Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 04:44 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by ZachU
Tip,

Which turbine is installed in your flyable mini? Good to know about the k70 issues.
K85 as well....
Old 11-16-2018, 04:52 PM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Xicoy brake controller

[QUOTE=camss69;12479097]

So do you have both brakes wired to the one controller

yes both brakes plug into the xicoy controller. Jr type plugs.
now that my cg has moved back to the 200mm mark ii am unhappy. I went vertical the other day and at the very top of the verticle line as i put some down elevator in to bring it around it snaped on me. Caught me by surprise.
190 felt more solid and stable to me.
but that is just personal preference.
brake are definitely better with the xicoy but you have to be careful as it still will pull to one side.
Stan
Old 11-16-2018, 05:52 PM
ZachU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good to know since that is what I have now lol. Thanks for the info.
Old 11-26-2018, 10:43 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

At work today and was complaining to a co-worker about how bad I am at attempting to safety wire my fuel line connections. He looked at me and asked why I’m not using “Fuel Line Zip Ties” and I said I didn’t know they existed! Sure enough he sent me a link and I ordered them. This seems to eliminate the concern using regular zip ties of the pinch point creating a potential air leak. Anyone see any issues using these?

https://www.fuelhoseziptie.com/
Old 11-26-2018, 11:03 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Well me being an aircraft mechanic and safety wiring all day long its second nature for me... But when I work on other peoples planes I come close to puking after seeing their safety wire jobs lol. Those tubing zip ties look nice!
Old 11-26-2018, 12:59 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I be definitely ordering some of those hose clamp ties!

I started the build on my latest T1 Mini this past weekend. I've noticed a couple of things I thought I would share: First, not many of the parts on these jets are interchangeable, even if the part itself fits, it's highly unlikely the paint lines will match. Of the three minis I ordered, none of the canopies or mid-hatches fit well except on the jet they came with, there is clearly a lot of hand craftsmanship going into these jets (that's a good thing). The nose gear now comes with an extra strut connector pin assembly, which is a really nice if you ever bend your nose pin because it's pretty easy to change out. I noticed the aileron and flap hinging is much more stiff on this latest jet than the previous two, not sure if they changed up the manufacturing process or not. It's not a big deal, I just had to move it a few times to get it to loosen up. I also noticed that some of screws in the hardware pack used for mounting the servo brackets to the wing panel are cheaper metal, I broke one off just trying to mount it and believe me I did not apply that much torque, so be careful when mounting the servo brackets. The fuel tank seems a little lighter weight than the previous versions and the exhaust tube does not fit as snug in the rear wood bracket as the previous two versions, in fact it's pretty loose with about 1/8" play. Other than that everything is pretty much the same, I'm enjoying the build! I'm going with a Jeti system in this one, CBM200, 2x R3, DS-24, any advice from the Jeti experts is welcome!

Tom
Old 11-27-2018, 05:23 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
At work today and was complaining to a co-worker about how bad I am at attempting to safety wire my fuel line connections. He looked at me and asked why I’m not using “Fuel Line Zip Ties” and I said I didn’t know they existed! Sure enough he sent me a link and I ordered them. This seems to eliminate the concern using regular zip ties of the pinch point creating a potential air leak. Anyone see any issues using these?

https://www.fuelhoseziptie.com/
Looks good, but the $17.00 cost for a pack is a bit steep. I don't have an issue with safety wire so I'll wait until I'm out of it before I try these...but that could be years.
Old 11-27-2018, 08:27 AM
tucson

Originally Posted by Tip22v

I started the build on my latest T1 Mini this past weekend. I've noticed a couple of things I thought I would share: First, not many of the parts on these jets are interchangeable, even if the part itself fits, it's highly unlikely the paint lines will match. Of the three minis I ordered, none of the canopies or mid-hatches fit well except on the jet they came with, there is clearly a lot of hand craftsmanship going into these jets (that's a good thing). The nose gear now comes with an extra strut connector pin assembly, which is a really nice if you ever bend your nose pin because it's pretty easy to change out. I noticed the aileron and flap hinging is much more stiff on this latest jet than the previous two, not sure if they changed up the manufacturing process or not. It's not a big deal, I just had to move it a few times to get it to loosen up. I also noticed that some of screws in the hardware pack used for mounting the servo brackets to the wing panel are cheaper metal, I broke one off just trying to mount it and believe me I did not apply that much torque, so be careful when mounting the servo brackets. The fuel tank seems a little lighter weight than the previous versions and the exhaust tube does not fit as snug in the rear wood bracket as the previous two versions, in fact it's pretty loose with about 1/8" play. Other than that everything is pretty much the same, I'm enjoying the build! I'm going with a Jeti system in this one, CBM200, 2x R3, DS-24, any advice from the Jeti experts is welcome!

Tom
I am using a jeti 14 channel rec enough ports for smoke and all. Also using a dsm 10 for 2 battery usage.comes with a magnetic switch. Works very well.
stan
Old 11-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by tucson
I am using a jeti 14 channel rec enough ports for smoke and all. Also using a dsm 10 for 2 battery usage.comes with a magnetic switch. Works very well.
stan
No smoke on mine....I'm using a 12 channels...plenty for running everything, before I got the plane, I had planned on the CB200 as well...but just taught it was too crowed in there....
Old 11-27-2018, 10:15 AM
Custmachr
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tom
Since you have a DS24 you can use a REX 7,10,or 12 as your primary and use the 900 MHz back up into it.
Tim
Old 11-27-2018, 02:34 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Dansy
No smoke on mine....I'm using a 12 channels...plenty for running everything, before I got the plane, I had planned on the CB200 as well...but just taught it was too crowed in there....
I agree, space is limited. How are folks routing the jeti antennas inside the fuselag of the mini? I've been running Spektrum so I have not had to deal with long antenna wires. I know they need to be 90 degrees but there does not seem to be enough room for that...
Old 11-27-2018, 02:36 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Custmachr

Since you have a DS24 you can use a REX 7,10,or 12 as your primary and use the 900 MHz back up into it.
Tim
I'm planning to do the 900 MHz as a backup in my Mini after I get a little more familiar and comfortable with the Jeti system.
Old 11-27-2018, 02:51 PM
tucson

I agree, space is limited. How are folks routing the jeti antennas inside the fuselag of the mini? I've been running Spektrum so I have not had to deal with long antenna wires. I know they need to be 90 degrees but there does not seem to be enough room for that...
the important part of the antenna wire is the yellow end. You can route the remaining part anywhere you wish. I have rolled mine in a small loop leaving the yellow end where you want to place it.
i have been flying jeti now for almost 6 years. Great equipment. You will love it.
stan
Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM
camss69

Tom
Thanks for posting your findings. I replaced almost all of the hardware that came with the plane but mostly because I just HATE phillips screws. Interesting that you say the flaps and ailerons are stiff... my flaps are REALLY stiff but I was afraid to bend them too far to try to free them up. I’ll work them a little and see if they improve, the servos really buzz a lot when they are full down.

I also run Jeti, I’m putting in a REX12A receiver, then I have one R3/RSW as a satellite and one as a remote switch to turn the plane off and on remotely. I’m also running a DSM 10 for battery rudundancy. I switched to Jeti this year and was a LONG time JR user, their equipment is top notch and the only limitations really are your imagination. A CB200 would be massive overkill for this size plane IMO.

Old 11-27-2018, 03:19 PM
Dansy

Tip22...In case you don’t know.....You don’t need a CB 200 to run multiple RX on EXBus anymore, just REX RX until the last one which can be a simple R3
Old 11-27-2018, 03:58 PM
Tip22v

Thanks for posting your findings. I replaced almost all of the hardware that came with the plane but mostly because I just HATE phillips screws. Interesting that you say the flaps and ailerons are stiff... my flaps are REALLY stiff but I was afraid to bend them too far to try to free them up. I’ll work them a little and see if they improve, the servos really buzz a lot when they are full down.

I also run Jeti, I’m putting in a REX12A receiver, then I have one R3/RSW as a satellite and one as a remote switch to turn the plane off and on remotely. I’m also running a DSM 10 for battery rudundancy. I switched to Jeti this year and was a LONG time JR user, their equipment is top notch and the only limitations really are your imagination. A CB200 would be massive overkill for this size plane IMO.

The first two minis I built the aileron and flaps were not stiff like this latest version, I was able to get my flaps to 90 degrees after working them for a few minutes, although they are still not totally free moving.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:43 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys, easy fix on the flaps.

This is normally due to the clear coat thickness after paint. Simply sand the side areas removing just the paint that slides into the flap hinge and its free.

Last edited by Digital Pilot; 11-27-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:40 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by Digital Pilot
Guys, easy fix on the flaps.

This is normally due to the clear coat thickness after paint. Simply sand the side areas removing just the paint that slides into the flap hinge and its free.

Nahh mine are the hinges themselves, I drilled out the hole to remove the paint/clear coat and the clevis moves freely.

Last edited by camss69; 11-27-2018 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11-28-2018, 04:22 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

... I replaced almost all of the hardware that came with the plane but mostly because I just HATE phillips screws. ...
Great minds? There is not a single Philips in my Mini. I replaced everything with hex screws.

Stiff flaps....
Mine too. They loosen up after a while. I didn't worry too much about it as the plane flew and landed well. Probably had about 65ish degrees of deployment. 68 flights so far.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:23 PM
camss69

When setting a fuel filter vertically is it better to have the flow going up or down? Output from the filter on the top or bottom?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:28 PM
Dansy

Up.....
Old 11-28-2018, 07:07 PM
tucson

Default T1 mini

Has anyone ever tried to put a lite coat of vaseline in our electric brakes to prevent them from grabbing and locking.
i am runing out of ideas short of buying the xicoy controller with a gyro. One brake always grabs harder and i wind up with embarrassing stops that want to swerve.
It is taking the fun away from flying this airplane for me.
stan
Old 11-28-2018, 09:38 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by tucson
Has anyone ever tried to put a lite coat of vaseline in our electric brakes to prevent them from grabbing and locking.
i am runing out of ideas short of buying the xicoy controller with a gyro. One brake always grabs harder and i wind up with embarrassing stops that want to swerve.
It is taking the fun away from flying this airplane for me.
stan
This was actually suggested to me today as well, not Vaseline but the grease they use for the o-ring pneumatic brakes.

I have another question, when using festo fittings that are threaded on one side, do I just use the little gasket that came with them on the threaded side? I don’t have to Hysol them do I?

Last edited by camss69; 11-29-2018 at 05:23 AM.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:35 PM
tucson

Never used a festo that was threaded on one side so i am not familiar with them.
as far as using vaseline or something similar there must be someone on this thread who has had that experience .
Old 11-29-2018, 05:42 AM
Dansy

I used a lot of those screw type Festo.....just tight them up.....no Vaseline or grease required......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.