Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti assist reciever

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti assist reciever

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2019, 09:22 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I have just come back from a fine winter flying session and at last feel that I can give the Assist a wholehearted endorsement.
I set aside the time to dismantle and re-assemble my Hawker Demon so that I could get at the Assist and update its early firmware to the newer version that includes the "damping only" option. That has stopped Assist from moving the servos to full travel when I have only moved the stick part way, which was what was having a bad effect on the handling. I chose the small acro type of model, left all the suggested gains at default, I went to switch on "damping only" but it was already factory set to ON, and I set a transmitter knob as gain tuning from -100 to +100%. Flying conditions were flat calm, perfect for seeing if any oscillations start, and feeling if the gyro interferes in normal flying. In flight I switched on the gyro and started turning up the gain. I got all the way to +100% and still no oscillations even at the highest possible speed, full throttle diving out from a loop or stall turn - it's not a fast model even in those conditions. The handling felt like there was no gyro present, which is perfect. Even with the gain at max the model responded crisply, as if the gyro causes no expo that I expected it to. Back on the ground I changed the gyro gain knob function curve to a constant type curve and set it to +100% so the tuning knob no longer has any effect, If I rotate the model just a little the control surfaces react with lots of travel, so the high gain is really working. I had a further 3 flights, and the model is handling so sweetly and just how I want it to. Now I can look forward to flying it in windy conditions and finding out how well the gyro smooths out the bumps.