Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Top Gun specials for our SR-71.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Top Gun specials for our SR-71.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:57 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Top Gun specials for our SR-71.

Congratulation to Lance Campbell for ranking second in Experts class at Top Gun 2017 and getting the "Critics Choice" and "engineering" awards.
To celebrate this achievement, we are offering a 10 % discount on the SR-71 kit and ultra scale landing gear bundle till the end of May.

https://www.ultimate-jets.net/collec...ation-specials

Old 05-19-2017, 02:37 PM
RickBoyer
My Feedback: (37)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again, congratulations Lance on your exceptional build and perfect flights at Top Gun! It was great flying on the same flight line two positions down from you and also sitting with you guys at our table for the Saturday night banquet. I knew you'd take home the gold!!

And good luck to Ultimate Jets with their fine kit of Lance's exceptional Lockheed SR-71!!

hope to see you again next year.
Old 05-19-2017, 04:43 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

So I'm curious, are you guys using Lances design/molding? How are his and future models the same/different?
Old 05-20-2017, 10:23 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
So I'm curious, are you guys using Lances design/molding? How are his and future models the same/different?
Yes. We use Lance's design/ molds.
The model shape/ aerodynamics are exactly the same ( good news, as Lance scored 99.125 on static ! )
The difference is that we build the plane with 10 oz ultra high modulus Torayca UD carbon fiber and MIL spec super low density thermo-formed PEI foam.
Internals are full UHM carbon fiber/ airex. The plane is post cured in two steps to fuse the glue joints at mold closing.
These are aerospace materials and techniques that have never been used in the hobby before. Not even on the very best JWM models.
As a result, the plane is about 40% lighter than Lance's.

We had an empty nose on demo at Top Gun. The people who passed by our booth know what I am talking about...
However, we also have reinforced version for the customers who wish to install big block engines in the plane. We are making a reinforced one at the moment for Shaun/ Ultimate Jets West Coast.

Also all the ultra scale details that Lance used on his competition model were designed and laser 3D printed by me ( Gear covers, 48 grills, pitot tube... ). They are available as ultra scale options.
Old 05-20-2017, 12:30 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Oops missed the weight reducing comments disregard.
Old 05-20-2017, 05:09 PM
gooseF22

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some of you guys know my military background..
IMHO, Lance's SR is the finest model I have ever seen in my lifetime. I am in simple AWE of it every time I see it. Congratulations Lance.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:57 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Lance's SR-71 is simply badass.. Oli's kit of it should be incredible.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:31 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish I had the runway for this.
Old 05-22-2017, 03:52 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Is the price including the landing gear or all the needed stuff it's extra ? What will be the price for the model as a arf ? So with the fuel tanks pipes and retract set thanks.