Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 02:35 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
Nice job on the assembly manual! Dirk just sent it to me, thanks!
Thanks! I hope it helps!

Originally Posted by DepecheMode101
Assembly manual????
Next post!
Old 09-29-2018, 02:52 AM
T3chDad

Default ***Attention*** Official Manual

Hot off of the press! I just finished the official build guide for the T-1 Mini. Dirk says it is plenty applicable to the T-1 and T-3 as well. Please enjoy...I hope it helps with your builds! Due to the 5MB limit of attachments here, a reduced quality PDF was needed to stay under that limit. I will host the original PDF on my web site until PRCJ gets it up on their site.

Attached PDF 4.0MB
Original PDF 5.7MB - http://t3chdad.com/downloads/T-1 Mini Instructions.pdf

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
T-1 Mini Instructions.pdf (4.04 MB, 644 views)
Old 09-29-2018, 10:54 AM
DepecheMode101
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Amazing thank you for your hard work.
Old 09-29-2018, 02:28 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Is there something better to use for spacing the servos other than the supplied plywood spacers and stacking washers? The plywood spacers are compressing on me.

Looking at peoples builds, some are putting the ball link on the surface side and some on the servo side, does it matter? I was going ball link on the servo side and clevis on the surface side.
Old 09-29-2018, 03:00 PM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Thanks! Will apply to my T-1.
Old 09-30-2018, 04:47 AM
T3chDad

Is there something better to use for spacing the servos other than the supplied plywood spacers and stacking washers? The plywood spacers are compressing on me.

Looking at peoples builds, some are putting the ball link on the surface side and some on the servo side, does it matter? I was going ball link on the servo side and clevis on the surface side.
Lowe's and Home Depot have some nylon and metal spacers. You can also use a nut that's slightly bigger than the screw or drill it out. I had some thick-walled Aluminum tube that I got from my LHS and I usually cut spacers from that.
Old 10-01-2018, 06:12 AM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Anybody have a full fuel ready to fly weight with a k85 that you can share?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by airborn900
Mine is 20 lbs 10 oz full of fuel ready to fly (no smoke system).
Tom
Old 10-01-2018, 12:11 PM
Tip22v

I put the clevis' on the servo side so I don't have to Dremel out the opening where the servo arm extends through.
Old 10-01-2018, 02:48 PM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Mine is 20 lbs 10 oz full of fuel ready to fly (no smoke system).
Tom
thanks.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:50 PM
DemonDean
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wooden Spacers

A tip from one of buddies that built one of the first T1s. Soak the wooden spacers in CA. Let them set to cure. The spacers will harden up real nice.
Dean
Old 10-01-2018, 05:44 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Tip22v

Had a bad day this past weekend and lost one of my T-1 minis, fortunately I still have my other T-1 Mini and regular T-1 to fly while I morn the loss of this baby. I've been flying turbines for just under seven years (~1000 flights) and this is my first loss, so I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. Initially I suspected some kind of flight control malfunction (servo, radio, gyro) but after watching the video (frame by frame) I'm convinced this accident was the result of a good ol' fashion stall. This was flight number 27 for this airframe but my first time shooting an approach from the north (rather than the south) with this particular jet. Because the approach from the north is much shorter than the approach from the south I rolled off the throttle about mid-way through the base leg with flaps full down, when I rolled out onto final I did not have the aircraft in a nose slightly low attitude to maintain airspeed, shortly after rolling out on final the right wing dipped very rapidly and the aircraft changed direction 90 deg to the right. I immediately went to full throttle in an effort to recover but the aircraft went behind some trees and I lost visual contact. At that point I cut the throttle and started the walk of shame. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the aircraft in the above condition, I expected much worse. Based on impact it looks like I was able to mostly level the aircraft before it hit the ground. The airframe is obviously a total loss, but all of the electronics are unharmed. The retracts are fine except for a bent pin on the nose gear. I will send the turbine back to Dirk for a complete inspection but the turbine does not even have a scratch on it.
My take-away from this event is: be very mindful of your nose attitude when you have the flaps all the way down and the throttle at idle, these jets will bleed energy very rapidly, and they will stall with no warning.

So now the big question is, order another T-1 mini or the new F-16?
I finally decided on the new airframe, it was a tough decision but I decided to go with the Mini rather than the F16. This was mostly because our field is small and I’m not sure how the F16 would do. This will be my third T1 mini build, should go faster than the first two. In the meantime, I’m hoping for gMed net wx this fall so I can fly my other T1s.
Old 10-02-2018, 12:03 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DemonDean

A tip from one of buddies that built one of the first T1s. Soak the wooden spacers in CA. Let them set to cure. The spacers will harden up real nice.
Dean
That’s a great idea! Thanks!

Another question, when setting throws are you setting them at the widest part of the surface?

So I’d be setting throws of 20mm up and down for aileron at the widest point of the aileron, at the end closest to the fuse?

Old 10-02-2018, 02:19 PM
T3chDad

Another question, when setting throws are you setting them at the widest part of the surface?

So I’d be setting throws of 20mm up and down for aileron at the widest point of the aileron, at the end closest to the fuse?
To be honest, this is the first aircraft in hundreds that I measured throws. I measured each control surface to the corner of the adjacent fixed part of the flying surface. I used calipers set at the recommended distance and adjusted throws in the radio based on the calipers. I deviated from the manufacturer-recommended throws when it came to rudder. On rudder, I set the maximum throw that could be achieved mechanically without binding.

I hope that makes sense.

Last edited by T3chDad; 10-02-2018 at 02:25 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 02:17 PM
T3chDad

Originally Posted by T3chDad
From front to back of the wing tube, I'm about 1/4 the tube's diameter from the front. I'll post pictures of my CG and internal placement when I can.
Sorry...I completely forgot to post the pics as promised. I have been progressively moving my CG back and right now I'm flying at 205mm and it's just about perfect for me. My last six flights were at 205mm I don't think I'll move it from there.

Old 10-05-2018, 10:05 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

That’s a great idea! Thanks!

widest / root
Old 10-08-2018, 03:54 AM
T3chDad

Originally Posted by airborn900
I was really curious too. I weighed mine today at the field. (no smoke system)
Dry: 17lbs 5oz (7.85Kg)
Wet: 20lbs 14oz (9.5Kg)

I think I've finalized my internal arrangements for CG. My CG is currently at 205mm. I've replaced all MPX connectors except going into the redundancy box with Anderson Power Poles. I'm much happier now, because I wound up hating MPX with a passion.

Old 10-15-2018, 08:34 AM
tucson

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default T one mini

Here is a photo of the web in front of the tanks.
Because i have put a smoke system in my mini i am having a difficult time on where to place the batteries in order to reach the 200 mm balance point.
the ecu battery is going on top of the wing tube.
that leaves really no room as to where to place the two radio batteries.
because of all the fuel and vent lines infront of both fuel tanks i cannot put those batteries in front of the tanks.
any suggestions including a picture would be very helpful.
Stan

Last edited by tucson; 10-15-2018 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Picture
Old 10-15-2018, 09:42 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by tucson

Here is a photo of the web in front of the tanks.
Because i have put a smoke system in my mini i am having a difficult time on where to place the batteries in order to reach the 200 mm balance point.
the ecu battery is going on top of the wing tube.
that leaves really no room as to where to place the two radio batteries.
because of all the fuel and vent lines infront of both fuel tanks i cannot put those batteries in front of the tanks.
any suggestions including a picture would be very helpful.
Stan
Just velcroe them to the side of the fuselage. Make sure you put some CA on the side that is on the fuse just to make sure it sticks good.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:50 AM
markusvt

Mine are beside the tank.
Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM
tucson

When you say beside the tank, do you mean back between the tank and the fuse side?
Old 10-15-2018, 10:21 AM
markusvt

Yes, one on each side. Tight in there but they fit.
Old 10-15-2018, 11:10 AM
tucson

How did you attach them? was it to the tank or fuse side.
i guess i could wrap them in foam and jam them inbetween the tank and fuse.
what do you think?
where did you put your ecu battery?
thank you for your input.
Old 10-15-2018, 01:20 PM
markusvt

I put my turbine on one side, and both my RX on the other with a small spot of Velcro, works perfect.
Old 10-15-2018, 03:55 PM
T3chDad

Originally Posted by markusvt
I put my turbine on one side, and both my RX on the other with a small spot of Velcro, works perfect.
I'm going to check on this. I find myself wanting to go to 210mm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.