived and got to say it’s stunning, paint is amazing and detail is awesome.
The nose is damaged though so I contacted James who offered me a lot of monies worth of valves for the model if I could fix it myself but also the option to send it back for exchange for a new one.
I opted for the new one.
So far im finding the customer service great and the model stunning.
Just my findings ��
Congrats.

That's a good (though familiar) endorsement. Now, since they've learned and are doing well, they can go back and do right by all the people they ripped off, smeared and endangered. That would be 'stunning' for me.

Best of luck to you. I mean that sincerely.
Old 10-09-2017, 04:55 AM
steveline9

I’m not trying to endorse or condone any actions of Flyeagle I can only state my experience to date.
I suggest any grievance with the company be taken up with themselves.
I truly am sad for people who have lost a large investment with the loss of their models for whatever reason and can only imagine how that feels but this is a thread on present experience and can only state my findings.
Maybe time to speak to the company again regarding your issues!!

Cheers
Old 10-09-2017, 04:55 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Well for a change of pace, I looking forward to this build to continue.....I’m pretty sure I will own one of these in 2018....
Old 10-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Thruster

Last edited by Thruster; 10-20-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:34 PM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by smaze17
Seems to me Shaun what you're doing is shaming guys who are currently buying these planes and basically saying that whoever buys from them today are just as bad and unscrupulous as the company itself.

I suppose that's one way to look at it, Spencer. Look at it from the other angle, though: If you were thoroughly convinced through years of experience (first-hand and otherwise) that businesses (or people) who lack any baseline of ethics or scruples will do anything (including making 'deals' and 'gimmes' to people so they'll go online and use buzz-words and buzz-phrases like "stunning!" and "great so far!" and "maybe they're learned" so that a new crop of victims may be cultivated--and you knew from a lifetime of observing human nature that people like that don't usually have a 'Road to Damascus' moment late in life and are not likely to suddenly start doing their own R/D, applying good principles of engineering and manufacturing, and taking an earnest concern for the safety of our hobby and we the hobbyists..... wouldn't you feel at least a small sense of duty to help prevent those new would-be victims from falling for the shiny paint and the 'not endorsing their past behavior' ad copy? Let's face it--we're one or two public or high-visibility incidents from being regulated out of existence. These guys have the distinction of being the only outfit I'm aware of to get banned from a meet for safety concerns. They're definitely the only one I know of who systematically ripped off dozens of people, sold them shiny junk and then smeared them when they dared went public. They're the only ones who made scores of face accounts to promote their own product and now want everyone to just do a 'reset.' Shaming people? That's not my intention but these fellows know that this is a public forum AND that the people who've been smeared, ripped off and endangered are also reading these threads so maybe a tiny bit of shame in endorsing their behavior (whether they admit it or not) isn't inappropriate.
Old 10-10-2017, 03:37 PM
Pylonracr

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I suppose that's one way to look at it, Spencer. Look at it from the other angle, though: If you were thoroughly convinced through years of experience (first-hand and otherwise) that businesses (or people) who lack any baseline of ethics or scruples will do anything (including making 'deals' and 'gimmes' to people so they'll go online and use buzz-words and buzz-phrases like "stunning!" and "great so far!" and "maybe they're learned" so that a new crop of victims may be cultivated--and you knew from a lifetime of observing human nature that people like that don't usually have a 'Road to Damascus' moment late in life and are not likely to suddenly start doing their own R/D, applying good principles of engineering and manufacturing, and taking an earnest concern for the safety of our hobby and we the hobbyists..... wouldn't you feel at least a small sense of duty to help prevent those new would-be victims from falling for the shiny paint and the 'not endorsing their past behavior' ad copy? Let's face it--we're one or two public or high-visibility incidents from being regulated out of existence. These guys have the distinction of being the only outfit I'm aware of to get banned from a meet for safety concerns. They're definitely the only one I know of who systematically ripped off dozens of people, sold them shiny junk and then smeared them when they dared went public. They're the only ones who made scores of face accounts to promote their own product and now want everyone to just do a 'reset.' Shaming people? That's not my intention but these fellows know that this is a public forum AND that the people who've been smeared, ripped off and endangered are also reading these threads so maybe a tiny bit of shame in endorsing their behavior (whether they admit it or not) isn't inappropriate.

Well Said Shaun :-)
Old 10-10-2017, 06:10 PM
powerjets
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well said Shaun 2
Old 10-11-2017, 04:04 AM
steveline9

Shaun,

A couple of things about this is that’ you assume I have the knowledge of their previous behaviour towards customers and that somehow I’m endorsing it also!!
Well I can tell you I have no in depth knowledge of this as I have been out of the game so to speak for some time now but am aware that’s they had issues with some airframes.
Once again I am not endorsing anything and neither am I condoning anything as I really don’t have a clue about the facts of previous dealings with the company from disgruntled (quite rightly so it seems) customers.
So again I will say I have bought a jet which looks to be well engineered and to me is stunning As I have never owned anything like this. If the airframe fails for any reason I certainly won’t have an issue with anyone buying their product but would however warn them of the issues.
This is not the case here it seems we are being told we are endorsing poor behaviour towards customers and less than adequate airframes.
As you say it’s about a business with poor ethics and a poor product so comments about guys who have bought a new product is going where?
Again I think you really are trying to now shame the wrong people. Who hasn’t found their new pride and joy “stunning”?
People will make up their own mind about wether to buy a product or not and should not be made to feel guilty for doing so.
Simply trying to enjoy a build thread, gain valuable tips maybe and enjoy a new model.
Think that’s what this BUILD THREAD is about.

Cheers
Old 10-11-2017, 04:08 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

All you guys do is live in the past........ya you lost money and pride and your now polluting this tread...we get it you don’t like FEJ.....nice of you to let us know....many many times over, like it going to change anything.....not!
Old 10-11-2017, 05:26 AM
j.duncker
My Feedback: (2)

I am not happy with the way this thread is going. This is a BUILD THREAD.

If you have a positive contribution to make about the build then please feel free to post.

If on the other hand all you want to do is rehash the past then do not post in this thread.

My tolerance on FEJ bashing in this thread is at an end.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:07 PM
Thruster

Last edited by Thruster; 10-20-2017 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:24 PM
JoeJr1485

Alright folks I’m back! We made it to Germany and now just waiting on our stuff to arrive. Once we get our housing good get here and delivered I will start back on the build of the Hawk. Also for those that recently received there by all means add your build pics too! �� that’s why I started this thread. I am looking forward to getting back to it!
Old 10-20-2017, 12:27 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Likely, the thread went the way the airplane is likely going to go as well too.

There is alot of info (like really good, thoughtful and composed info) on FEJ. Even on FEJ hawks! Ask the CD of kentucky jets about his FEJ hawk.

Asking, commenting about current FEJ build practices and current customer service isn't bashing. Steveline9 put his two cents on customer service in this thread and in post #131, I put in my recent, updated, FEJ customer service experience.

We are all stewards of this hobby and we really dislike it when it gets threatened.

As John F Kennedy quoted Edmund Burke: All evil needs to prevail, is for good people to do nothing.

To not speak up is a bigger problem than even FEJ is.

If this is the first FEJ airplane to not have problems, then that's really great for the OP.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:32 PM
Thruster

Last edited by Thruster; 10-20-2017 at 01:15 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.