Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2017, 07:50 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
but not needed the Rebel flyes well with the Kingtech.
the service from Kingtech is outstanding.
For sure! I'm looking at the K70 or M70 too which ever is available here when I need one. But K45 I don't understand why you would get today when the 70 is there. I'm probably buying and engine in spring time, then we see how the K70 turns out, what Gaspar comes up with and I will weigh that against another Kolibri.... which also evolves, maybe 60N then hihi. We'll see.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:50 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Throws :

Ailerons Flight/landing Primary 10mm up and down / (Differential 78% on down) 45% expo
Elevator Flight 13mm up 13mm down /landing 15mm up and down 45% Expo in flight 25% in landing
Rudder 25mm
Crow Flaps 70MM / Ailerons 5mm up / Elevator 3mm down mixed.
CG for start just after the wingtube / max is 20mm from center of the tube backwards!.(100ml fuel in tank)
or if you have a CG Wizard its 68mm.
Visual inspection : the Rebel hot would stay on its tail if you push the tail down (tank 10% fuel remained) if you lift it about 20mm it will fall back on the front.

Radio we used : DS-16 receiver REX-12
extra,s
Cortex pro
Digitech TTU (Telemetric)
2 x Lipo 1800 2S for radio
1 x 3S Life 1800 for turbine

Turbine Kingtech K-70
Total weight with this setup 5.7 Kilo (painted outside the mould)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2802.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	1.79 MB
ID:	2234180   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2803.jpg
Views:	659
Size:	4.25 MB
ID:	2234181   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2804.jpg
Views:	661
Size:	3.79 MB
ID:	2234182   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2805.jpg
Views:	725
Size:	2.09 MB
ID:	2234183   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2806.jpg
Views:	727
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	2234184   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2808.jpg
Views:	832
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	2234185   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2809.jpg
Views:	2151
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2234186   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2807.jpg
Views:	801
Size:	1.87 MB
ID:	2234187  

Last edited by digitech; 09-30-2017 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Sandor tell me about the CG Wizard display! Is this a new release?
Old 09-28-2017, 09:25 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Bob_B
Sandor tell me about the CG Wizard display! Is this a new release?
no this is the standard inside android
Old 09-28-2017, 12:07 PM
Didier

Received 50 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
If buying a new engine get the K70!!! They come with a feature that alters thrust down to virtually nothing just by moving your thumb(!) haha.... I se no point in the K45 unless you got one at home already.

I'm looking at this airframe, comparing it to the ZN-line Wizard S for my Kolibri T50 setup. It does a true 54N installed and AUW approx 1kg lighter then with K45/K70. (As reference My Super Viper is 4kg + fuel) we'll see which one I end up flying...
Hello Henke,

I fly the Wizard S with a T-50 (dry weight 4,5 kilo) and flew together with Sandor last week with both planes in the air.
Actually we flew with 2 Wizard's and 2 Rebel Hots in the air at the same time, big fun! :-)
You can't go wrong with both planes. Both have really good performance in terms of (slow) speed and aerobatics.
I guess the Wizard is slightly better in knife edge/aerobatics maneuvers due to the high fuselage and the Rebel hot is a little bit faster due to the sleeker design.
In the end they fly both very easy and predictable.
Old 09-28-2017, 08:25 PM
digitech

Originally Posted by Didier
Hello Henke,

I fly the Wizard S with a T-50 (dry weight 4,5 kilo) and flew together with Sandor last week with both planes in the air.
Actually we flew with 2 Wizard's and 2 Rebel Hots in the air at the same time, big fun! :-)
You can't go wrong with both planes. Both have really good performance in terms of (slow) speed and aerobatics.
I guess the Wizard is slightly better in knife edge/aerobatics maneuvers due to the high fuselage and the Rebel hot is a little bit faster due to the sleeker design.

saying that Didier i believe the Rebel didnt need any elevator input to hold the knife edge ;-) , and we where flying circles around the Wizard with the K-70 hahahahaha.
Old 09-29-2017, 01:19 AM
Henke Torphammar

Hello Henke,

Thanks, been trying to contact you via FB and YT to get these answers. Perfect, thanks!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:20 AM
Henke Torphammar

saying that Didier i believe the Rebel didnt need any elevator input to hold the knife edge ;-) , and we where flying circles around the Wizard with the K-70 hahahahaha.
aaah, my Swist did not even need rudder for knifedge
Old 09-29-2017, 03:12 AM
Didier

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
Thanks, been trying to contact you via FB and YT to get these answers. Perfect, thanks!

O really? I'm not a "Facebook" kind of guy. I only have it to read stupid things of other people.
Anyway, If you have questions, just shoot via P.M, as this thread is about the Rebel.
Old 09-29-2017, 03:15 AM
Didier

That is why you could not hold a knife edge Sandor? Next time use you're rudder instead of elevator, hahaha...
Old 09-29-2017, 03:51 AM
digitech

That is why you could not hold a knife edge Sandor? Next time use you're rudder instead of elevator, hahaha...

a well im just trying to do my laps hahahaha
Old 09-29-2017, 08:07 AM
pcskyhi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

digitech, is that rebel flight level on the cg wizard or did you just put it on the cg wizard to advertise the cg wizard? when you just put pictures out showing aircraft just sitting on your cg wizard you are giving people the impression that is all they have to do when that is not the case. I guess the Rebel Hot and the Ultra flash or both flight level on there landing gear. Remember when your debuted the cg wizard your video of the ultra flash had people thinking all they had to do was set there aircraft on the cg wizard and the magic would happen without making the aircraft flight level and now we are looking at pictures of the Rebel Hot being done the same way.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:44 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by pcskyhi
digitech, is that rebel flight level on the cg wizard or did you just put it on the cg wizard to advertise the cg wizard? when you just put pictures out showing aircraft just sitting on your cg wizard you are giving people the impression that is all they have to do when that is not the case. I guess the Rebel Hot and the Ultra flash or both flight level on there landing gear. Remember when your debuted the cg wizard your video of the ultra flash had people thinking all they had to do was set there aircraft on the cg wizard and the magic would happen without making the aircraft flight level and now we are looking at pictures of the Rebel Hot being done the same way.
Its not just sitting there its actually showing total weight , weight distribution and cg measured from back to front.
incl all flying data and throws.
i admit forgot to tell that the sensor length 70mm is.
saying that i am also a dealer
for pirotti so maybe its best to remove everything just to make you happy?.
Old 09-29-2017, 08:56 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Its not just sitting there its actually showing total weight , weight distribution and cg measured from back to front.
Don't remove anything please!
It's super nice for us that have a Rebel HOT coming, now we know what to do to balance etc, just put it the exact same way as in your pictures and get the same CG. Perfect, and many thanks for your help with this Sandor
Old 09-29-2017, 09:25 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Carsten Groen
Don't remove anything please!
It's super nice for us that have a Rebel HOT coming, now we know what to do to balance etc, just put it the exact same way as in your pictures and get the same CG. Perfect, and many thanks for your help with this Sandor
dont worry Carsten
anyway i will laser the spot on the fuse and measure.
however i want to put the cg a little
more backwards will let you all now how that goes.
Old 09-29-2017, 09:40 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks Sandor,
appreciate you are taking the time to document this, will be nice for us "late in the show" people once we get our planes
Old 09-29-2017, 09:46 AM
digitech

Saying that we also bought the rebel and the rebel pro
thr rebel needs a engine upgrade . The pro
will have a 240 just to lift of as a vtol :-)
will keep all posted since we have 3 rebel hot to try out.
and fiddle with.
Old 09-29-2017, 04:21 PM
pcskyhi

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I appreciate your sarcasm but as one of the first people who purchased the CG Wizard I feel if the company is going to show there product being used then they should be showing it being used properly to keep the confusion down, "that I can just put my aircraft on the CG Wizard and not make it flight level". Being the owner of one (the first version) I remember the confusion at first, so if there are pictures always showing the CG Wizard being used without making the aircraft flight level then future customers will believe that you can just put it on, CG the aircraft and go. Now they have nose/tail heavy aircraft which could lead to a hectic maiden flight. But I see by your response that you did not get my point and took it as an attack on your product when it is so far from that. Unless the Rebel Hot is flight level on its landing gear then you have displayed how to improperly use your product, Yes or no? I just remember how your video and instructions left out that one key factor (making the plane flight level) and caused a bit of confusion for those of us who initially purchased the CG Wizard.
Lets say someone purchases a Rebel Hot and has your product, the CG Wizard. They put their Hot on the Wizard just like the photo posted. If the Hot is flight level on its landing gear, no harm, no foul, right? But if it is not then the cg will be incorrect which could lead to a hectic maiden flight or even worse. They will refer back to the photo and say that is the way Digitech did it on their photo in the Rebel Hot thread. I am just a purchaser/user of your products (I also have the digital throw meter) whos opinion you apparently do not value and find offensive.
I apologize for derailing the thread. Lets get back to the Rebel Hot.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by pcskyhi
I appreciate your sarcasm but as one of the first people who purchased the CG Wizard I feel if the company is going to show there product being used then they should be showing it being used properly to keep the confusion down, "that I can just put my aircraft on the CG Wizard and not make it flight level". Being the owner of one (the first version) I remember the confusion at first, so if there are pictures always showing the CG Wizard being used without making the aircraft flight level then future customers will believe that you can just put it on, CG the aircraft and go. Now they have nose/tail heavy aircraft which could lead to a hectic maiden flight. But I see by your response that you did not get my point and took it as an attack on your product when it is so far from that. Unless the Rebel Hot is flight level on its landing gear then you have displayed how to improperly use your product, Yes or no? I just remember how your video and instructions left out that one key factor (making the plane flight level) and caused a bit of confusion for those of us who initially purchased the CG Wizard.
Lets say someone purchases a Rebel Hot and has your product, the CG Wizard. They put their Hot on the Wizard just like the photo posted. If the Hot is flight level on its landing gear, no harm, no foul, right? But if it is not then the cg will be incorrect which could lead to a hectic maiden flight or even worse. They will refer back to the photo and say that is the way Digitech did it on their photo in the Rebel Hot thread. I am just a purchaser/user of your products (I also have the digital throw meter) whos opinion you apparently do not value and find offensive.
I apologize for derailing the thread. Lets get back to the Rebel Hot.

first of all it IS in flying position all info displayed is correct.
as with all products out there : read the manual.
as for CG measurement , you level your plane with your fingers also flight level dont you?.
i think its common knowledge to not measure a CG vertical for that matter.
all info i wrote is correct and comes from one that currently flies.
and so did my ultra flash.
so i agree with you best leave this thread clean of comments that have noting to do with the Rebel Hot.
i edited the previous comments on throws , now it has also all CG measured with and without the tool.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:07 AM
digitech

Hi
i just edited post #102
it has now all throws and CG settings this is from 2 flying models.
Old 09-30-2017, 04:11 AM
horsefeetky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

digitech

i love my cg wizard

im saving up for a rebel myself but the mid size one since i have a jets munt 100xbl not doing anything right now and the hot would be too small for such power. i considered the hot at first but cant decide to buy another turbine just to fit that smaller size needs. i will keep reading this posting to see how things go with gear supplied and such longevity to quality over time. the price is almost at a point i could afford the plane and a new turbine for the cost of just the regular rebel with gear to fit the munt 100 i have now
Old 09-30-2017, 04:38 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by horsefeetky
digitech

i love my cg wizard

im saving up for a rebel myself but the mid size one since i have a jets munt 100xbl not doing anything right now and the hot would be too small for such power. i considered the hot at first but cant decide to buy another turbine just to fit that smaller size needs. i will keep reading this posting to see how things go with gear supplied and such longevity to quality over time. the price is almost at a point i could afford the plane and a new turbine for the cost of just the regular rebel with gear to fit the munt 100 i have now
i also own a normal rebel i flew it with the jetcat p-100
that said it flys but thats about it.
no real power for short take offs.
for normal flight ok , but i decided to “delete” the p100 and go for something stronger.
since i flew both ,the rebel hot WILL put a huge smile on your face believe me you wont regret it.
as for the landing gear , also a very nice product from Electron.
electric brakes , Spring Drag oleo,s.
dont worry about the gear , its fine and perfect for grass operation.
also no need for a extra bettery for the gear , just y-lead it from a battery

Last edited by digitech; 09-30-2017 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-02-2017, 12:56 PM
THLD

Hello digitech,
can you please post some pictures of the bottom-view of your Rebel Hot.
I´m also very interested in this model for my Kingtech K70.

I´d like to see the color scheme and also the position of the servo´s.

Thank you very much.

Best regards
Thomas
Old 10-19-2017, 01:43 AM
George62

Default Retracts for rebel hot

i also own a normal rebel i flew it with the jetcat p-100
that said it flys but thats about it.
no real power for short take offs.
for normal flight ok , but i decided to “delete” the p100 and go for something stronger.
since i flew both ,the rebel hot WILL put a huge smile on your face believe me you wont regret it.
as for the landing gear , also a very nice product from Electron.
electric brakes , Spring Drag oleo,s.
dont worry about the gear , its fine and perfect for grass operation.
also no need for a extra bettery for the gear , just y-lead it from a battery
Hello DIGITECH,
Can you please advise what is the retract gear configuration for the REBEL HOT ? I have been waiting for the delivery of mine without the landing gear and would like to order it now from the Electron - what are the pins dia, angles, main and nose legs lenghts, wheels dia, electronics ?
Thanks,
George
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	JPM20170915_143823_RebelHot.jpg
Views:	1452
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2241631   Click image for larger version

Name:	JPM20170915_143858_RebelHot.jpg
Views:	1252
Size:	915.0 KB
ID:	2241632  
Old 10-19-2017, 01:48 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by George62
Hello DIGITECH,
Can you please advise what is the retract gear configuration for the REBEL HOT ? I have been waiting for the delivery of mine without the landing gear and would like to order it now from the Electron - what are the pins dia, angles, main and nose legs lenghts, wheels dia, electronics ?
Thanks,
George

Hi George you can order the gear from Pirotti direct or thru me.
if you want to order direct from Electron is also possible just tell them its for the rebel hott , then they now what to do.
they have them in stock i think.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.