Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jeti voltage warning

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jeti voltage warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 02:00 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts
Default Jeti voltage warning

I am getting low voltage warning on my Jeti CB200 w/2 REX3. I have my telemetry set up for 7.0v and am getting warnings soon after 1 flight. I put the battgeries on a load meter and they show 7.6v. Whats up?
Old 02-14-2018, 03:04 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tp777fo
I am getting low voltage warning on my Jeti CB200 w/2 REX3. I have my telemetry set up for 7.0v and am getting warnings soon after 1 flight. I put the battgeries on a load meter and they show 7.6v. Whats up?
Where are you monitoring the Voltage, the CB200 or the Receiver ? There is a battery share circuit that drops the voltage to the receivers by about .6 volts so that could be contributing to your problem. Still, I find even monitoring the individual battery voltages in the CB200 I need to set my low voltage alarm to about 6.6Voltage to avoid low voltage alarms during extreme maneuvers that require all control surfaces to be deflected at the same time but that is in 40% aerobatics airplanes which are spiking to over 15A per receiver battery at the time. Take a look in the log file to see what is going on and it should be pretty easy to figure out.
Old 02-15-2018, 08:17 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yep... what he said.

Instead of checking the battery directly.... plug your meter into an open channel on the Rx or CB, and read it along with the telemetry. I've found my jeti telemetry and hand held volt meter are very close. (less than 0.1v diff) mind you... I don't use any regulators or CB. Just 2 LiFe batteries, into 2 switches... and into my Rx.