Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

** Digitech Central Telemetric Unit for Jeti **

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2018, 11:20 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Today I got to test the CTU unit in my Joker with a Kingtech K120G2. Installation was very easy one wire to the ECU data port and one wire to the EXT port on CB200. Just make sure the EXT port is configured for EXBus and not telemetry. I had previously installed the CTU LUA (1.5) app( App folder) and the CTU.bin file into device folder of my transmitter.

Once everything is powered up the CTU as a device is accessible in Device Explorer. Going through the option lines you select fuel reset switch and the type of ECU.. (mine was Kingtech G2).. you just have to remember to "SAVE THE SETTINGS" prior to exiting the screen.. unlike other device the pressing the wheel and selecting will not save the changes. From my previous calibration on other telemetry device I transferred Fuel tank size and Pump factor. In general.. larger turbines have a higher fuel factor than smaller ones. In my case the fuel factor for a K120G2 was 250.

Then I added the LUA app to the model. Very nice Dashboard and options to select from. One option is "Fuel Warning" which in my opinion is not properly designed. There is no option to adjust the number of reminders only time based. I use the Alarm menu of the Jeti transmitter for fuel warning. I have Alarm set at 50% fuel remaining repeat once, 30% repeat three times and that works perfect. I think if they change the fuel warning Alarm to fuel remainder announcement triggered by a switch would be better. Leave the Alarms to the Native Jeti program.

Also I would like to see a confirmation page when reseting the fuel..ie (F1 No and F5 Yes) as well as the ECU status announcement a bit louder to match the volume of the rest of Jeti voices.

Overall a brilliant device and plenty of room to grow...

Many thanks to Sandor and Carsten

David
Hi David
thanks for the comments.

as for the fuel pump factors :
the smaller the pump the higher the factor actually.
as you say the
K120 is 250
K70 is 290
K210 is 85 go figure!.

the SAVE settings is clearly shown in the display when you are changing some parameters ,this is for testing , if you dont save it it will go back to the previous setting.
this was done on purpase if someone forgot what they changed.
sorry there is no other way to do this , hence the warning !.

the Fuel warning is there for a reason , yes you can turn it off and use the "old" jeti way.
we asked many Jet guys and the settable reminder going from 15 seconds uop to every 45 seconds was ok for everyone.
and sure you can add your own alarms also .
we just made it a easy option.
i dont use a warning on 50% i use the Jeti build in G sensor to tell me the fuel status .

Fuel RESET.
well i dont imagine you also have a confirmation when you are deploying your gear? (are you sure you want to land?) :-)
i dont think this is needed , if you are afraid you will reset it by mistake , you can always use Jetis IF/THEN options (logical switches).
and as Carsten said : "it will not destroy the universe if fuel reset is pressed by mistake". ;-)

Volume voice announcements.
we don't have access to Jeti,s original TTS , so we need to find anything else we can use.
as we said the LUA is a Free of charge application , and feel free to change it.
you can always open the voice wav files in a editor and raise the volume.
we had about 25 beta testers and we didn't had anyone complaining about this.
i think we send a CTU months ago to the USA for testing? we never heard anything about this being to low in volume.

but thanks about the Remarks , if you see anything that doesnt work as advertised let us know!.
we are on bug hunt these days ;-)

Last edited by digitech; 08-12-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 08-13-2018, 11:27 AM
LA jetguy

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by digitech
Hi David
thanks for the comments.

as for the fuel pump factors :
the smaller the pump the higher the factor actually.
as you say the
K120 is 250
K70 is 290
K210 is 85 go figure!.

the SAVE settings is clearly shown in the display when you are changing some parameters ,this is for testing , if you dont save it it will go back to the previous setting.
this was done on purpase if someone forgot what they changed.
sorry there is no other way to do this , hence the warning !.

the Fuel warning is there for a reason , yes you can turn it off and use the "old" jeti way.
we asked many Jet guys and the settable reminder going from 15 seconds uop to every 45 seconds was ok for everyone.
and sure you can add your own alarms also .
we just made it a easy option.
i dont use a warning on 50% i use the Jeti build in G sensor to tell me the fuel status .

Fuel RESET.
well i dont imagine you also have a confirmation when you are deploying your gear? (are you sure you want to land?) :-)
i dont think this is needed , if you are afraid you will reset it by mistake , you can always use Jetis IF/THEN options (logical switches).
and as Carsten said : "it will not destroy the universe if fuel reset is pressed by mistake". ;-)

Volume voice announcements.
we don't have access to Jeti,s original TTS , so we need to find anything else we can use.
as we said the LUA is a Free of charge application , and feel free to change it.
you can always open the voice wav files in a editor and raise the volume.
we had about 25 beta testers and we didn't had anyone complaining about this.
i think we send a CTU months ago to the USA for testing? we never heard anything about this being to low in volume.

but thanks about the Remarks , if you see anything that doesnt work as advertised let us know!.
we are on bug hunt these days ;-)
Sandor,

Your points are well understood and appreciated... Thank you

I just wished that instead of duplicating what Jeti has as for Alarm process, you would have a Fuel Level reminder / announcement. What I mean is to have the option of announce the current fuel level through a switch. Jeti has an option of a single sensor announcement but you can not associate a voice file to it. That is if the fuel level is at 65%, triggering that sensor will just announce 65. Would be nice to associate a wav file to the reminder so by a switch trigger you would hear "Fuel remaining 65%"... just an idea so the option in your LUA app doesn't duplicate an existing Jeti native function.

David
Old 08-13-2018, 12:00 PM
digitech

Hi David
you can use single announcement.
i use it all the time whem i shake the tx it tells
me just the percentage of fuel left.

sandor
Old 08-13-2018, 12:08 PM
LA jetguy

Hi David
you can use single announcement.
i use it all the time whem i shake the tx it tells
me just the percentage of fuel left.

sandor
True .... but you can not assign a voice file to this function.

Old 08-14-2018, 03:02 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LA jetguy
Sandor,

Your points are well understood and appreciated... Thank you

I just wished that instead of duplicating what Jeti has as for Alarm process, you would have a Fuel Level reminder / announcement. What I mean is to have the option of announce the current fuel level through a switch. Jeti has an option of a single sensor announcement but you can not associate a voice file to it. That is if the fuel level is at 65%, triggering that sensor will just announce 65. Would be nice to associate a wav file to the reminder so by a switch trigger you would hear "Fuel remaining 65%"... just an idea so the option in your LUA app doesn't duplicate an existing Jeti native function.

David
I made the following modification to numbers.jsn on my transmitters so that i can have Fuel telemetry single voice announcements. It will report either % or ml. Unfortunately I have to reapply this change after a transmitter upgrade but it only takes a few seconds. The Labels only need to match the sensor name. In this case TANK is for one sensor which I can't recall the name of right now and "Fuel" is for the MUI based LUA app I wrote.

//WEF Added
{"Type":2,"Label":"TANK ","File":"Fuel.wav"},
{"Type":2,"Label":"Fuel","File":"Fuel.wav"},

Last edited by wfield0455; 08-14-2018 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:12 PM
clavin
My Feedback: (6)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wfield0455
I made the following modification to numbers.jsn on my transmitters so that i can have Fuel telemetry single voice announcements. It will report either % or ml. Unfortunately I have to reapply this change after a transmitter upgrade but it only takes a few seconds. The Labels only need to match the sensor name. In this case TANK is for one sensor which I can't recall the name of right now and "Fuel" is for the MUI based LUA app I wrote.

//WEF Added
thanks for this...
just add to the end?
Old 08-14-2018, 03:14 PM
clavin

Sandor
I wish wish wish you could get the jet central (new power block version) working with this unit... I love it with my Kingtech...
Old 08-14-2018, 03:56 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by clavin

thanks for this...
just add to the end?
There is a section where the other sensor (MBAR, etc) are identified, I added on to the end of that section.
Old 08-15-2018, 11:32 PM
LA jetguy

//WEF Added
Wayne ... I use the x>=0 function in the alarm menu using GY to trigger the alarm and announce current value and associate “Fuel Level” wave file...

This is way once I upgrade the firmware I don’t have to re modify the file again. I’m looking for a LUA app to replace that alarm function..

Old 08-16-2018, 12:49 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by clavin
Sandor
I wish wish wish you could get the jet central (new power block version) working with this unit... I love it with my Kingtech...
i am waiting to recieve a newer Model JC , after this we will add it.
sorry about the delay , i have written many emails to JC but never got a answer.
i guess its because they also sell Telemetric stuff.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:25 PM
cycross

Originally Posted by cycross
Were there shipping notifications sent out like parcel ID etc? I don't recall receiving one nor is it indicated on my order status (says partial fullfillment). Mine is not on shipping hold...
Looking forward to using the CTU for sure.
Thank you Aeropanda! Received mine yesterday. Nice tidy device, another fine product from Digitech!
Old 08-21-2018, 07:20 AM
bRandom

Hi Sandor I was wondering how to connect the CTU to my Hornet 3. It does not have a 9 Pin or whatever that ribbon connector is that is i guess for the old hornet...
so I guess I am asking where to connect it at both ends, the CTU and the ECU?
Thanks
P.S. Is there any preferred orientation of the ctu? Or can the g force function properly facing any direction?

Last edited by bRandom; 08-21-2018 at 07:27 AM.
Old 08-21-2018, 04:43 PM
A343
My Feedback: (4)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bRandom
Hi Sandor I was wondering how to connect the CTU to my Hornet 3. It does not have a 9 Pin or whatever that ribbon connector is that is i guess for the old hornet...
so I guess I am asking where to connect it at both ends, the CTU and the ECU?
Thanks
P.S. Is there any preferred orientation of the ctu? Or can the g force function properly facing any direction?
You need a RJ45 plug cable from I/O Board - adapter (available from Sandor) - ribbon cable that goes into the CTU (next to the 3 Pin). Carsten didn’t indicate anything but horizontal to me. It works perfect! 😁
Old 08-21-2018, 08:59 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by A343

You need a RJ45 plug cable from I/O Board - adapter (available from Sandor) - ribbon cable that goes into the CTU (next to the 3 Pin). Carsten didn’t indicate anything but horizontal to me. It works perfect! 😁
A343 is absolutely correct about the ECU cable/connections
The G sensor in the CTU is a 3D sensor. I calculate the "combined" force on the plane using all 3 axes of the sensor so the "G force" telemetry value on the transmitter from the CTU is independent on the orientation of the CTU in the plane
Old 08-22-2018, 07:59 PM
clavin

There is a section where the other sensor (MBAR, etc) are identified, I added on to the end of that section.
Thanks
Old 08-23-2018, 03:22 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I’m assuming this work fine with the ExBus on the assist RX?

Got one on the way to try.....on my K45TP
Old 08-23-2018, 07:47 AM
wfield0455

What are you putting the K45 in ? I've got a mini Avanti that I'm getting close to finishing up that I've been considering adding an MUI to with a Lua App to act as a fuel gauge. I've been considering adding one of these but I'm not sure I could find a shoe horn adequate to fit it in there with all the other stuff that's in there.
Old 08-23-2018, 09:20 AM
Dansy

What are you putting the K45 in ? I've got a mini Avanti that I'm getting close to finishing up that I've been considering adding an MUI to with a Lua App to act as a fuel gauge. I've been considering adding one of these but I'm not sure I could find a shoe horn adequate to fit it in there with all the other stuff that's in there.
It’s a Turbo prop called Muses....need to install the canopy before start, so will install in it right now it has the KingTech Telemetry.

Space is not a problem 2.6m
Old 08-23-2018, 12:11 PM
wfield0455

Originally Posted by Dansy

It’s a Turbo prop called Muses....need to install the canopy before start, so will install in it right now it has the KingTech Telemetry.

Space is not a problem 2.6m
Ahh, a K45 Turbo prop, very nice !
Old 08-24-2018, 04:47 AM
digitech

Please dont mix up the cable and adaptors..
RJ45 is a 8 pin adaptor and used on the old
fadecs.
the 6pin RJ11 is used for all Projet ecu and older Jetcat V6.

please note whem ordering!
you also need the flat cable Erni.
for jetcat V10 you can use the delivered flatcable for the ctu
Old 08-25-2018, 12:24 AM
digitech

Originally Posted by Dansy
I’m assuming this work fine with the ExBus on the assist RX?

Got one on the way to try.....on my K45TP

you need a Different Firmware for the assist at the moment , if you have any issues contact me..
Old 08-25-2018, 02:46 AM
Dansy

you need a Different Firmware for the assist at the moment , if you have any issues contact me..
Email sent, Thank you
Old 08-25-2018, 06:56 PM
ww2birds
My Feedback: (14)

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Sandor, can you post the status codes that the CTU puts out on the "state" telemetry channel or tell me where to look them up .. I have had several flights today with my ultra bandit/M200xbl combo with the CTU ... all working very well .. just curious about the state codes (e.g. 512 vs 520 vs 536) in the log file .. also have seen several events in the log labelled "x1" and "x100" that may (?) be coming from the CTU .. if they are do you know what they are?

thanks

Dave McQ
Old 08-26-2018, 08:12 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ww2birds
Sandor, can you post the status codes that the CTU puts out on the "state" telemetry channel or tell me where to look them up .. I have had several flights today with my ultra bandit/M200xbl combo with the CTU ... all working very well .. just curious about the state codes (e.g. 512 vs 520 vs 536) in the log file .. also have seen several events in the log labelled "x1" and "x100" that may (?) be coming from the CTU .. if they are do you know what they are?

thanks

Dave McQ
Dave,
I can help you
(first, the "X1" and "X100" is not something I send from the CTU, need more info to figure that one out ??)

The "Status" from the CTU is the status for the engine (as you already figured )
Its encoded as a 16 bit value. The upper 8 bits contains the engine type: PROJET= 0, JETCAT = 1, XICOY = 2, XICOY_V6 = 3, DIGITECH = 4, EVOJET = 5, KINGTECH = 6, AMT = 7
The lower 8 bits is the current status from the engine. Each engine brand has totally different status (lower 8 bits). These status values (lower 8 bits) is what is used in the LUA application in the json files (f.ex jetcat.json).

The list of possible status codes from the Xicoy (V10) ECU are listed below:

// Base will be 0x0200 for XICOY, 0x0300 for XICOY_V6 or 0x0400 for DIGITECH
#define XC_STATUS_UNKNOWN 25
static char xcStatus[XC_STATUS_UNKNOWN][10]= {
"Trim Low",// = 0 (512/768/1024)
"Ready ",// = 1 (513/769/1025)
"StickLo!",// = 2 (514/770/1026)
"GlowTest",// = 3 (515/771/1027)
"Starting",// = 4 (516/772/1028)
"Ignition",// = 5 (517/773/1029)
"Preheat ",// = 6 (518/774/1030)
"FuelRamp",// = 7 (519/775/1031)
"Running ",// = 8 (520/776/1032)
"Stop ",// = 9 (521/777/1033)
"Cooling ",// = 10 (522/778/1034)
"GlowBad ",// = 11 (523/779/1035)
"StartBad",// = 12 (524/780/1036)
"Low RPM ",// = 13 (525/781/1037)
"HighTemp",// = 14 (526/782/1038)
"Flameout",// = 15 (527/783/1039)
"SetIdle!",// = 16 (528/784/1040)
"BurnerOn",// = 17 (529/785/1041)
"Start On",// = 18 (530/786/1042)
"Ign.Fail",// = 19 (531/787/1043)
"IgntrBad",// = 20 (532/788/1044)
"Battery!",// = 21 (533/789/1045)
"Low Batt",// = 22 (534/790/1046)
"Failsafe",// = 23 (535/791/1047)
"Unknown " // = 24 (536/792/1048)
};

So, if you see f.ex 520 (hexadecimal 0x0208) in the state field, this tells us that it is a Xicoy engine (the 0x02xx), and that the status is 0xxx08. Looking in the table above, the status is "Running".
As you can see, the Xicoy V10,V6 and DIGITECH ECU's all share the same status. By looking at the upper 8 bits of the status, you know the engine type.

Hope this clears it up (and makes sense )

And to everyone else, sorry for this technical stuff, it is not needed for normal use, but it is handy if one wants to make some more specialized LUA application etc
For more questions, just ask away
Old 08-26-2018, 08:54 AM
digitech

And saying that if you have a 536 we have a unknown.
maybe you can contact us and also send the /ctu log file to us.
so we can see the missing status.

Last edited by digitech; 08-26-2018 at 09:04 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.