Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Old 03-13-2018, 12:45 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Anyone notice that the electronic gear will kill a pack if left plugged in? I have a separate battery for the smoke pump and gear with no switch.... its taking the packs to the low voltage cut off... didn't want to put a switch in, but guess I'll have to.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:54 PM
VK96

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Tip22v View Post
I've got my two 2600 mah Fromeco LI-ion batteries and my 2100 mah Life battery mounted to the rear top of the fuel tank, which results in my CG located on the aft side of the wing tube, which is about 200mm from where the wing attaches to the fuselage. Are you measuring your 209 where the wing attaches to the fuselage or where the wing molds into the fuselage?
Wing to fuse, not mould
Old 03-14-2018, 09:41 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by VK96 View Post
Wing to fuse, not mould
I give up trying to figure out why there is so much variation in the measured CG. If I compare just my nose wheel weight and main gear weights to your nose wheel weight and main gear weights it is obvious that my aircraft CG is farther back than yours, and based on how mine flew mine feels a little tail heavy. I'm going to move my two Fromeco receiver batteries forward and leave the turbine battery over the fuel tank and fly it again. Thanks for the help!

Last edited by Tip22v; 03-14-2018 at 09:53 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 09:58 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by DrScoles View Post
Anyone notice that the electronic gear will kill a pack if left plugged in? I have a separate battery for the smoke pump and gear with no switch.... its taking the packs to the low voltage cut off... didn't want to put a switch in, but guess I'll have to.
Is it draining the battery between flights or over night? I always unplug my batteries after flying for the day, have not noticed any drainage that you describe when plugged in while at the field. I run my gear off of one of my receiver batteries, I don't have a smoke pump in this jet.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:49 PM
jesse2357
My Feedback: (2)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It's the brakes that drain the power. Same thing happens on my Avanti mini when I leave them plugged in over night.
Old 03-14-2018, 02:15 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by jesse2357 View Post
It's the brakes that drain the power. Same thing happens on my Avanti mini when I leave them plugged in over night.
You mean when you leave your brake ON or Off?

I have 2 planes with these JP controller and I tap #2 RX battery...the reason I'm concerned
Old 03-14-2018, 02:29 PM
LewisE1

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I have jp retracts in my carf joker and I have noticed this to, seems ok at the field for the day, but if left after flying then it does drain the battery
Old 03-14-2018, 05:58 PM
Dansy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Ok Guy's good to know, Thank you
Old 03-15-2018, 07:48 PM
jesse2357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was referring to when the plane is off and the batteries are still plugged in
Old 03-16-2018, 03:46 AM
Dansy

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I was referring to when the plane is off and the batteries are still plugged in
understood that way...
Old 03-16-2018, 02:45 PM
jesse2357

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Well finally got mine back in after turbine issues. I upgraded to the k85. flys great with it. Much more authority then the 70. a little tweaking and she'll be ready for the season. It's funny I had the K70 mounted behind the former the K85 is mounted in font of the former. The tail cone of the 85 I have at 25mm from the start of the pipe. The balance came out exactly the same. I did notice that I balance at 205 header only but when I fill both main and smoke tank (fuel only) I'm a pound nose heavy at the nose wheel.
Old 03-16-2018, 03:55 PM
VK96

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I did notice that I balance at 205 header only but when I fill both main and smoke tank (fuel only) I'm a pound nose heavy at the nose wheel.
Noticed the same thing...Main tank fuel quantity has a a pretty significant effect on CG.
Old 03-17-2018, 04:17 AM
Joe1199

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Maidened my mini last week, I have my CG at 200mm (UAT full) in the rear of the wing tube, 2x 1300mah lipos over the nose wheel and 1x 3s 2100mah life over the tank.
flies really well on the K70, might turn down landing flaps a bit from 70mm, needs a lot of down elevator when they are down although the plane does fly well at high and low speed

Strange all the CG variation but I thought mine flew well at 200mm, i also have a powerbox Mercury at the front and the turbine just before the former.

Last edited by Joe1199; 03-17-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-19-2018, 08:55 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I flew mine for the second time this past weekend, it feels much better now. I moved my two flight batteries from over the tank to over the nose gear, I left the 2100 LiFe turbine battery over the tank. I'm also using a Mercury SRS so my setup is very similar to Joe1199 above. It requires just a hare of down elevator when inverted early in the flight, pretty much neutral towards the end of the flight. I flew my big T-1 right before I flew my T-1 mini and they both feel the same except the mini is much more sensitive in the roll axis. Speedwise, my mini with a K85 feels faster than my T-1 with a KT 140, but I have not substantiated that with GPS/Radar numbers yet. Smaller aircraft usually feel faster to me so it could just be my perception of the speeds.
Old 03-19-2018, 11:03 AM
Joe1199

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Tip22v, where would you say your CG is on the wing tube now you have moved your batteries? Similar to the picture above? Or further forward now you have adjusted balance
Old 03-19-2018, 12:02 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Joe1199 View Post
Tip22v, where would you say your CG is on the wing tube now you have moved your batteries? Similar to the picture above? Or further forward now you have adjusted balance
With my rx batteries moved over the nose wheel my CG is 75mm in front of the line between the main gear struts, which is about 182mm on your ruler or slightly forward of the center of the wing tube. I've used two different Xicoy CG computers to verify my numbers and I still can't figure out how folks are getting 200mm without putting all batteries over the fuel tank. What I do know is that when I had all my batteries over the fuel tank my CG measured 199mm (aft side of wing tube, just as your ruler is placed) and it flew a little tail heavy for my taste. I've only been flying turbines for six years so I'm relatively new to them comparatively, plus I fly at a field that is relatively small compared to other fields so I find myself making tight turns fairly often, which can be disastrous in a swept wing, with lots of elevator throw and a CG that is more neutral because you can easily get the wing into high angle of attack and stall even at mid throttle or more. This almost happened to me twice on the maiden of my mini. Fortunately, moving the batteries forward has helped out immensely and my second flight was much more fun!
Are you using a CG computer? if so, can you post a picture of weights on your mains and nose wheel? I'm curious as to how your weights compare to mine?
Old 04-01-2018, 12:19 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I got two more flights on the T-1 Mini yesterday. After the CG changes, and some further tweaking of the aileron throws and down elevator with full flaps she is now flying almost exactly like my larger T-1. Yesterday I flew both my mini and my bigger T-1 back-to-back multiple times and I can hardly notice any difference in their handling and flight characteristics. The T-1 mini definitely seems faster than the full T-1 but I have not measured the speeds empirically so it might just be my perception. I am very impressed with the fuel economy on the K-85, both flights were just over five minutes and I landed with just over half a tank, I'm confident I could have flown another two - three minutes with plenty of reserve. I'm still fighting the asymmetrical braking as our runway is not very long. I ran a test on the factory retracts and the cutoff amperage looks to be about 0.4 to 0.5 amps. Sometime soon I'm planning to switch out the factory controller for a Xicoy gyro assist controller I purchased a few weeks ago. If anyone has already done this I would appreciate your feedback on your settings and how well it's working (or not working).

I'm done talking about where the CG measures out to be, what I can say definitively is that if you put your two receiver batteries over the nose wheel and your turbine battery over the fuel tank you'll be close on the CG, you can then tweak from there based on your personal preference.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:16 AM
VK96

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Sometime soon I'm planning to switch out the factory controller for a Xicoy gyro assist controller I purchased a few weeks ago.
Glad to hear she's flying well for ya! Interesting you mention the Xicoy controller (GS-200 I presume). I have them in both my Ultra Flash's and LOVE them. I was wondering if they would be compatible with the JP gear. I think the JP brakes are decent, but having the ability to adjust each side independently (as well as the gyro NWS and differential braking) provide superior ground handing. Especially if you're operating out of a tight strip. Please let us know how yo make out!
Old 04-02-2018, 04:59 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yes, the GS-200, I have one in my T-1 and Iit works well. Changing over to the GS-200 is going to be a PIA because I will have to solder all new connectors for the brakes and retracts. I bought a couple of spare retract motors from PRCJ, I figure the worst that can happen is burning up a motor, Iím gone to set the cutoff amperage to .5 (lowest setting possible) and give it a try.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:25 PM
Midas D.

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Just out of curiosity,

How are the JP gears holding up so far?

As specially those used off grass??

Thanks,

Ed
Old 04-03-2018, 02:18 AM
VK96

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Changing over to the GS-200 is going to be a PIA because I will have to solder all new connectors for the brakes and retracts.
You should be able to slide the metal connectors out of the existing plugs and slide them into "JR" style connectors for the GS-200. Keep us posted!

BTW I emailed Electron to see if they had tried the GS-200 with the JP gear...got the "out of office for Easter" reply. Will post when I hear back with any info.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:48 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Good idea removing the pins, Iíll give that a try.
I asked Gaspar the same question regarding the JP gear, he replied saying he had not done anything with the JP gear and GS200. He also said the cutoff amperage was likely less than 1 amp.
Old 04-03-2018, 05:51 AM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Midas D. View Post
Just out of curiosity,

How are the JP gears holding up so far?

As specially those used off grass??

Thanks,

Ed
iím operating from a small asphalt strip, after four flights the gear show no sign of wear, one of my landings was in the grass.
Old 04-03-2018, 07:13 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by DrScoles View Post
FWIW, I have one plane with electric gear and it will kill the pack if I leave the gear plugged in when I store the airplane (no switch). Does not have electric brakes, just gear. I just have to make a habit of unplugging that pack when I put it away.
Old 04-07-2018, 03:56 PM
Tip22v

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by VK96 View Post
Glad to hear she's flying well for ya! Interesting you mention the Xicoy controller (GS-200 I presume). I have them in both my Ultra Flash's and LOVE them. I was wondering if they would be compatible with the JP gear. I think the JP brakes are decent, but having the ability to adjust each side independently (as well as the gyro NWS and differential braking) provide superior ground handing. Especially if you're operating out of a tight strip. Please let us know how yo make out!
I was finally able to swap out the JP controller for the Xicoy GS-200 controller. I set the cutoff amperage to .5, the lowest it would go, and it seems to be working well. I have cycled the gear at least six times with no issues to note. Just pushing the jet around in the driveway I can tell the gyro is working well to keep the braking even, will report out again once I try this out at the field under power. The GS-200 and JP controller seem to weight about the same so I don't expect any significant changes in CG. Unfortunately, the weather up here in the Northwest is not looking good for at least the next 10 days so I won't get to fly it for a while.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service