Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:34 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c_makhija
Any idea what's the capacity of the fuel tank?

thanks Chatty
Little more then 1.2 liter more them enough
Old 09-19-2017, 07:39 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks Sandor.

Chatty
Old 09-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Quandry
Looks good but IMO a little underpowered with the K45. Took a while to take off even on that hard surface runway.
GREAT news guys! I was at Jetpower on the weekend and got to see Rebel Hot up close and flying. It's got very impressive performance even with just a K45G. I was shocked considering the size.

Talking to Luca he explained to me that the model is composed of a new high quality sandwhich composite technology that makes it very light but still very strong. I was sceptical but upon lifting it and trying out some "fueslage pushes" it confirmed to be suprisingly strong yet light. The other thing I found very interesting was the Electron 30 size retract set, this is a new size for Electron but yet seems to be very high quality, strong, and light. Overall this little jet is a winner as presented, the challenge is to build it equally as light because the flight performance is excellent.

I ordered a Yellow Rebel Hot and production kit delivery starts (estimated) early November. There was A LOT of interest at the show and a couple of my friends ordered them too based on the look over at the stand and the excellent demo flight by Max and the other Pirotti demo team members.

Great job Mauro! Now enjoy some pictures...

Old 09-19-2017, 11:40 AM
Quandry

Old 09-19-2017, 11:42 AM
Quandry

Old 09-19-2017, 11:44 AM
Quandry

Old 09-19-2017, 11:46 AM
Quandry

Old 09-19-2017, 10:31 PM
Midas D.

Very nice shots Geoff !!
Old 09-25-2017, 09:23 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Is EliteAerosports still in business? I've sent emails and never got a response back.
I think a Kingtech K70 (same size as the K45) would be a better option for grass field operation.
I think this is the best 'small size' sport jet option yet. Just have to figure out who I can buy it from.
Old 09-25-2017, 03:35 PM
Len

Originally Posted by ltc
Is EliteAerosports still in business? I've sent emails and never got a response back.
I think a Kingtech K70 (same size as the K45) would be a better option for grass field operation.
I think this is the best 'small size' sport jet option yet. Just have to figure out who I can buy it from.
I had an email in to Pablo at Elite Aerosports and it was never answered, but given the Irma thing and then Jet Power, that is understandable. I can see why Elite is not working at the Rebel, since it likely competes with the smaller Havoc they are supposedly releasing soon. I did get a very prompt answer from Scott Marr though when I emailed him, as he is also on the contact list for Elite reps. In the end after Scott did the front end leg work, I was directed to Pirotti Models since the logistics to Canada became a bit awkward. I am now in the midst of a wire transfer and becoming “on the list” for the November production, as I understand it. Mauro Pirotti is a true gentleman and answers everything as soon as he is able, with good information and prompt logistics. While shipping may be atrocious from Europe, the pricing being relatively low as compared to most NA retailers for like sized and equipped aircraft, quite offsets the large shipping prices. Having had excellent results from Seba at SebArt doing business this way, I am inclined to do so with Pirotti as well. I realize it is a risk, albeit small in my opinion, but I believe Pirotti Models is a good company with which to do business.

As far as grass field ops are concerned, I think Geoff Grice posed it quite well when he was surprised at how well the plane did on a K-45 at Jet Power last weekend. Apparently the composite structure of the Rebel is lighter than the others in the marketplace and since I operate from asphalt I will be using a K-45...if its underpowered a K-70 is a drop in replacement though given they are the same size case, and since I own a K-45 already which is looking for a home, my options are moot at the outset!

Len
Old 09-25-2017, 04:08 PM
ltc

Thank you.
I had tried contacting Elite many months ago, well before the hurricanes...no responses.

I believe the JetCentral Bee SE (8kg thrust) is about the same size and weight as the K45G2, I was wondering if that would work for grass field operation (perhaps throttle limited, as I don't know if the thrust tube is OK for higher thrust levels)
Although Grumania would probably make a new tube if needed.

I have no issue with wire transfer...just need to know how to order this plane
Old 09-25-2017, 04:59 PM
Len

I’m not sure if the pipe will hold 18 Lbs. of thrust... best to ask Mauro. Email him at Pirotti Models and ask before you order the plane. He has two pipes one is steel and one is titanium, both with aluminum outer pipes I think.
Len
Old 09-25-2017, 05:07 PM
ltc

Originally Posted by Len
I’m not sure if the pipe will hold 18 Lbs. of thrust... best to ask Mauro. Email him at Pirotti Models and ask before you order the plane. He has two pipes one is steel and one is titanium, both with aluminum outer pipes I think.
Len
Sorry to bother you, but do you have an email address?
I tried the website for Pirotti, but it is down for maintenance?
Old 09-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Len

Originally Posted by ltc
Sorry to bother you, but do you have an email address?
I tried the website for Pirotti, but it is down for maintenance?
PM’ed you...
Old 09-27-2017, 07:46 AM
Quandry

Guys I believe the Pirotti website is offline at the moment. I know Mauro does a lot of his communicating through Facebook Messenger. Thats the best way to reach him I think. If you don't use messenger and want his email address then send me a pm and I will send it to you. I don't want to post it on here because spam bots and hackers tend to trawl these sites looking for email addresses to annoy...
Old 09-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Quandry
Guys I believe the Pirotti website is offline at the moment. I know Mauro does a lot of his communicating through Facebook Messenger. Thats the best way to reach him I think. If you don't use messenger and want his email address then send me a pm and I will send it to you. I don't want to post it on here because spam bots and hackers tend to trawl these sites looking for email addresses to annoy...
Yes, I messaged Mauro and he got right back to me.
Old 09-27-2017, 01:15 PM
ltc

I emailed Mauro (thank you again Len) and he responded within a day, answering my questions and then sending a pro-forma invoice.

The only item I can't decide on is K45G2 vs K70G2
AFAIK, same size/weight, essentially same price, so why does KT even offer a choice?
I must be missing something, perhaps idle thrust (I don't see it listed on the KT website)? Perhaps reliability due to higher temps in the K70?

I know the plane does not need more than 6kg (the YT video shows 6 very nice flying minutes with a K45)
I fly off a 600' grass runway so maybe the extra thrust from a K70 (perhaps throttle limited to 6kg) would be nice on takeoff
However Mauro told me they fly off grass with a K45 with no issues

What an I missing on this?
Im inclined to go with the K45 as Mauro suggests, as he must know the plane better than anyonr

Thanks
Old 09-27-2017, 01:21 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
I emailed Mauro (thank you again Len) and he responded within a day, answering my questions and then sending a pro-forma invoice.

The only item I can't decide on is K45G2 vs K70G2
AFAIK, same size/weight, essentially same price, so why does KT even offer a choice?
I must be missing something, perhaps idle thrust (I don't see it listed on the KT website)? Perhaps reliability due to higher temps in the K70?

I know the plane does not need more than 6kg (the YT video shows 6 very nice flying minutes with a K45)
I fly off a 600' grass runway so maybe the extra thrust from a K70 (perhaps throttle limited to 6kg) would be nice on takeoff
However Mauro told me they fly off grass with a K45 with no issues

What an I missing on this?
Im inclined to go with the K45 as Mauro suggests, as he must know the plane better than anyonr

Thanks
A friend of mine is doing some testing now. Measured idle thrust is identical or maybe slightly less than their k45's. I didn't get the fuel burn at full throttle but they checked and the fuel burn at 10lbs thrust is less on the 70 than the k45 at the same thrust. Between my friends and I we have something like 10 k45's. From this point forward I would not even consider the 45. K70 all the way assuming the reliability remains the same as the K45.
Old 09-27-2017, 03:03 PM
Len

For myself, I am going to use the NIB K-45 that I already own. I was going to buy a K-70, but Geoff’s (Quandry on RCU) assessment at JP was promising and I do fly mostly from asphalt. I can always buy a K-70 later as it would be a near ‘drop-in’ for the K-45...
Len
Old 09-27-2017, 09:04 PM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I love how heavy duty the Landing gear look... electron I think.. wonder if they will fit Jocker and Mini T1 jets.

Just because that's why lol. (No offence to those who love JP gear) cheers
Old 09-28-2017, 03:27 AM
ltc

Originally Posted by Len
For myself, I am going to use the NIB K-45 that I already own. I was going to buy a K-70, but Geoff’s (Quandry on RCU) assessment at JP was promising and I do fly mostly from asphalt. I can always buy a K-70 later as it would be a near ‘drop-in’ for the K-45...
Len
Mauro recommended the K45 and stated that he flies the K45 off grass fields.
I just need to figure out how to do an international wire transfer ... never did that before; need to drive down to my local credit union and get some help.
Next spring can't come soon enough ! Cant' wait to see the plane (orange)
Old 09-28-2017, 05:26 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Mauro recommended the K45 and stated that he flies the K45 off grass fields.
I just need to figure out how to do an international wire transfer ... never did that before; need to drive down to my local credit union and get some help.
Next spring can't come soon enough ! Cant' wait to see the plane (orange)
If buying a new engine get the K70!!! They come with a feature that alters thrust down to virtually nothing just by moving your thumb(!) haha.... I se no point in the K45 unless you got one at home already.

I'm looking at this airframe, comparing it to the ZN-line Wizard S for my Kolibri T50 setup. It does a true 54N installed and AUW approx 1kg lighter then with K45/K70. (As reference My Super Viper is 4kg + fuel) we'll see which one I end up flying...
Old 09-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Bob_B

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
If buying a new engine get the K70!!! They come with a feature that alters thrust down to virtually nothing just by moving your thumb(!) haha.... I se no point in the K45 unless you got one at home already.

I'm looking at this airframe, comparing it to the ZN-line Wizard S for my Kolibri T50 setup. It does a true 54N installed and AUW approx 1kg lighter then with K45/K70. (As reference My Super Viper is 4kg + fuel) we'll see which one I end up flying...
Henke,
I can only wish we get the Kolbri here in the states from a dealer.
Old 09-28-2017, 06:26 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

we Fly both Mauro,s demo models we bought at Jetpower this year.
one has a K-70 the other a K-45.
both fly extremely good , as for gras operation i would suggest the K-70.
Fuel consumption is almost the same on both.
as for the Kolibri engines , it is lighter yes , but not needed the Rebel flyes well with the Kingtech.
the service from Kingtech is outstanding.
the Kolbris are nice , but once you have a issue your flying season is over.

if anyone needs the recomended throws , CG and Crow setup let me know will post them here.
we flew about 3 hours last week , and it toulk us a lot of flights to find the sweet spot with the CG and Throws and Differential.
now its flys like its on rails...
Old 09-28-2017, 06:57 AM
Bob_B

Please post the throws and cg.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.