Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

REBEL HOT - New release from Pirotti models - Wow!

Old 07-23-2018, 10:58 PM
Midas D.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pirotti............LOL
Old 07-24-2018, 10:35 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks extraedge, I was pretty certain even Pirotti would not have elevator hinge lines 5/8” vertically apart! These models are really the poorest of Asian crafting and not in the same ballpark as SebArt at all. I gave a lot of leeway as supposedly this is a new way of doing the composite surface structure, and it is light, but it is less than good workmanship on the glue joints and fairly rough hewn on the inside. I’ve built 4 SebArt Avantis (2 mini & 2 XS) 3 of which I am still flying here in Canada and in the US, and for certain the Rebel Hot is vastly inferior in construction and the Pirotti company is not even close to the same customer service as Seba. All emails are answered and shipping is confirmed as soon as the bank transfer is done! Usually Seba confirmed to me his stock and shipping arrangements before the transfer!

Pirotti had my money for 9.5 months before I received the plane with TWO LEFT STABS!!!! The only email I ever got after paying was from Marina there, after asking if there was a tracking number even though I had never been notified that the plane had been shipped! He never returned an email or PM on FB after he got the money! Under no circumstances would I ever purchase another Pirotti plane. Too bad as he seems to have a good design but NO MANUAL or even an online build out thread! Some of the parts are very different from what we use here in North America, so a simple photo thread would have been perfect.

I’ve been building since 1967 and have designed and constructed my own turbine planes as well as outfitted many Asian, European, and USA jets, so I can improvise and easily make this bird airworthy, but why should I have to go buy hinges and cut off elevators and modify things on an ARF!!! Clearly this plane is not ready for prime-time.

That being said, the elevators will be re-attached and functional in a couple of days time and I will finish the build-out then.

Thank you all for the information and help so far!

Len
Old 07-24-2018, 01:02 PM
knpjdad
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, I have made my decision on what jet I WON'T be buying next. That is just sad.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:30 PM
c_makhija

Originally Posted by extraedge
Hello !
Then i have time to se on it !
lovely model and incredibly light weight on the set !
I’m happy with the finish, it’s only a model plane
This one was worth waiting for😃
Then i have big and fhe litle Rebel 😃👍
Brg Geir
Hello extraedge,

Will it be possible to post some pictures of the inside of the hott.

Thanks
Chatty.
Old 07-31-2018, 05:39 AM
Quandry

I have received word that my Rebel Hot kit is on the way. It’s been a bit of a wait since JP last year, however I am hopeful that the wait will pay off and luckilly I have been busy on other builds in the meantime..

I will post up some pics for folks when mine arrives.

Last edited by Quandry; 07-31-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 08-08-2018, 03:45 AM
Quandry

Old 08-08-2018, 03:47 AM
Quandry

Bit of a wait but absolutely worth it Name:  2764.png
Views: 2257
Size:  391 Bytes❤️Name:  2764.png
Size:  391 Bytes❤️Name:  2764.png
Size:  391 Bytes❤️ Rebel Hot is completely stunning in this colour scheme. Extremely lightweight fuselage. Paint quality on my model is just fantastic and the black areas are actually a metallic gun metal. Perfect choice against the camel yellow!Seam work excellent, glue work in good shape, Regrettably there were quality issues and delays at the factory. I know Len and a few others were badly affected and I hope that Pirotti resolves the situation for you guys.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:47 AM
c_makhija

Geoff, glad your happy with the quality and hope all the quality issues are resolved, as I will be getting mine at JP.

Regards
Chatty.
Old 08-31-2018, 05:14 PM
rcflyguy_26
My Feedback: (8)

Getting ready to start working on my Hot.

I ordered it with the Graupner DES 678 BB MG digital servos.

Who is using these, and what is your battery set up.

Thinking 6.6v LiFe... but was wondering if they will take the extra .6v or so.

And... how do you get the pipe in this thing?!?

Scott
Old 08-31-2018, 05:37 PM
Len

Originally Posted by rcflyguy_26
Getting ready to start working on my Hot.

I ordered it with the Graupner DES 678 BB MG digital servos.

Who is using these, and what is your battery set up.

Thinking 6.6v LiFe... but was wondering if they will take the extra .6v or so.

And... how do you get the pipe in this thing?!?

Scott
I am using the Graupner DES678’s all around the plane other than the steering. I am using a LiPo 2S and a Fromeco Sahara regulator. It was very unclear if these will handle more than the 6V but I think they should be fine personally but don’t hold name to that if the magic smoke tries to escape!

The pipe DOES go in without disassembling it! I did have to radius the undersides of the rear of the engine mounts a bit to get it to go but it does go nicely once you do that. However; you need to have something (clear plastic 6” ruler) to guide the pointy part of the rear of the pipe passed the fuselage top as it hits everything back there. The bell mouth will bend quite a bit before it takes a new shape, by the way. It is extremely soft aluminium and very forgiving while doing this. The bell slightly ‘pops’ over the last former behind the engine mounts but nothing to speak of once the mounts are radiused at the back.

Note that the engine mounts are offset from one another (fore and aft) so as to provide an easier time once the pipe mounts are affixed to the pipe. That was a tad disconcerting when I noticed it...I mean really even a sheet explaining some of this and stating a recommended CG would have been a simple and most welcome touch, but no way Pirotti is going to help at all. Never mind even contemplating a manual! Easy to see why Elite dropped them I guess...rant over!
Len
Old 08-31-2018, 06:01 PM
rcflyguy_26

Thanks Len.

Can you post some pictures? Especially the hatch assembly
Old 08-31-2018, 07:21 PM
Len

Sure, but it’ll take a few days though as we have a contest here this long weekend and I am both flying and judging in it...time is sparse. The canopy is a challenge, but not too difficult. I guess they do it all a bit differently in Europe from the way we do things here in NA... watch the tank hold down too as it uses a relatively small area of glue and there can be a fairly harsh torque applied sloshing fuel around that round tank...not sure why its round, but it is. Anyway you’ll start getting the hang of what is intended as you go. The theme of this plane is to keep it light! It is a newer style of composite and very lightweight but seems to be very strong too...not sure why they didn’t use it on the loooong canopy though as mine cracked in 4 places when it fell (onto a furniture foam covered table top) while glue was curing using gravity feed. In any event the fuselage is vey light and yet still very stiff. The wood formers are not the best...gee there’s no surprise with Asian wood! However; the ply they used in places like the nose gear formers is weaker than light ply and might need some shoring up with 1/16” ply doublers in places. I haven’t stood it on the gear yet as I am just about to mate the wings tothe fuselage and CG it...oh yes there is no known CG location other than a fellow that said about 20mm back of the center of the spar tube...seems a good enough place to start I guess as it is a little ahead of the main gear wells. Good old Pirotti and his total lack of information...
Len
Old 09-09-2018, 10:05 AM
George62

LEARNING TO FLY
Here is a link to the video of the 16th thru 20th flight of the first of our three Rebel Hots received from Pirotti early this Summer ...

Last edited by George62; 09-09-2018 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-09-2018, 01:43 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are these being sold or shipped to the US?

Thx in advance
Old 09-22-2018, 11:19 AM
c_makhija

Just picked up my rebel hot at Jetpower, left wing fits well, but right wing has a gap of 3-4 mm towards the trailing edge, decreases if force applied. Looks like the phenolic in the right wing is slightly off, anyone has the same issue or is it only me.

Chatty.
Old 09-23-2018, 11:56 PM
George62

Default Rebel Hot - First test of thrust vectoring

Last edited by George62; 09-23-2018 at 11:57 PM. Reason: adding information
Old 09-24-2018, 12:28 PM
c_makhija

Old 11-01-2018, 12:22 PM
c_makhija

Finally all done...
waiting for maiden.

Old 11-02-2018, 05:12 AM
rcflyguy_26

George,
can you post some detailed pictures of how you did your canopy hatch and wing mounting, please?
Old 11-02-2018, 06:38 AM
c_makhija

Originally Posted by digitech
Throws :

Ailerons Flight/landing Primary 10mm up and down / (Differential 78% on down) 45% expo
Elevator Flight 13mm up 13mm down /landing 15mm up and down 45% Expo in flight 25% in landing
Rudder 25mm
Crow Flaps 70MM / Ailerons 5mm up / Elevator 3mm down mixed.
CG for start just after the wingtube / max is 20mm from center of the tube backwards!.(100ml fuel in tank)
or if you have a CG Wizard its 68mm.
Visual inspection : the Rebel hot would stay on its tail if you push the tail down (tank 10% fuel remained) if you lift it about 20mm it will fall back on the front.

Radio we used : DS-16 receiver REX-12
extra,s
Cortex pro
Digitech TTU (Telemetric)
2 x Lipo 1800 2S for radio
1 x 3S Life 1800 for turbine

Turbine Kingtech K-70
Total weight with this setup 5.7 Kilo (painted outside the mould)
Just to be sure the 15mm elevator throw is measured at the tip right? Looks a bit much so wanted to be sure.

Thanks
Chatty.

Old 11-05-2018, 01:06 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c_makhija

Just to be sure the 15mm elevator throw is measured at the tip right? Looks a bit much so wanted to be sure.

Thanks
Chatty.

NOPE! inside not outside
Old 11-05-2018, 06:02 AM
Quandry

Looks good Chatty, nice job!
Old 11-07-2018, 07:26 AM
c_makhija

Originally Posted by digitech
NOPE! inside not outside
Thanks Sandor, what about the Ailerons then?

Chatty.
Old 11-07-2018, 07:31 AM
c_makhija

Originally Posted by Quandry
Looks good Chatty, nice job!
Thanks, actually I think Mauro went short of time and could not finish the trim colour for Jet power delivery,
Sat down with Ralle from Tailor made and designed something different. Now looks better than the trim colours but more work of course.

Chatty

Old 11-07-2018, 07:54 AM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by c_makhija

Thanks Sandor, what about the Ailerons then?

Chatty.
also all measurements inside exept rudder.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.