Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster 1/6th Gen2 F-16 input please.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster 1/6th Gen2 F-16 input please.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 07:10 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Question Skymaster 1/6th Gen2 F-16 input please.

Hi guys,

I have basically decided to order a SM 1/6th Gen2 F-16. So if I may ask; please don't try to change my mind as I have done all the comparisons already.

I will install an AMT Pegasus HP (17kg) with full bypass. I know this engine together with the bypass will be heavier than other engines without a bypass - but that is what I like and I have a SM T-33 and a SM Cougar that are both flying very successfully with such an installation. These jets are between 20.5 and 21.0kg empty and fly easily from our grass runway.

How heavy is your SM Gen2 F-16? Do you have all the options installed; lights, afterburner ring, opening canopy, speed brakes, scale tail nozzle, ordinances and drogue chute?

Perrsonally I like the display schemes and will probably go without ordinances and the drogue chute. But I do like the opening canopy, lights, speed brakes, AB ring and scale tail nozzle. However, if this jet will not carry all that weight and I have to consider less of the options, then I will - or simply not buy one.

Thank you for your constructive help and advice.

Cheers,

Jan
Old 01-07-2018, 02:05 AM
Levi Wags

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Gday Jan,

Ive since sold mine to get the 1/5 but it was a great thing. I built light to give my P180RX plenty of effect. I had canopy but no lights or air brakes. I also left out the third fuel tank but made custom smoke tanks in the fuse recess next to the turbine (right on the cg) so mine was no light weight. I could do a half cuban from TO with smoke. I think mine was 18kg ish.
My scheme was the Dutch Lion so I can't comment on ordinance.
I had the scale nozzle but not the D4S operational one. You could have the D4S one easily as the jet will likely need tail ballast anyway.

My advice would be just get whatever you want. The airframe and landing gear can handle the weight. A great jet.