Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

First in Flight Jet Rally May 23-27

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 07:48 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jsnipes
Awesome job by Larry, Josh, and the rest of the FIF Jet Crew for putting on what I also thought was the best FIF ever! All the changes/improvements worked out great and the weather couldn’t have been any better for the event. The SC Jet Squadron thanks you guys for hosting such a first class event ... we had a blast! Looking forward to next year already! JS
Ditto from the Georgia Jets guys! There were 10 of us in attendance this year. Enjoyable event and the banquet location was a great improvement. Also really appreciated having the Dreamworks trailer on site and to George for the help with my P-140's. Mosty, thanks to Larry for heading up this great event!
Craig
Old 05-29-2018, 08:02 AM
Ron Stahl
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It sounds like a great time was had by all who were able to make it this year, glad the weather held out for all of you. We had a 1,000 year level flood on Sunday afternoon about 15 miles from my home destroying Ellicott City for a second time in less than two years.
Old 05-29-2018, 12:01 PM
rcflier53
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Finally had a chance to get on here to thank Larry, the entire FIF crew, and the city of Wilson for hosting such an incredible event! The flying was so much fun even with full flight stations at the busiest times. Never waited more than a few minutes to get in the air. I can’t wait to come back next year!
Old 05-30-2018, 03:29 AM
gbarnes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll just reiterate what everybody else is saying....Great Event! Perfect venue and about the right size pilot count. Convention center was a plus and all the trailer parking for haulers and campers worked out great. Larry and the guys did a nice job. We'll be back next year for sure.
Old 05-30-2018, 07:29 AM
RC Larry-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 33 Likes on 21 Posts

The whole First in Flight crew wants to thank ALL of you that made the trip this year and support our event. Although the weather man tried his best to scare you all away, most of you took the chance and made the journey knowing we ALWAYS get in a good event at FIF. And as a reward you ALL got five fantastic days of weather and flying! We couldn't have asked for anything more. One of my buddies kept calling me Noah, thinking I'd have to bring folks in on the ark. But as it turned out,,,,my name was Lil' Moses!!!! lolololol
I think half of Canada was here this year!!!! lol We always love having our northern neighbors burn that Jet-A with us. As we do all of our buddies from all over the US.
Thanks to the City of Wilson for all their support. As always, they allowed us to make last minute changes to our venue to accommodate your needs. Biggest change this year was allowing us to park all RV's on the main ramp! This proved to be a life saver and certainly kept us from tearing up any grass. Just so you all know, we have been given the "Thumbs Up" to do this again next year!!!! Cant thank Gronna and the City enough.
As far as we can see, you guys really liked the change we made to the Saturday night banquet. A/C was pumping that cold air, and the food was good. Parking was a plus. especially for those that had trailers in tow. So,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I called the convention center this morning and thanked them for the great service. And,,,,,,,,,,,,,,have already reserved it for 2019.

Another big Thank You to our many sponsors. Especially Jet Central, Der Jet, A&E Jets, Dream Works RC, BVM and the City of Wilson/WIAC. They contributed so much to making this a GREAT event for all of us. Please make a point to thank each of them the next time you see them.

Congratulations to all of our awards winners. Each of you were very deserving, as were ALL of our pilots and we appreciate the awesome showmanship you put on for us all.

And a HUGE thank you from me to the whole FIF crew! You're the best guys. Even being very short handed on staffing this year due to illnesses and recovery, you guys pulled together and stepped it up again. I'm truly blessed to have you on board with this event, and more so to have you as friends. Y'all need to start thinking where we're going to have that celebration dinner!!!
Lots more to say but little time to do it. Still trying to get caught up at work! lol Thank you all again for making this what many have already said was the best FIF yet!

Be looking at our First In Flight web site soon for updates and pictures. www.firstinflightjets.com

Now,,,,,it's time to get my toys ready and head off to some of the upcoming jet meets !!!!

Larry

Last edited by RC Larry-RCU; 05-30-2018 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:41 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Although we always appreciate the many gifts you guys leave behind for us during clean up, I'm pretty sure somebody out there would like to have this one back!

[email protected]
Old 06-04-2018, 09:49 AM
RC Larry-RCU

Pretty sure this was a first for jet meets!!! lolol
Old 06-04-2018, 10:40 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Larry-RCU

Pretty sure this was a first for jet meets!!! lolol
Josh did an excellent job at that, for sure. Now, if you want to really go over the top next year, how about washing and waxing the trailers before you parked them?!?!

Bob
Old 06-04-2018, 10:42 AM
RC Larry-RCU

We were thinking more along the lines of have Auto Bell set up at the end of the driveway, and giving everyone a nice wash and shine as you leave!
Old 06-04-2018, 10:56 AM
ifly3d

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

We could all ways get the guy who owns the king air and the citation, to help us out with that. I think he all ready has some "girl Friends" that work for him that wash his airplanes.
Old 06-04-2018, 12:04 PM
jeteye

Received 63 Likes on 45 Posts

Thanks Larry and crew for a wonderful event. I had a great time, and looking forward to next year. Had to play Sunday morning, and had to leave after Friday evening. I’ll let the church know early next year, and the music will not involve so many trumpet solos. I will then be able to stay for Saturday. Thanks again for a wonderful time!!!

Lewis