Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM
F1 Rocket

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by tucson View Post
i am running both rec batteries through a dsm 10 (jeti). I question if it will be alright to use one of those battery for gear and brakes.
We run aux devices (gear/brakes/lights etc) off one of the RX packs in many airplanes. Never been an issue.

Danny
Old 12-03-2018, 05:56 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by F1 Rocket View Post

We run aux devices (gear/brakes/lights etc) off one of the RX packs in many airplanes. Never been an issue.

Danny
Humm even the JP Retract?

I always do the same thing using the #2 battery, but in this case since we replacedwill replace the controller......it create another problem the voltage of a 2s is too high for the gear electric motor...at least that’s what we are told and I tend to believe it’s truth...

With the Xicoy LG15 Controller.....

Last edited by Dansy; 12-03-2018 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 05:59 PM
Dansy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

i am running both rec batteries through a dsm 10 (jeti). I question if it will be alright to use one of those battery for gear and brakes.
Ďthe DSM10 doesnít regulated the voltage just a good switch for dual batteryís, I use the same on the mini.....I will try to check the voltage this week....been busy, as it stand I wouldnít do it without testing with a voltmeter
Old 12-03-2018, 06:21 PM
F1 Rocket

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post

Humm even the JP Retract?

I always do the same thing using the #2 battery, but in this case since we replacedwill replace the controller......it create another problem the voltage of a 2s is too high for the gear electric motor...at least thatís what we are told and I tend to believe itís truth...

With the Xicoy LG15 Controller.....
Well..... not the JP gear that comes with the Mini T One so please heed the manufacturers advise. The JP gear on the Joker has been ok on 2s LiPo power.

Danny
Old 12-03-2018, 06:24 PM
Dansy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The JP brake tend to lockup’s and are far from proportional hence the reason I will try the Xicoy LG15 Gear/brakes controller.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:24 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The stock JP controller does have a regulator thatís why itís rated for 2cell Lipo. This is also why the cable connecting the JP to your receiver should have the power wire cut and only a signal wire for retracts. It could back feed 2 cell Lipo into your receiver. This might have been changed on later J P stuff.

Xicoy is is a pass through no regulator. Only use 2 cell LIFE and your good.
Old 12-04-2018, 03:29 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Dansy View Post
The JP brake tend to lockupís and are far from proportional hence the reason I will try the Xicoy LG15 Gear/brakes controller.

i added just the Xicoy brake controller works great. No need to change the gear controller.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:41 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

The output voltage on one of my JP controllers is 7.5 volts with a 2S Lipo on the input. The first mini I had with the LG15 ran the retracts fine with a 2S Lipo, no problems after 26 flights. The second mini I did the same setup and burned up a couple of retract motors until I figured out the 7.5v output of the JP controller. Iím running 2 x 2S LiPos for the receiver/servos, from one of these two batteries I run a line to the LG15 with a small 10 Amp CC regulator set to 7.5v. I do it this way because it donít want to add another battery. -Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 07:42 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Xicoy brake controller

Originally Posted by Bob_B View Post

i added just the Xicoy brake controller works great. No need to change the gear controller.
bob i also added just the xicoy brake controller.
while it did helpwith the locki ng up of the brakes it did not help with one brake being stronger than the other. So the problem i had of stopping in a straight line was still there.
this is why i elected to go with the lg-15. I M in the process of setting it up.
after watching Tom's video of his straight landing
and what he had to say iii am going to try the lg15.
Old 12-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I had to do some playing around with the settings in the LG15 to get it dialed in, if there is interest I'm happy to post my configuration settings to give you a good place to start. - Tom
Old 12-04-2018, 08:55 AM
tucson
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Lg-15

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I had to do some playing around with the settings in the LG15 to get it dialed in, if there is interest I'm happy to post my configuration settings to give you a good place to start. - Tom
that would be great Tom. I just started making new leads, but to be honest i haven't gotten into it yet, and it does look confusing.
stan
Old 12-04-2018, 12:25 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

For anyone interested, hereís the best pic I could get of those Fuel Hose Zip Ties I ordered earlier. This is 4mm fuel line on a barbed fitting, it looks pretty good to me no perceptible pinch point or gap that I can see and I zipped it down as tight as I could get it. These are the 4Ē zip ties and it looks like the 4mm line is about as small as you would want to go. The 6mm stuff is even better being slightly larger.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:52 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

that would be great Tom. I just started making new leads, but to be honest i haven't gotten into it yet, and it does look confusing.
stan
It was nice talking with you today Stan. After our discussion today I realized that I could just save the config from the LG to a file and email it to you if you want. That way all you have to do is load the config file and you'll be in a good starting point. Let me know and I will send you my config file.

I created a new thread on the Jet forum for the setup of the LG15: Xicoy - LG15 Gyro Controlled Brakes

I figured we were deviating a little too much from the T-1 mini by going too deep into the settings of the LG15 here. Anyway, I posted some pics of my configuration is the Xicoy LG15 thread. I have not yet posted the portion for the gear door sequencing, I'll do that part tomorrow evening, it looks far more intimidating than it really is. -Tom

Last edited by Tip22v; 12-05-2018 at 06:57 PM.
Old 12-15-2018, 10:46 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I pulled the magnets out of mine today and the brakes more linear and donít require 3/4 activation before they engage as before. Definitely a mod worth the time IMO.
Old Yesterday, 11:36 AM
T3chDad

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Flight # mid-60s. Edited from one continuous flight shoot. Not my best landing, but took the points for the Fast and Furious drift. Not bad for this being the first time my friend used this camera. I hope you enjoy it.