Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 11:19 AM
ZachU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v

there are a lot of options out there for redundant power, many of them less expensive than a Mercury SRS, for example, you could just use to LiFe receiver batteries plugged into a Spektrum Power Safe Receiver. Or if all servos are HV, you could use two Lipo batteries, lots of options there. I don’t have a Jeti radio but they have a dual battery setup as well.
With the Mercury on Spektrum, you just plug your four satellites, all servos and two batteries into the Mercury, which simplifies the number of separate components a bit. Mercury is nice, but again it’s pricey. I just bought a Demon Cortex and it was $250, the Mercury SRS is $409, but you get power distribution, so you just have figure out what works best for your situation. The more simple you keep it the better, but jets by their nature can more complex and it’s always to keep safety in mind. -Tom
Wow Tom, thank you so much for the help! I will be using the Graupner MZ-32 for this project and will get it much sooner than the airframe so I will have some time to learn its capabilities. That being said I am leaning towards the Mercury and just going that route since it packs so many features. I think for today I'll let my bank account rest since I have a long wait ahead of me. I very much like the idea of power distribution. My servos will be pre-installed Savox and I'm not sure if they are HV or not. I've done so much reading since placing my order I think my brain is getting cloudy on all of this at the moment.

Zach
Old 10-29-2018, 11:36 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Zach,
The servos are probably 1250, which are HV. The Mercury can be configured for 6v or 7.4v regulated output so either way you’ll be good. The Mercury can be used with or without GPS, I’m using GPS with all of mine.. With GPS, the gain on the gyro is automatically adjusted for aircraft speed. I’m not sure it’s worth the additional cost or not. Good luck with your build, don’t by be afraid to ask more questions, there is a lot of collective expertise on this thread to help. -Tom
Old 10-30-2018, 01:56 PM
ZachU

Zach,
The servos are probably 1250, which are HV. The Mercury can be configured for 6v or 7.4v regulated output so either way you’ll be good. The Mercury can be used with or without GPS, I’m using GPS with all of mine.. With GPS, the gain on the gyro is automatically adjusted for aircraft speed. I’m not sure it’s worth the additional cost or not. Good luck with your build, don’t by be afraid to ask more questions, there is a lot of collective expertise on this thread to help. -Tom
So I had to wait 24 hours to post again and kinda forgot where my brain was yesterday on all of this lol. So one question I have is do you use the gyro during all phases of flight including take off and landing? I've definitely decided on getting the Mercury SRS but reliability came into my mind. Are there failures on these units that you guys know of?
My new Graupner is on it's way and will be here on Monday. I'm tempted to install it on one of my edf jets so I can acclimate myself to its programming prior to using it for the mini t1. Does anyone else here use the Graupner transmitter while flying this airframe? I appreciate all the advice given so far and Tom thank you for all the feedback. For my next trick I need to find someone in Fort Worth to help me get my turbine waiver lol.

Zach
Old 10-30-2018, 02:16 PM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody know if the mercury srs will output telemetry when used with spektrum sats? I’m waffling between mercury and the new power safe system.

Thanks

Ryan
Old 10-30-2018, 03:25 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by airborn900
Anybody know if the mercury srs will output telemetry when used with spektrum sats? I’m waffling between mercury and the new power safe system.

Thanks

Ryan
Yes but you need the Spektrun Telemetry Module. I just finished setting up a Mercury SRS with the igyro on a buddies plane.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:25 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by airborn900

Thanks

Ryan
Yes but you need the Spektrum Telemetry Module. I just finished setting up a Mercury SRS with the igyro on a buddies plane.
Old 10-30-2018, 04:29 PM
Tip22v

[QUOTE=ZachU;12474772]So I had to wait 24 hours to post again and kinda forgot where my brain was yesterday on all of this lol. So one question I have is do you use the gyro during all phases of flight including take off and landing? I've definitely decided on getting the Mercury SRS but reliability came into my mind. Are there failures on these units that you guys know of?
My new Graupner is on it's way and will be here on Monday. I'm tempted to install it on one of my edf jets so I can acclimate myself to its programming prior to using it for the mini t1. Does anyone else here use the Graupner transmitter while flying this airframe? I appreciate all the advice given so far and Tom thank you for all the feedback. For my next trick I need to find someone in Fort Worth to help me get my turbine waiver lol.

Zach[/QUOTE
I fly the gyro on for all phases of flight, but I don’t fly in “hold” mode, just rate mode.
Never heard of any failures but it would be best to move that part of the discussion to another forum specifically for the Mercury SRS, you will get more accurate info there and we’ll be better able to keep this forum on the subject of the T1 mini. -Tom
Old 10-30-2018, 04:37 PM
ZachU

[QUOTE=Tip22v;12474805]
Originally Posted by ZachU
So I had to wait 24 hours to post again and kinda forgot where my brain was yesterday on all of this lol. So one question I have is do you use the gyro during all phases of flight including take off and landing? I've definitely decided on getting the Mercury SRS but reliability came into my mind. Are there failures on these units that you guys know of?

Zach[/QUOTE
I fly the gyro on for all phases of flight, but I don’t fly in “hold” mode, just rate mode.
Never heard of any failures but it would be best to move that part of the discussion to another forum specifically for the Mercury SRS, you will get more accurate info there and we’ll be better able to keep this forum on the subject of the T1 mini. -Tom
Yeah no worries I thought about that after I replied. Thanks for the information regardless.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:32 AM
Tip22v

[QUOTE=ZachU;12474807]
[left]

Yeah no worries I thought about that after I replied. Thanks for the information regardless.
Keep us posted on your build progress, you will love this jet
Old 10-31-2018, 05:01 PM
ZachU

Will do and thanks Tom!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:42 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ZachU, the original mercury srs that came out with the 6-axis gyro had some issues only with some units. Make sure you have the 3-axis unit. Here is the link of the issues people were having.

Problem with Mercury SRS gyro with 18MZ - Mercury SRS - PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum

The case of the Mercury says 6-axis on both the real 6-axis and the newer 3-axis systems. Hope this helps.

Steven
Old 11-01-2018, 07:08 AM
tulz161

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have one delivered recently to the states with the new china tariffs? Thought I saw a warming on the pacific jets website saying a possible 25% tariff would be the responsibility of the buyer.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:44 AM
Tip22v

I have another Mini on order, what really sucks is that I already paid for it, so now I don't have any choice but to pay the extra $500 or loose the 2k I already shelled out. I guess it's just a waiting game now to see if the tariffs will actually apply to these jets. If we do have to pay the tariff do we pay PacficRCJets, or would we get a bill from the US Customs Department? -Tom
Old 11-01-2018, 10:54 AM
camss69

Originally Posted by tulz161
Anyone have one delivered recently to the states with the new china tariffs? Thought I saw a warming on the pacific jets website saying a possible 25% tariff would be the responsibility of the buyer.
That.... sucks...
Old 11-01-2018, 11:22 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My Mini T1 is for sale if anybody is interested, PM me.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:29 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I have another Mini on order, what really sucks is that I already paid for it, so now I don't have any choice but to pay the extra $500 or loose the 2k I already shelled out. I guess it's just a waiting game now to see if the tariffs will actually apply to these jets. If we do have to pay the tariff do we pay PacficRCJets, or would we get a bill from the US Customs Department? -Tom
I have a plane ordered coming from China soon. While concerning, I'm not losing sleep over it. I have heard no one getting dinged for a plane. I am going to stay optimistic until I hear of someone that has gotten hit with the tax.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:37 AM
Reever45
My Feedback: (16)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have a friend just got a T1 couple of weeks ago, don't recall him saying anything about getting hit with any tariff taxes.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:56 AM
Tip22v

That’s encouraging. Thanks, Tom
Old 11-01-2018, 01:40 PM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't know when the tariffs started, but I got mine in the last week of August. No tariffs.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:39 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got to Maiden my Mini today. I flew one 5 minute flight. I used a slight bit more then 1/2 a tank.
Ailerons needed no trim.
Elevators , Flaps up, Elev raised 2 mm above the outboard side where it was level with the tip.
Flaps approach, 1 mm up from the tip
Flaps landing, 1 mm down. this is below the 2 mm up for level flight with no flap.Looks like 3 mm dn from flap up level flight.
Curious if these numbers are close to those flying around the 190 + Balance point.
Plane flew very well, rock solid, stable.
Landing a little faster then I would have liked.Just landed a little beyond where I wanted to.
All in all very easy maiden..
Stan
Easy to see why this is such a popular airplane.
Stan
Old 11-01-2018, 09:44 PM
ZachU

Originally Posted by Westwindpilot86
ZachU, the original mercury srs that came out with the 6-axis gyro had some issues only with some units. Make sure you have the 3-axis unit. Here is the link of the issues people were having.

The case of the Mercury says 6-axis on both the real 6-axis and the newer 3-axis systems. Hope this helps.

Steven
Steven,

Wow! Thank you for that link. Really concerning. Not sure how I will proceed after reading that. To keep on topic here I will converse off this thread at a later date. You guys rock for being so helpful. I'm through week 1 of possibly 12, waiting for my jet to arrive lol.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:33 PM
Westwindpilot86

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

ZachU,
only if you have the early mercury's would there be any concern. If you have a newer mercury I wouldn't hesitate to fly with it using the gyro.
Old 11-02-2018, 05:46 AM
Tip22v

IThanks for the link. I too am having second thoughts about using the Mercury in the smaller T1 mini, the smaller the jet the closer it will be mounted to he turbine, and thus more susceptible to turbine noise. None of my three are the newer version. -Tom
Old 11-02-2018, 05:55 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm flying this jet with a simple R12 receiver...and one additional R3 on the side of the fuel tank...the mercury PB would be better in something like the T-1 or T-3....keeping it simple and lighter is the key...
Old 11-02-2018, 07:21 AM
ZachU

Luckily, I have some time to figure this out. I am getting my new Graupner MZ-32 today instead of Monday so I am going to do some reading over the weekend. I looked at some of their telemetry modules and may just go that route with a cortex and some sort of battery redundancy. I like the idea of keeping this jet light and I think I could potentially get a lot of features without the mercury.

Who else on this thread is still running the k70 on the mini T-1? What kind of top end speed are you getting and do you regret not going with a k85?

Zach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.