Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Anyone thought of using one of these as a build table?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Anyone thought of using one of these as a build table?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2017, 02:35 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Anyone thought of using one of these as a build table?

$350 is steep, but if it made it easier to work on our precious toys... and saved your back and neck???

iMovR ZipLift Standing Desk Converter
Old 10-03-2017, 03:12 PM
SECRET AGENT

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks awful small to be of much use. Or am I missing something?
Old 10-03-2017, 03:38 PM
DrScoles

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Maybe I linked the small one? They have one that is regular desk size. But I I was doing to hold a fuse, I would probably choose the small one. That way i could get closer and not have to lean over. I have the stand that Scott Marr sells, use the angle part all the time.
Old 10-03-2017, 05:14 PM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default work table

We had a bunch of these at work that did not make it to some offices we had planned, so I convinced my boss to let me turn one into a worktable at work for our computer stuff. It has the mdf top that is 29 x 58 and at it's lowest height the table top is about 36" off the floor (have to measure to be sure) but it does make looking down into stuff very easy to work on. i have never worked with it at its highest point but on a airplane it would make life easy to work on a landing gear from underneath etc. I am actually thinking of buying one for home. The table top is almost flat but with a piece of egg crate foam and a piece of nice glass you would have a perfectly flat surface. It is pricey too, but it's great for working on computer stuff which I liken to having to work in a fuse of an airplane. I hate when you have a big plane and wish you could drop your work bench 6 inches to make it easier to see/work in the fuse.

Conset Electric Height Adjustable Desk 501-29 8S 084 | 247ergo.com