Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2019, 06:06 PM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I parallel charge my receiver packs in all my jets with out issues. All are kingtech LIFE batts.

I use 2 ISTD charges. One for both receivers and the other for the ECU.
Old 01-06-2019, 09:42 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by T3chDad
My typical engine run time is a little over 8min with a timed flight of 7 min (gear-up to gear-down). I typically have about 20oz left in the tank.
You’re running a K85 and just the main tank correct? You’re not using the smoke tank for fuel?

Mine is finally ready to maiden, took the rainy weekend this weekend and finished it up. I’m not too worried about any aspect of flight but when I’m setting up for landing what throttle setting roughly am I going to be at on base leg and final at full flaps? I’m running the recommended flap settings of 45 and 65mm. Am I going to be carrying power on final or am I going to be at idle. I will have plenty of jet buddies there for the maiden just wondering what to expect.
Old 01-07-2019, 05:53 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by camss69
You’re running a K85 and just the main tank correct? You’re not using the smoke tank for fuel?
Correct...

Mine is finally ready to maiden, took the rainy weekend this weekend and finished it up. I’m not too worried about any aspect of flight but when I’m setting up for landing what throttle setting roughly am I going to be at on base leg and final at full flaps? I’m running the recommended flap settings of 45 and 65mm. Am I going to be carrying power on final or am I going to be at idle. I will have plenty of jet buddies there for the maiden just wondering what to expect.
Once I'm at full flaps with gear down, My throttle is typically about 1/3-1/2. I'm going to idle pretty much as I make my last turn to line up with the runway and she glides in. Sometimes I have to add just a touch or bump of power at the very end to keep it nice and smooth.
Old 01-07-2019, 06:05 AM
camss69

Perfect, thanks!
Old 01-07-2019, 06:36 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

[left]
Correct...

Once I'm at full flaps with gear down, My throttle is typically about 1/3-1/2. I'm going to idle pretty much as I make my last turn to line up with the runway and she glides in. Sometimes I have to add just a touch or bump of power at the very end to keep it nice and smooth.

+1
Old 01-08-2019, 04:31 AM
LewisE1

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What size servos does the model take ? and any recommendations? macgregor midi come to mind
Old 01-08-2019, 06:01 AM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by LewisE1
What size servos does the model take ? and any recommendations? macgregor midi come to mind
I’m using Savox 1250 in one of my minis, using MKS HV747 in the other. -Tom
Old 01-08-2019, 06:17 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I’m using HV737 on ailerons/elevator’s and Steering and HV747 on rudder and flaps...
Old 01-08-2019, 06:54 AM
LewisE1

cheers for the info, does anyone own the T1 2m and mini and how do they compare in flying performance ? I am assuming the mini just feels a bit fast in flight and landing
Old 01-08-2019, 07:31 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

They fly pretty well the same......
Old 01-09-2019, 02:45 PM
Tip22v

I have a regular T1 and two T1 minis, they all fly about the same as long as you set the throws and CG proportionally the same. The mini does not feel faster during landing to me, it does feel a little faster around the traffic pattern but that's probably just because its smaller in size. Also, they both flair about the same during the landing. My T1 is about 36lbs full of fuel at take-off with a K160, both of my minis are just shy of 21lbs full of fuel, both have K85.
Old 01-10-2019, 10:51 AM
LewisE1

Thanks for the replies, anyone using a vt80 ? Do they fit ok ? The new 70 looks like a good choice to
Old 01-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Larrythelathe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perfect.turbine for it. Swap!
Old 01-11-2019, 04:34 PM
camss69

Happy to report I had two successful flights including the maiden today. Two clicks of right and one click of down was all it took. Flys very similar to the warbird race planes I’ve flown. I was expecting more speed with the 85 but after I landed people said it was hauling *****. It always seems slower when you’re the pilot I’ve noticed. CG seemed fine to me at 206 I don’t have any intentions to change it for now. I would have flown more but everybody was ready to go since it was cold and there was a breeze. Overall very happy!

I am going to change out the factory ball links, too much slop.

Last edited by camss69; 01-11-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:14 PM
T3chDad

Happy to report I had two successful flights including the maiden today. Two clicks of right and one click of down was all it took. Flys very similar to the warbird race planes I’ve flown. I was expecting more speed with the 85 but after I landed people said it was hauling *****. It always seems slower when you’re the pilot I’ve noticed. CG seemed fine to me at 206 I don’t have any intentions to change it for now. I would have flown more but everybody was ready to go since it was cold and there was a breeze. Overall very happy!

Congratulations on your success! Good job!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:56 PM
camss69

Congratulations on your success! Good job!
Thanks, your posts were very helpful!
Old 01-11-2019, 09:58 PM
firehawkzach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the maiden today! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. It's good to hear that the CG is good for a large range. I haven't touched mine in a week..... Did you get any videos?
Old 01-11-2019, 10:13 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by firehawkzach
Congrats on the maiden today! I'm so glad to hear everything went well. It's good to hear that the CG is good for a large range. I haven't touched mine in a week..... Did you get any videos?
Thanks! No vids unfortunately, we had two maidens today, mine and my buddies so we had a lot going on. Hopefully next time out I’ll get something.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Tip22v

Congrats on the maiden! I flew mine a few times this past weekend and after reviewing the log file (Jeti) the max speed I attained was only 193km/hr (~125mph). Like you, I felt it was not that fast but the crowd said the same as your crowd (they thought it was fast). I did not do any full throttle passes so I'm sure mine is capable of more speed, however I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze 150 mph (straight and level). I've seen others post much higher speeds and I am not sure how they are getting speeds in the 180mph range, in a shallow dive maybe? Tom
Old 01-14-2019, 01:10 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Congrats on the maiden! I flew mine a few times this past weekend and after reviewing the log file (Jeti) the max speed I attained was only 193km/hr (~125mph). Like you, I felt it was not that fast but the crowd said the same as your crowd (they thought it was fast). I did not do any full throttle passes so I'm sure mine is capable of more speed, however I'm thinking I might be able to squeeze 150 mph (straight and level). I've seen others post much higher speeds and I am not sure how they are getting speeds in the 180mph range, in a shallow dive maybe? Tom
A lot of the speeds people post are GPS maximums. GPS averages over a time are pretty good but the max speed at one time can get caught by an error. Example, if you are flying a north heading and it reads you 20 feet further south than actual and a second later the next reading is 20 feet to the north of actual you will get an erroneous max speed reading. Again, an average over 30 seconds or a minute will be pretty accurate but if you are landing and getting a max speed reading that is just from a couple data points it will be erroneous.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:14 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
A lot of the speeds people post are GPS maximums. GPS averages over a time are pretty good but the max speed at one time can get caught by an error. Example, if you are flying a north heading and it reads you 20 feet further south than actual and a second later the next reading is 20 feet to the north of actual you will get an erroneous max speed reading. Again, an average over 30 seconds or a minute will be pretty accurate but if you are landing and getting a max speed reading that is just from a couple data points it will be erroneous.
Makes sense, I’ll be adding gps to mine at some point, I’m not too concerned with how fast it will go but might as well find out what she will do. It should be pretty easy to tell if there’s a glitch causing an erroneous reading with the Jeti data logging. I’d like to do other things first like get the gyro dialed in..
Old 01-14-2019, 01:19 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Makes sense, I’ll be adding gps to mine at some point, I’m not too concerned with how fast it will go but might as well find out what she will do. It should be pretty easy to tell if there’s a glitch causing an erroneous reading with the Jeti data logging. I’d like to do other things first like get the gyro dialed in..
I have air speed on all my jets. I honestly don't know even how accurate that is. I mainly use it for appraoch and landing. I really don't care how accurate as long as repeatable. I find stall and then set my approach speed accordingly. If my stall reading is 40mph and it is really 35 or 45 I don't care as long as I get the same reading every time. If I want to know how fast my plane is I get out the radar gun and do upwind and downwind passes.
Old 01-14-2019, 04:41 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
I have air speed on all my jets. I honestly don't know even how accurate that is. I mainly use it for appraoch and landing. I really don't care how accurate as long as repeatable. I find stall and then set my approach speed accordingly. If my stall reading is 40mph and it is really 35 or 45 I don't care as long as I get the same reading every time. If I want to know how fast my plane is I get out the radar gun and do upwind and downwind passes.
I agree that GPS speed is not reliable when looking for instantaneous speed, that's why I reviewed the log to see what speeds were being logged over time. I also typically use a radar gun, it will be interesting to compare my radar gun readings to the GPS speed. Thanks for the insight. -Tom
Old 01-15-2019, 06:33 PM
T3chDad

Celebrating 100 flights tonight.

Old 01-17-2019, 02:01 PM
Tip22v

Congrats!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.