Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Old 11-08-2018, 10:06 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i would NOT use epoxy, CA, or Hysol on those scuffs.
those scuffs are very superficial paint level only.
use Bondo, sand it smooth and repaint - DONE!
good luck.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:11 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by i3dm View Post
i would NOT use epoxy, CA, or Hysol on those scuffs.
those scuffs are very superficial paint level only.
use Bondo, sand it smooth and repaint - DONE!
good luck.
Thanks. I was simply going to use bondo on scuffs where needed. The epoxies/CA/Hysol recommendations are in reference to the hole in the wingtip...at least that's how I took it.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:13 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by T3chDad View Post
Thanks. I was simply going to use bondo on scuffs where needed. The epoxies/CA/Hysol recommendations are in reference to the hole in the wingtip...at least that's how I took it.
ok got it. didnt notice the hole before.
Old 11-08-2018, 12:15 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

CA would be for crack's and epoxy for holes......
Old 11-08-2018, 01:58 PM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
CA would be for crack's and epoxy for holes......
Yup! Got it, thanks.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:53 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
I'm flying this jet with a simple R12 receiver...and one additional R3 on the side of the fuel tank...the mercury PB would be better in something like the T-1 or T-3....keeping it simple and lighter is the key...
I finally made the decision to shift to Jeti DS-24, so I'll be looking for advice on similar setup for my two T1 minis. Does your R12 have the stabilization? -Tom
Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did have a 12 Assist last season...l.decided to go back to the cortex pro fro next season....frankly I turn that thing on a couple times only. I’m one of those flier that like complete control and I always find Gyro invasive....(setup I know)but I did run the Cortex pro before and I did like it during the really high cross wind days...

I’m mounting the assist on my 3D and foamies planes... to take more time to play with the setup.....I did like the smaller space the assist takes, compare to an additional box.
Old 11-09-2018, 11:03 AM
F1 Rocket

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I finally made the decision to shift to Jeti DS-24, so I'll be looking for advice on similar setup for my two T1 minis. Does your R12 have the stabilization? -Tom
Good move. Let me know if you need any help with Jeti equipment.

Danny
danny@AeroPanda.com
407-687-3126
www.AeroPanda.com
Old 11-09-2018, 01:13 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thanks Danny, my DS-24 shipped yesterday, should be here next Thursday, Im going to be retrofitting my existing T1 mini as well as my T1 mini on order with the new radio gear. Have not decided whether to go Cortex Pro or Powerbox yet, I have equipment for both so I just need to decide. -Tom
Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Would somebody that very recently received their Mini do me a favor? Please post a picture of the main landing gear with the wheel and tire. If something's changed, I'd like to update the manual.

Thank you!
Old 11-10-2018, 08:05 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Xicoy brake controller
I hav had a problem with the latest jp brake controller, flat spots on tires as the controller will not soften the brake pressure very well.
i removed the jp brake controller and replaced it with the tiny xicoy brake controller. 48 dollars at DreamWorks. It really works much better. Noticeably so..It has 5 different brake settings. I just installed it so i have not flown with it yet.
my jp controller weighed 2 oz and was over the nose wheel.
my cg went from 190 to 200mm when i replced it with the xicoy.
Stan
Old 11-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Air3D540

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Would somebody that very recently received their Mini do me a favor? Please post a picture of the main landing gear with the wheel and tire. If something's changed, I'd like to update the manual.

Thank you!
I received mine about 3 weeks ago if that's recent enough. I've not started the build yet. I'll post up a picture when I get home from work this evening.

Speaking of that manual, a HUGE thank you for that. This is my first turbine build and as the plane didn't come with a manual, yours will be a huge help.

Jason
Old 11-12-2018, 03:32 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got notification that mine is enroute, I will post a picture of the gear as soon as it arrives.
Old 11-12-2018, 07:48 PM
Air3D540

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Thank you!
Here are the mains and the nose as well. It was delivered about 3 weeks ago, so fairly recently.

Old 11-13-2018, 04:39 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Air3D540 View Post
Here are the mains and the nose as well. It was delivered about 3 weeks ago, so fairly recently.
Thank you for going through the trouble. I really appreciate it. I don't see anything different from the the ones on mine from August.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:28 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I just got delivery of my fourth T1 jet last night (3rd T1 mini). I ordered it on Sept 29, so just under six weeks from order to delivery, which is pretty quick. The last two jets I've ordered I went with EMS shipping and the total ship time was only about five days for each. The landing gear look exactly the same as the ones in the photos above and look identical to the other two sets from my other T1 minis (no apparent change there), retract/brake controllers are different though. I'm going to be using my Xicoy Retract/Brake controller so if anyone wants these new JP controllers send me a PM. One final note: the factory finally started using a soft paper to wrap the fuse, wings etc. under the bubble wrap, which prevents the bubble wrap scaring that has plagued each of my three previous jets from T1. Yes, with some automotive wax I was able to buff out much of the bubble wrap markings, but I was not able to remove all of it, and every now and then if you look at it via just the right angle you can see the bubble wrap scars. I know this is very trivial but it always bothered me because the problem seemed so easily preventable. This jet arrived wrapped in soft paper (under the bubble wrap) and the paint is absolutely stunning, not a mark on it anywhere! Kudos to the whole T1 and PRCJ team, they started with an outstanding product, and have figured out how to make it even better. -Tom
Old 11-14-2018, 01:21 PM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I just got delivery of my fourth T1 jet last night (3rd T1 mini). I ordered it on Sept 29, so just under six weeks from order to delivery, which is pretty quick. The last two jets I've ordered I went with EMS shipping and the total ship time was only about five days for each. The landing gear look exactly the same as the ones in the photos above and look identical to the other two sets from my other T1 minis (no apparent change there), retract/brake controllers are different though. I'm going to be using my Xicoy Retract/Brake controller so if anyone wants these new JP controllers send me a PM. One final note: the factory finally started using a soft paper to wrap the fuse, wings etc. under the bubble wrap, which prevents the bubble wrap scaring that has plagued each of my three previous jets from T1. Yes, with some automotive wax I was able to buff out much of the bubble wrap markings, but I was not able to remove all of it, and every now and then if you look at it via just the right angle you can see the bubble wrap scars. I know this is very trivial but it always bothered me because the problem seemed so easily preventable. This jet arrived wrapped in soft paper (under the bubble wrap) and the paint is absolutely stunning, not a mark on it anywhere! Kudos to the whole T1 and PRCJ team, they started with an outstanding product, and have figured out how to make it even better. -Tom
why do you have four T1s?
Old 11-14-2018, 04:28 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I dont have four, I only have three (one lost to unfortunate accident). One T1, two minis. Nice to have a backup
Old 11-14-2018, 07:07 PM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

One does not need any justification on owning multiple T1 jets. In fact, it should be encouraged!
Old 11-15-2018, 04:23 AM
Mikey5547

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I wasnt meaning to ruffle feathers I was just simply asking
Old 11-15-2018, 04:36 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was just joking around, no feathers ruffled here. (I was a little curious too)
Old 11-15-2018, 08:22 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was just joking around, no feathers ruffled here. (I was a little curious too)
No feathers ruffled here. It's not as extreme as it sounds, the short answer is I like to fly. Unfortunately, there are many factors that make flying for me an opportunistic act e.g. our field availability, wx, my busy schedule etc. so when all the planets line up for me to fly the last thing I need is a broken jet. Yes, I have three T1s, but one of them is still in the box, my T1 is not flyable because the new K160 I bought this summer needs a retrofit to fix a design issue with the bearing lubrication system, which leaves me a single T1 mini flyable at the moment. I also have two other jets, one under construction, and the other with a K70 that I'm now nervous to fly because of all the issues being reported with compressor wheels. Sadly, I have five jets but for various reasons only one flyable. This weekend is supposed to beautiful weather (very unusual for us this time of year) and our field is open so the planets are aligning for me to fly, hopefully I won't have any issues with my one flyable jet.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:01 PM
ZachU

Tip,

Which turbine is installed in your flyable mini? Good to know about the k70 issues.
Old 11-15-2018, 09:24 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by zachu View Post
tip,

which turbine is installed in your flyable mini? Good to know about the k70 issues.
k85.
Old 11-15-2018, 10:16 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by tucson View Post

Xicoy brake controller
I hav had a problem with the latest jp brake controller, flat spots on tires as the controller will not soften the brake pressure very well.
i removed the jp brake controller and replaced it with the tiny xicoy brake controller. 48 dollars at DreamWorks. It really works much better. Noticeably so..It has 5 different brake settings. I just installed it so i have not flown with it yet.
my jp controller weighed 2 oz and was over the nose wheel.
my cg went from 190 to 200mm when i replced it with the xicoy.
Stan
So do you have both brakes wired to the one controller?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service