Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM F-100 d vs BVM F-100 f

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM F-100 d vs BVM F-100 f

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 01:18 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BVM F-100 d vs BVM F-100 f

It is pretty much an accepted fact that the BVM F-80 flys noticeably better than the BVM T-33. When I say better I am talking about ease of landings where the F-80 is the clear winner. I have not flown the F-80 but I do have some T-33 time and it can be a little bit unpredictable at times. I am told (by BV himself that the F-80 is the more stable and more predictable plane for landings). The T-33 is essentially slightly stretched fuselage F-80 or the F-80 is a slightly shorter fuse T-33 with the T-33 being a two seater and the F-80 a single seat. There may be more differances than just the nose length that I am not aware of but they are for the most part the same airplane with a longer or shorter nose. There are some tricks and modifications that greatly improve the T-33 landings which are well known and accepted.

What I am wondering about it there anybody out there that knows or has flight time on both the F-100 d single seat and the F-100f two seat and which one flys or lands better/easier or is there little or no difference? I have always thought the F model was the better looking of the two but not enough so that I would favor it if the d model flew or landed better.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:55 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I have flown them both and they are both excellent flyers. I flew the D on a 120 and the F on AMT Olympus. You have to be careful as the plane is capable of flying very fast so throttle management is key or you could find yourself going like a bat out of you know what. They both are predictable in landing but are not gliders by any means. Power through the entire landing approach is required but very steady landing for both planes. You can not make a bad choice here. Good luck!!! And enjoy!!!
Old 06-19-2017, 06:50 PM
txshan130
My Feedback: (114)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Currently fly an F-100D, but I've seen the F-100F fly and they look very identical. Very predictable landings even in a stiff crosswind. Don't think you could go wrong either way.