RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T1 Models Euro Fighter build

Old 06-29-2018, 08:32 AM
mmflytie
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Todd,
We have a geotex runway as well and I can tell you that if the ground underneath is not hard packed solid, it make a huge difference in the way the plane rotates as well as landing.
We put 350 ft in and then a year later added another 200 ft. The ground below the newer section had no clay and to this day is still softer. I have a much harder time rotating starting from that end than the older end. On landings Its almost impossible to land in the newer section, the drag has put undue stress on my landing gears so I can only fly if I have headwinds that allow touching down in the old section , then rollout. Bet you'd have no problem on pavement.
Beautiful jet!
Marc
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Signofinfinity

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Any updates?

I was under quite some pressure at work, and my flying on RC had to go on the back burner...

Things are finally easing out a bit.... So can't wait to dig into my Euro build.

Any new vids of the Euros?

George
Old 11-08-2018, 12:58 PM
Hot Rod Todd
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was having thrust issues. Actual thrust with a scale measured only 25 lbs on an 82 degree day. (Cheetah SE rated at 36 lbs). I had some issues with my turbine control module. Got that fixed. Also decided to switch to a single pipe to maximize what I have.. Now I'm showing about 32 lbs on a hot day, so I think it's about what it should be. Never got to fly it though, one of the brake seals started leaking. There have been some issues with the brakes from the start. Dirk is working on getting me some new brake parts from the factory, haven't seen them yet though. Looking forward to getting it flying next spring with better thrust (and hopefully working brakes).

Notice the hatch likes to open on landing. I added some stronger magnets that should have solved the issue.