Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Is TamJets still around?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is TamJets still around?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2017, 09:09 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Yes

Remember.....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pipe nazi.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	2243341  
Old 11-02-2017, 09:11 AM
Shaun Evans

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It'd be nice if he would post that or at least let his customers know that, rather than doing the 'run silent, run deep' thing and forcing them to have to file claims/disputes to get their money back.

I heard his suppliers weren't extending any more credit. I know Charles (from Y/A) was owed thousands and finally gave up trying to get it, so that scenario doesn't seem too hard to believe. Either way, there's ex-customers chiming in right here saying they'd have waited til the cows came home if he would have just been courteous enough to communicate.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:27 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by mr_matt
Remember.....

Haha, AWESOME
Old 11-04-2017, 11:21 PM
cactusflyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Shaun.......just stop, this pissing match has been going on longer than RCU has been around. That facts are Tam has no respect for you and you have been all ass hurt over it for 10+ years..
Old 11-05-2017, 12:47 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Take the parties involved out of the picture.. Is Tam accepting orders and taking money for things on his website? Is he shipping them out? Because that's all that matters.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:11 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by cactusflyer
Shaun.......just stop, this pissing match has been going on longer than RCU has been around. That facts are Tam has no respect for you and you have been all ass hurt over it for 10+ years..

Hello,

The lack of respect thing is mutual, but I don't think it's a 'pissing match' as you call it. I also don't think my personal distaste for him (which, coincidentally, began with him ripping me off and lying about it (then sicking guys like you on me) when I called him out all those many years ago, hehe) has anything to do with this. Maybe you're right, though..... maybe it's my being *****-hurt that's forcing Tam to stiff his suppliers; stiff his customers; take peoples' money on a Paypal-only site for crap he doesn't have and doesn't intend to ship; and so-on. Maybe it's my posterior discomfort that's got him lurking in the forums, viewing these discussions but lacking the 'man-uptitude' to come on and apologize for 'borrowing' all these guys' Paypal money (or explain why he's still doing it weeks after being called out for it by the aforementioned ripped-off parties and little ol' butt-hurt me). Maybe I'll get up and go get some Preparation-H and then I'm sure suddenly Tam will come on here and explain himself--then make good on those guys still 'waiting this out' whose money he's hanging onto..... interest-free. Yep, I'm sure once the Tucks pads kick in, guys like you will stop coming on here and pretending that this is about anything other than a scammer scamming. Admit it--if it wasn't your friend doing this, what would you call what he's doing? If it walks like a duck and it quacks like a duck and it looks like a duck..... it's cuz Shaun's butt-hurt. LOL! BTW, you come on here with "Shaun, just stop." I'm curious--did you call Tam and tell him to 'just stop' and take his site down or at least put an announcement on it?

Nice try, though.
Old 11-05-2017, 06:12 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
Take the parties involved out of the picture.. Is Tam accepting orders and taking money for things on his website? Is he shipping them out? Because that's all that matters.

Pre. Cise. Ly.
Old 11-05-2017, 08:35 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Everyone needs to take it down a notch.
Old 11-05-2017, 02:51 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Doug Cronkhite
+ 1
Old 11-06-2017, 05:54 PM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by ira d
+ 1

The site is updated with "New products for November" Still taking orders for merchandise even his friends admit he doesn't have.

Old 11-06-2017, 07:51 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What baffles me about all this is how can anyone defend Tam in what he is doing, he has told his friends that he is out of the hobby business and into a new career as a handyman but yet he wont post that info on
his site or RCU.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:21 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
The site is updated with "New products for November"
Not defending anyone here but I think that is automated, not necessarily updated in terms of the site being manually modified to deceive. The product listing in that "new products for _____" has been the same for as long as I can remember.

I do agree the site needs to be shut down or have the online payment option disabled. If he wants to provide business on a case-by-case basis, just mark it "please call or email for ordering information."
Old 11-07-2017, 06:47 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Whether you like Tam or not we need to move to the real issue.....where or who will be able to supply pipes?
Old 11-07-2017, 07:10 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

My thoughts exactly Tom!
Old 11-07-2017, 07:28 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by Auburn02
I do agree the site needs to be shut down or have the online payment option disabled. If he wants to provide business on a case-by-case basis, just mark it "please call or email for ordering information."
This would take all of five minutes. That's what I don't understand. He's got time to take calls from his friends and even pop on here and see what's being discussed... but not enough time to update his site and salvage a little bit of his integrity?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:41 PM
Robzylla

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Tam can I just have my 2 failsafes back?
Thanks! Rob
Old 11-09-2017, 07:32 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Shaun we all know how you feel about Tam but enough is enough bro. Let it go and focus on what you have going on. You are supposed to be a rep for ultimate jets so act like it my man.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Kris is right so before it rises to the level of bashing and posts cleanups and moderation actions, lets just move along.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:19 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

From a law enforcement standpoint, if there is actual fraud going on (accepting orders with no intention of filling them) then this is a very relevant conversation and might need to be looked into.

I'm not saying there is or isn't fraud going on, but I would highly incourage anyone who feels they have been defrauded to contact the appropriate authorities.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:38 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Kris is right so before it rises to the level of bashing and posts cleanups and moderation actions, lets just move along.
I couldn't disagree more. Kris is not 'right', and my personal feelings have little to do with what's going on with Tam and far less to do with ME. If you or Kris or anyone else wants to take issue with my FACTS, then fire away.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Shaun Evans

Originally Posted by gunradd
Shaun we all know how you feel about Tam but enough is enough bro. Let it go and focus on what you have going on. You are supposed to be a rep for ultimate jets so act like it my man.
Kris,

Two things: Your attempt at a distraction isn't working. This isn't about ME. We've covered that. My feelings aren't hanging onto the above gentleman's two failsafes, right? Second, while I'm sure you mean well, it's hard for me to read your trying to join the distraction/apologist bandwagon in public given conversations you and I have had in private regarding the person in question. :/

Also, next time I want your sage advice on how to 'act like it', I'll pop up wearing a big white carnation, my man. When UJ starts taking payment for orders even their personal friends acknowledge they can't fill, I'll be the first to call them on it.

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 11-09-2017 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:56 AM
cactusflyer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shaun Evans
I couldn't disagree more. Kris is not 'right', and my personal feelings have little to do with what's going on with Tam and far less to do with ME. If you or Kris or anyone else wants to take issue with my FACTS, then fire away.
Kris, it’s not personal, it’s PUBLIC SERVICE..Kind of like when Shaun went off the rails for a bit and was catching heat on the forum and his wife came on to explain their troubles....as a public service. And everyone put it on pause. Shaun has been providing this kind of “service” for a long time. Too bad Tam does not have someone to come on and explain things.

The hobby has lost too many innovators for a variety of reasons and now it seems all we are left with are “reps”.

Tailwinds,

John
Old 11-09-2017, 12:28 PM
Shaun Evans

John

There are a couple of key differences here. My 'catching heat' for not answering calls or emails because I'm in the ICU on life-support is a far cry from ripping people off .....STILL. Sling all the mud you want... it won't changet the basic facts here. Why not stop blaming me and get your friend to suspend sales on his site? Flame me all you like. I've never ripped anyone off. A couple of the current people out money are friends of MINE so can I be irritated about it now? There's another option for you here, too. Hit 'block' so you don't see my replies or just ignore them. Also, every time you come on here and pretend my past beefs with Tam are the reason he's currently 'innovating' sales on his site now, you're just keeping this going, too.

Last edited by Shaun Evans; 11-09-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:07 PM
TopCat110
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It’s easy to play “peace keeper” when you have no “skin” in the game..

Personally I am one of those friends Shaun has mentioned and I’d like to think he is fighting for me but in truth he is fighting for all of us in the Hobby. Being a nice guy has all of, 100% to do with NOTHING. In the end, as a businessman, are you treating your clients with respect and value? Five, four, hell one year ago I think most of us would give Tam the thumbs up but NOT the case anymore guys. Face up to the reality and stop lashing out at the wrong person here. Tam’s got my money and now I’ve got to spend time and effort at considerable expense to me to recoup it! It’s that simple. As a society we’ve lost the ability to have and show empathy for others.(please don’t get me started on that tirade) Well here is another example of that. I’m out of money and feel like I’ve been taken advantage of. Can you understand that Tam supporters out there in “the magical world is wonderful and all men are good” land?

Stop bashing Shaun he’s just pointing out what we former residents of TMWIWAAMAG” are waking up to realize. That being a nice guy doesn’t give you a pass on stealing my money! So, Tam supporters still living in your dream alter-reality, I’ll move over. There is plenty of room here in the real world for you.

Last edited by TopCat110; 11-09-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 02:19 PM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bashing a guy because he didn't answer the phone while he was on life-support in ICU, my god. What is going on people?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.