Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Aircraft grade Finnish plywood offer.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Aircraft grade Finnish plywood offer.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2017, 05:42 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Aircraft grade Finnish plywood offer.

Dear all.

As part of our effort to offer the very best quality materials to the market, I would like to introduce you to our latest product. The aircraft grade Finnish birch plywood that we use in our kits.

This plywood is my to my specifications, directly imported by us and of the highest grade available in the USA. It far outperforms any hobby grade products and was initially developed to provide aircraft manufacturers with the highest quality plywood for the most demanding applications.

It is made in Finland to the highest quality standards, using 100% Finnish birch.

Each veneer sheet is optically scanned for completely default free aspect and is glued with a European sourced class 3 exterior bond and super high loads in calibrated presses.

The result is a material offering the highest possible strength and resistance to shocks to bending ratio.

Our aircraft grade plywood comes with a certificate of compliance to EN 13986:2004+A1 standards.

It is offered in AB/ AB quality ( the highest possible surface quality ) with a high number of plies and tight dimensional tolerance.

We distribute it in 2 plate sizes:

40 cm x 60 cm ( 15.75" x 23.62" )

30 cm x 40 cm ( 11.81" x 15.75" )

and the following thicknesses:

2 mm ( 0.079" , ca 5/64") featuring 4 plies

3 mm (0.118" , ca 1/8" ) featuring 6 plies

4 mm ( 0.157" , ca 5/32" ) featuring8 plies

5 mm ( 0.197" , ca 3/16" ) featuring10 plies

It is available on our web site at the following address:

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/products/aircraft-grade-finnish-birch-plywood

I hope that this material will fulfill the needs of the most demanding builders and offer a good solution for repairs and upgrade from low quality Chinese plywood.

We can offer CNC cutting services from this material or carbon fiber plates, carbon/ Airex plates on demand. Our CNC routers can process sheets of up to 42” by 42”.

Last edited by olnico; 05-10-2017 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I can vouch for the material, but I am a bit biased. �� nevertheless, almost as strong as carbon fiber and much easier and safer to work with.
Old 05-10-2017, 06:51 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi Oli, this is great. Lately everything I have bought from the market has been junk. One section was okay and the rest with so many defects that it was not usable.

looking forward to get some.

Behzad
Old 05-10-2017, 11:35 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by Ceeray
I can vouch for the material, but I am a bit biased. �� nevertheless, almost as strong as carbon fiber and much easier and safer to work with.
Lol. Biased, of course...

This plywood is much more resilient to shocks than carbon fibers, for sure. Stiffness is a bit lower but not by much.
I have not checked density comparatively but a plain sheet of plywood must not be much heavier than carbon fiber.
It could actually be an interesting idea to make a comparative table with proper testing.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:36 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Hi Oli, this is great. Lately everything I have bought from the market has been junk. One section was okay and the rest with so many defects that it was not usable.

Behzad
You will like it, Behzad. The quality of this plywood is the absolute best.
Consistency in the product is 100%.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:11 AM
olnico

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ

Behzad
Also, just to emphasize this side of our operations, every plate purchased is traceable.
It comes with a stamp, certificate of conformity to EN standards and origin, including batch number.
Just like we proceed with our CG machines...
Old 02-19-2018, 07:34 AM
olnico

For information, we just received another batch of aircraft grade Finnish birch plywood.
With our production line going at max capacity now, we are getting a regular upply of this product.

The plates are 100% traceable, from renewable birch forest and manufactured to the highest quality available anywhere in the World.
Each plate comes stamped with the batch number and certificate of origin and compliance.

We use this plywood in all our builds, except the Sr-71/ A-12 which is full carbon fiber...
Old 02-19-2018, 02:12 PM
melvin
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time I need some light ply i'm going to order it from you guys! Thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 02:48 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by melvin
Next time I need some light ply i'm going to order it from you guys! Thanks
Old 02-19-2018, 04:44 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Oli,

How compatible is this plywood with laser cutting?

I've had variable success with cutting 1/8 ply on 2 different laser cutters; an Epilog Zing 50W and a Ten-High 4060 50W.

National Balsa 1/8" 6-ply just doesn't seem to work with either cutter - It gets halfway through then chars significantly. I suspect its the glue that is causing the issue.
Balsa USA 1/8" 5-ply - seems to cut in a single pass on the Epilog without significant charring, but needs at least 4 passes with the Ten-High but with some moderate charring. A single pass with the Ten-High needs full power and a slow speed which burns the wood badly.

Still looking for the best 1/8" 5-ply to laser cut.

Paul
Old 02-20-2018, 12:02 PM
olnico

Originally Posted by JSF-TC
Oli,

How compatible is this plywood with laser cutting?

I've had variable success with cutting 1/8 ply on 2 different laser cutters; an Epilog Zing 50W and a Ten-High 4060 50W.

National Balsa 1/8" 6-ply just doesn't seem to work with either cutter - It gets halfway through then chars significantly. I suspect its the glue that is causing the issue.
Balsa USA 1/8" 5-ply - seems to cut in a single pass on the Epilog without significant charring, but needs at least 4 passes with the Ten-High but with some moderate charring. A single pass with the Ten-High needs full power and a slow speed which burns the wood badly.

Still looking for the best 1/8" 5-ply to laser cut.

Paul
I don't know. I do not use laser cutting machines at all. All my materials are cut with milling machines.
However I can send you some scraps to test it out.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:18 PM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

Oli,

Thanks - PM sent.

Paul
Old 02-20-2018, 10:51 PM
jjantti

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I know Finnish high grade plywood is just fine with tripled Nd-YAG laser but can't comment how it works on IR and CO2.
That 455nm laser I used may not be the cheapest choice for hobby use tough...

/Jyri