Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetPower Show finished 2017

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetPower Show finished 2017

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2017, 02:58 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts
Default JetPower Show finished 2017

Press release

Friends, benefactors, Exhibitors at the JetPower Fair!

We, the JetPower team, have decided that the JetPower Fair 2017 was our last event. There were a number of factors that played into this:

Naturally the difficult relationship with our permit authorities has been the source of much frustration and disappointment for a long time, but because we were promised greater help from politicians this year we were able to see a solution. Nonetheless, it cannot go unmentioned that the requirements for an event of this size increase year after year, because the responsible authorities shift all liability risk onto the organiser.

The changed space situation at the Bengener Heide caused by the construction of the new hangar showed us this year that it is nearly impossible to continue holding the JetPower Fair there in the same way we have in the past. This starts with the power supply and ends with the now limited parking and camping possibilities. Approximately 3000 m2 of camping space has been replaced by the now necessary, changed set-up area for the tents. This year that resulted in chaos on the camping grounds still available, because many campers - as in previous years, despite corresponding announcements - arrived without registering and were not prepared to leave the space.

We were astonished by the report to the publisher that, as of now, 43 presenters no longer want to come to the Bengener Heide because of the space situation, yet not one of them has spoken with us previously.

15 years of the JetPower Fair also meant 15 years of hard work for the team. Preparations stretch over months, and the week on the airfield is stressful and draining on all involved. We have all become 15 years older, and so it's understandable that many on the team are now simply no longer willing and able. This team has turned the JetPower Fair into a global success over the years, and so not one of its members can be replaced. Not when it comes to technical operations, tent allocation, the flightline, the tills, the campground, nor to cleaning the toilets and showers. The THW, without which JetPower could not have even been organised at all, cannot be forgotten. And only with this team was it possible to hold JetPower for such a long period of time without any major problems and accidents.

That is why, after 15 years, we wish to thank everyone who has supported us and we hope that the JetPower Fair will long be remembered fondly as the world's largest event for model jets.

And one closing remark, for my own purposes:

For 15 years as the organiser of the JetPower Fair, I bore the sole responsibility and personal liability for the event. I cannot and no longer wish to accept this risk that grows with each year, because if I did I would certainly be out of house and home, and I do not know anyone who would be there at my side if that were to happen.

Winnie Ohlgart and the JetPower Team

Where to go from here?

The publisher Modellsport Verlag, who sponsors the JetPower Fair and holds the rights to the name, is currently negotiating to continue holding the fair with a new team and at a new location. It will thus go on by all means, and that is surely the good news for all exhibitors and visitors.
Old 11-09-2017, 03:18 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh no!
(but understand Winnie, he and the team has been doing gigantic work all the years, surely will be missed!)
Old 11-09-2017, 03:49 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch....just sad new. Even more as I missed 2017 which was my 10th anniversary.��

Chatty.
Old 11-09-2017, 07:17 AM
RemoteJets

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Sad news, but can understand it.

If Winfried reads here I want to thank him and his team for all the effort he put in to.
We always were satisfied and looked forward to the next fair.

Also we hope that the sponsor will come up with a new fair on a new location, if so then we will be there!!!!

Grt,
Berto.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:31 AM
Dave Wilshere

I have had contact with the new team and plans are progressing well. Seems that keeping 3rd weekend in September 2018 clear is still valid!
The hope is to post exciting news in the next few days.

Dave
Old 11-09-2017, 08:59 AM
Quandry

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Huge thanks to Winnie and his Jetpower team for providing us such a great show for so many years!!

and also... wishing the new team a lot of luck and success with plans for Jetpower 2.0

Last edited by Quandry; 11-09-2017 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2017, 10:36 AM
JP-1

Received 422 Likes on 355 Posts

Yes, it was a superb event, all the very best to Winfried, and of course every success to the new team.

Alistair
Old 11-09-2017, 11:22 AM
c_makhija

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
I have had contact with the new team and plans are progressing well. Seems that keeping 3rd weekend in September 2018 clear is still valid!
The hope is to post exciting news in the next few days.

Dave
Hope they keep 3rd weekend of September, will the venue be the same, or elsewhere in Europe.

Chatty.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:51 AM
Joe C
My Feedback: (23)

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear this, I always wanted to attend this show. I hope they will find another location!
Old 11-09-2017, 12:49 PM
iiievolution

Hope it continues with the new organizers. It was by far the number 1 jet event in the world and absolutely nothing comes close. Whoever has been, has been. Many Thanks to the organizers for all these absolutely fantastastic events for the past years.

Paul
Old 11-09-2017, 12:58 PM
pavcon

Press release

Friends, benefactors, Exhibitors at the JetPower Fair!

We, the JetPower team, have decided that the JetPower Fair 2017 was our last event. There were a number of factors that played into this:

Naturally the difficult relationship with our permit authorities has been the source of much frustration and disappointment for a long time, but because we were promised greater help from politicians this year we were able to see a solution. Nonetheless, it cannot go unmentioned that the requirements for an event of this size increase year after year, because the responsible authorities shift all liability risk onto the organiser.

The changed space situation at the Bengener Heide caused by the construction of the new hangar showed us this year that it is nearly impossible to continue holding the JetPower Fair there in the same way we have in the past. This starts with the power supply and ends with the now limited parking and camping possibilities. Approximately 3000 m2 of camping space has been replaced by the now necessary, changed set-up area for the tents. This year that resulted in chaos on the camping grounds still available, because many campers - as in previous years, despite corresponding announcements - arrived without registering and were not prepared to leave the space.

We were astonished by the report to the publisher that, as of now, 43 presenters no longer want to come to the Bengener Heide because of the space situation, yet not one of them has spoken with us previously.

15 years of the JetPower Fair also meant 15 years of hard work for the team. Preparations stretch over months, and the week on the airfield is stressful and draining on all involved. We have all become 15 years older, and so it's understandable that many on the team are now simply no longer willing and able. This team has turned the JetPower Fair into a global success over the years, and so not one of its members can be replaced. Not when it comes to technical operations, tent allocation, the flightline, the tills, the campground, nor to cleaning the toilets and showers. The THW, without which JetPower could not have even been organised at all, cannot be forgotten. And only with this team was it possible to hold JetPower for such a long period of time without any major problems and accidents.

That is why, after 15 years, we wish to thank everyone who has supported us and we hope that the JetPower Fair will long be remembered fondly as the world's largest event for model jets.

And one closing remark, for my own purposes:

For 15 years as the organiser of the JetPower Fair, I bore the sole responsibility and personal liability for the event. I cannot and no longer wish to accept this risk that grows with each year, because if I did I would certainly be out of house and home, and I do not know anyone who would be there at my side if that were to happen.

Winnie Ohlgart and the JetPower Team

Where to go from here?

The publisher Modellsport Verlag, who sponsors the JetPower Fair and holds the rights to the name, is currently negotiating to continue holding the fair with a new team and at a new location. It will thus go on by all means, and that is surely the good news for all exhibitors and visitors.
choose Cyprus. Best weather
Old 11-09-2017, 01:00 PM
Dave Wilshere

Yes, same weekend 14-15-16 September. In Germany, but a different venue. Can’t say more yet, but more info in the next few days.

Last edited by Dave Wilshere; 11-09-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-09-2017, 01:40 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

So the show is NOT finished? What does the title of this thread mean?
Old 11-09-2017, 01:50 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_matt
So the show is NOT finished? What does the title of this thread mean?
"It's a trap! Abort! We never left his Shoney's!"
Old 11-09-2017, 01:53 PM
mr_matt

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

"I think he is manifesting some kind of butt"
Old 11-09-2017, 06:30 PM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Winnie, thanks for these many years of hard work and dedication.
I attended the first show as a pilot and the last one as an exhibitor. Although the size got multiplied by 10, the organization and professionalism never dropped.
Well done Winnie and farewell!
Old 11-09-2017, 10:10 PM
Dave Wilshere

Seems not, I only got the info after posting. But the show as we all knew it is finished, new team, new airfield, new everything!
Anyone that knows the old show will understand there is a lot to live up to!
Old 11-09-2017, 11:57 PM
RemoteJets

Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

If there will be a new fair, and I think it will then we will be there!!!
Old 11-10-2017, 02:31 AM
digitech

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by pavcon
choose Cyprus. Best weather
better in turkish section , better for VAT problems ;-)
Old 11-10-2017, 02:32 AM
digitech

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Seems not, I only got the info after posting. But the show as we all knew it is finished, new team, new airfield, new everything!
Anyone that knows the old show will understand there is a lot to live up to!

well one is perfect , that is where the Prowing is held ;-)
Oberhausen
Old 11-10-2017, 03:28 AM
Dave Wilshere

Not there...
Old 11-10-2017, 04:10 AM
bluelevel
My Feedback: (39)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

More details to come soon: JetPowerEvent
Old 11-10-2017, 05:57 AM
Dave Wilshere

OK, it was still a little early that you found this...but

So, it is in Donauwörth , same place as the Horizon Airmeet.

The date 14. – 16. Sept. 2018

The name JetPower Event

The web site www.jetpowerevent.com

They have bought all rights from the Modellsport Verlag in Baden-Baden

The new event company, JetPower Event GmbH

CEO : Emmerich Deutsch

And importantly, Winnie Ohlgart is next year a special guest, they have called him today and he said YES , he is coming.

Once again the internet hides nothing....
Old 11-10-2017, 08:48 AM
pavcon

Originally Posted by digitech
better in turkish section , better for VAT problems ;-)
wrll that's impossible for many reasons
Old 11-10-2017, 08:49 AM
Scott Douglas

That’s great news but sadly not for me. I was really looking forward to going this year but as I’ll be in France on holiday & not in Scotland where I could jump in a plane it’s at best a 14 hour drive & that might get me there for the Sunday only so it’s a no go 😢

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.