Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

*** CG Wizard *** by Digitech

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

*** CG Wizard *** by Digitech

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:21 PM
ScaleCrazy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just have to say excellent customer service Aeropanda. I had purchased one of the original CG Wizards which had a misalignment on the laser I sat on the laser for a while before contacting sander or Aeropanda even though time had passed the product I bought was covered 100% I sent my wizard to Danny and within two days it has been repaired and sent back you can't ask for better service thank you
Old 01-05-2018, 02:02 AM
BlueBus320
My Feedback: (57)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I just wanted my weight, can I just sit my plane on the pucks & read the weight off of the app? Does the app work with iPhone?
thanks, Jay
Old 01-05-2018, 03:08 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Absolutely Jay, screen shot from my Iphone.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	A4189953-431D-471F-8DA1-B4CB36C6F52B.png
Views:	47
Size:	68.7 KB
ID:	2249979  

Last edited by Bob_B; 01-05-2018 at 03:14 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 03:54 AM
BlueBus320

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Absolutely Jay, screen shot from my Iphone.
thanks Bob
Old 01-14-2018, 10:19 AM
BlueBus320

So what happened? I just went to order & Aeropanda says Cg Wizard 2.0 is "discontinued". Am I missing something?
Jay
Old 01-14-2018, 10:59 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBus320
So what happened? I just went to order & Aeropanda says Cg Wizard 2.0 is "discontinued". Am I missing something?
Jay

yes/no :-)

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...es-%2A%2A.html

https://www.aeropanda.com/collection...wizard-3-0-pro
Old 01-14-2018, 11:12 AM
BlueBus320

thanks for the quick reply! So is this a pre-order? When will I receive it?
thanks, Jay
Old 01-14-2018, 11:14 AM
digitech

thanks, Jay

cant check his pre orders, but i am shipping units on monday to Aeropanda.
with case and without case.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:17 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

thanks, Jay
Pre order and as you can see from Sandor’s post it will not be too long til we ship to you
Old 01-14-2018, 11:18 AM
BlueBus320

I guess I will try to call there now. I thought it came with an included case, does it not? I definitely want a case.
Thanks, Jay
Old 01-14-2018, 11:29 AM
digitech

I guess I will try to call there now. I thought it came with an included case, does it not? I definitely want a case.
Thanks, Jay

Hi Jay the cases are optional .

br Sandor
Old 01-14-2018, 11:50 AM
BlueBus320

Thanks for the lightning fast responses guys. My order has been placed.
Jay
Old 01-03-2019, 04:41 AM
Edgar Perez
My Feedback: (13)

Received 20 Likes on 10 Posts

Hello,
Just got one of the Pro version.
Reading this thread I noticed that the photos posted mostly have the front sensor placed so that the USB cable connecting it is oriented to the nose of the plane (matching the mains sensors orientation). However the manual shows the front sensor oriented so that the USB cable is oriented toward the back of the plane.
Which one is the correct orientation, or does it not matter?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2019, 04:43 AM
horsefeetky

does not matter as long as you have enough cable to reach the ecu unit in middle of plane

the sensor has same distance to pad in either direction so all is well enjoy. this is the only way to balance a large plane well
Old 09-11-2019, 06:04 AM
Mpizpilot
My Feedback: (45)

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

I had this unit, nothing but problems. Was sent back due to a bad battery which was supposedly causing issues with connections to the app. Received it back and was still having issues, it either wouldn't connect or if it did, would not stay connected. Sometimes it would connect but freeze up. This was tried with 4 separate devices, 3 apple and 1 android. Same problem time and time again. Not worth the trouble. Chucked it in the trash.
Old 09-11-2019, 06:17 AM
digitech

[QUOTE=Mpizpilot;12549525]
I had this unit, nothing but problems. Was sent back due to a bad battery which was supposedly causing issues with connections to the app. Received it back and was still having issues, it either wouldn't connect or if it did, would not stay connected. Sometimes it would connect but freeze up. This was tried with 4 separate devices, 3 apple and 1 android. Same problem time and time again. Not worth the trouble. Chucked it in the bin.

sorry to hear this.
I have not heard about this case.
Otherwise we would have swapped it for a new one.
the problems you encountered we never had issues with.
exept if you dont close the app the device wont shut doen.
as for android location needs to be on.
next time dont bin it , contact me and i will sort it out.
br Sandor Kruise
Old 08-25-2021, 10:31 AM
Ken LaPointe
My Feedback: (4)

Default CG wizard NG app is not working correctly

I don’t think the CG wizard NG app is working correctly

The App is telling me I have an extremely nose heavy plane, yet the mechanical balance machine says its near perfect.

I also put the weight and measurement data from the app into a spreadsheet and the numbers came out very close to the desired CG and match what the mechanical balance machine says.

However the CG APP has the CG off by 40 mm

Data

Sensor spacing 410mm

CG distance is 100mm

Front shows 478g

Left 1.53 kg

Right 1.41 kg

The App shows the CG at 142mm , while the spreadsheet and machinal system both show a CG of 100mm. Somethings not right with the APP

Its also unclear what the number at the bottom left side means, mine says 700mm , but I have no idea where the number comes from.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:12 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Ken LaPointe
I don’t think the CG wizard NG app is working correctly

The App is telling me I have an extremely nose heavy plane, yet the mechanical balance machine says its near perfect.

I also put the weight and measurement data from the app into a spreadsheet and the numbers came out very close to the desired CG and match what the mechanical balance machine says.

However the CG APP has the CG off by 40 mm

Data

Sensor spacing 410mm

CG distance is 100mm

Front shows 478g

Left 1.53 kg

Right 1.41 kg

The App shows the CG at 142mm , while the spreadsheet and machinal system both show a CG of 100mm. Somethings not right with the APP

Its also unclear what the number at the bottom left side means, mine says 700mm , but I have no idea where the number comes from.
Is this with the latest wireless one ?

Old 08-25-2021, 12:24 PM
daniel-arg

My apologies.
Indeed, there is a bug on the Android software. The correction is being implemented and will be online in a few hours.

Should you have any questions, please let me know
Old 08-26-2021, 01:26 AM
drfred58809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Daniel,

are you sure that it’s only on the Android Version ? I‘m trying to Set the CG of my Avanti and had some doubts with the values of the CG Wizard - when I use that calculation ( https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/inf...ane-cofg-calc/ ) I find a tail heavy plane when the CG Wizard tells me to remove weight from the Front….

I also miss the tare function with both IPAD and IPHONE, additionally the german version still asks for the manufactureres CG which is misleading as this should be the gap between laser CG and end of main gear…..

Thank you

markus
Old 08-26-2021, 07:39 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

It’d be awesome if you could get one of these with higher capacity scales. Ive got one airplane that has 30~ lbs on the nose wheel alone and another with 55-60lbs on each main.
Old 08-26-2021, 08:35 AM
Ken LaPointe
My Feedback: (4)

The newest version of the software now crashes as soon as it connects. Tried 2 different devices
I sent an e-mail to Daniel about it

Old 08-26-2021, 08:47 AM
daniel-arg

Hello: Please be sure that you are running version 2.02
You can check that on the "Settings" tab

Originally Posted by Ken LaPointe
The newest version of the software now crashes as soon as it connects. Tried 2 different devices
I sent an e-mail to Daniel about it
Old 08-26-2021, 09:14 AM
daniel-arg

Originally Posted by drfred58809
Dear Daniel,

are you sure that it’s only on the Android Version ? I‘m trying to Set the CG of my Avanti and had some doubts with the values of the CG Wizard - when I use that calculation ( https://www.radiocontrolinfo.com/inf...ane-cofg-calc/ ) I find a tail heavy plane when the CG Wizard tells me to remove weight from the Front….

I also miss the tare function with both IPAD and IPHONE, additionally the german version still asks for the manufactureres CG which is misleading as this should be the gap between laser CG and end of main gear…..

Thank you

markus
Hello Markus:

Thanks for your comments:

Let's do some examples. I crated a model on the app, where the gap between sensors is 1500mm, then I entered the suggested CG at 544mm.
then, I put 300gr on each sensor.
Here are 2 screenshots (one made on an iPhone, one on an Android), as you may see, both shows the CG at the same position (a few millimeters difference because the small variations on the weights).
If I enter the same data on the site that you pointed out, I get the following results
  • Total All up weight (AUW) 900 grams
  • Distance between required CofG and Actual CofG: 0 mm Behind Center of Gravity.
  • Distance CofG is from the main landing gear: 500 mm away
  • Nose Weight to add to achieve correct CofG: 0 grams
The difference between the 500mm calculated by the web application and the 544mm calculated by the CGWizard is due to the fact that the application measures the distance from the line passing thru just under the point of contact of the main wheels
However, CGWizard calculates this distance from the rear end of the sensors. Given that the sensor is 88mm length, you must add half this distance 44mm.

Hope it is clear.

Regarding the tare function, it appears when you press and hold any of the icons representing the balances. Now you can tare all the balances at the same time, or each one individually.

Finally, about the translations to german, and since I don't speak it, any suggestions to replace the current text is welcome!

Cheers

Old 08-26-2021, 09:58 AM
drfred58809

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Daniel,

thank your for the swift reply - I did enter the distance between axle main vs. axle front (as I indeed thought about that potential error).

Maybe my mistake is somewhere else....lets just confirm that I get it right:

"Sensor Abstand" - here I enter the distance between end of the scales at main gear to end of scale front gear, correct ?

"Modellgewicht" - is this the supposed weight or shall we enter the weight which is measured by the scales (that might be my mistake...) If that is the case, I would probably call it "gemessenes Modellgewicht" (measures model weight)

"Hersteller SP"- the most misleading thing in german means in theory "Manufacturers CG" - I guess that is wrong. In the old app, you had to enter the distance Laser Pointer on CG to end of main gear scales.
If my understanding is correct, I would call that "Abstand markierter SP - Hinterkante Waagen" (= distance marked CG - rear end of scales) .
I really like the device but the latest SW version has created more doubts for me than anything before (as you can imagine I use the device maybe once a year as I'm not a collector of models) which troubles me so much that I didn't dare to go for my Avanti maiden flight today :-)

Thanks for solving the TARE mystery....I saw a screenshot where you could see a TARE button next to LASER ON/OFF.....it's not enough self-explaining for me :-)))))

Thank you in advance & BR

Markus

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.