Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Hitec 7955 caused jet crash

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Hitec 7955 caused jet crash

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 04:07 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DelGatoGrande
I beg to differ;

"I am a Service Representative for Hitec RCD USA, Inc. and we have extensively tested the HS-7955TG servo at direct 2S LiPo voltages and have found that it works absolutely beautiful. You should have no issues running all the way up to 8.4v (full charged 2S LiPo), the only thing is you may notice the Minimal Load Jitter that some of our 7XXX series servos will show, though this is a non issue- once you take to the air and there is air pressure on the control surface, the jitter will go away entirely.

I run HS-7955TG's on the ailerons and elevators of my personal 35% Pilot Yak 54 on unregulated 2S Fromeco LiIon (8.4v fully charged). I fly this aircraft numerous times every weekend and the servos are several years old, not once have they given me any sort of issue. You will be perfectly fine running them on HV.

Quote:Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 Name:  viewpost.gif
Views: 703
Size:  968 Bytes
Hitec has said they are fine on HV... They also have the same motor as the 7954 which were released after the 7955s just different gear material. 7954s are HV.
The electronics inside of the 7955 are slightly different than the 7954. They both make similar torque and speed, but not exactly the same inside.Name:  icon-status-online.png
Views: 685
Size:  813 Bytes Name:  icon-pm.png
Views: 677
Size:  479 Bytes Name:  icon-search.png
Views: 676
Size:  388 Bytes
https://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/...postcount=1800
Attached Images  
Old 05-15-2017, 05:34 PM
rjpmodel
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I have been running HS-7955TG's in my jets on A123's for years with no problems. I quit using 8411's after I had at least 3 quit on me. I have been told by Hitec on several occasions that they are really HV servos but they do not advertise them as such.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:01 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

remove the servo, check its travek on a servo tester, look for offsets in motion.
then take it apart and examine whats going on - spline, gears, servo horns etc.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:10 AM
flyinfool1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

One has to wonder, Hitec will tell you that they are fine on 8.4V but will not put it in writing in their advertising or specs.
Does that mean it is marginal at 8.4V?
Or at least one component in there that is not rated for 8.4V?
Or does 8.4V just leave zero safety margin?
You would think that if they truly were 8.4V capable it would be stated in the specs since that would be a selling point.

I am just asking the questions that this thread has raised in my mind since there is contradicting information.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:50 AM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

One would think Hitec would at least change the spec sheet if they are rated for higher voltages .......a service rep is not an electronics repair Eng - big difference in knowledge
Old 05-29-2017, 11:42 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by scoeroo
One would think Hitec would at least change the spec sheet if they are rated for higher voltages .......a service rep is not an electronics repair Eng - big difference in knowledge
putting my developer hat on.....No, they want you to buy their dedicated HV servo line for HV applications, though their non HV line also worka fine.