Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Frankel Learjet kits still available

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Frankel Learjet kits still available

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 09:40 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Frankel Learjet kits still available

Anybody know if the Mark Frankel Learjet kits are still made? If so, how can I get one?
Old 02-23-2018, 01:02 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Mark and I have been talking about this a couple of months ago.
Old 02-23-2018, 05:00 AM
rcmigpilot

Originally Posted by olnico
Mark and I have been talking about this a couple of months ago.
Does that mean you're going to start making the kits????!!!!

I think the Learjet series of aircraft are some of the best looking planes ever designed and I've wanted one for years. I ran across one for sale on another site but a lot of work is already done on it and I won't be able to inspect it prior to purchase. Building doesn't scare me and having a bunch of work done is not necessarily a good thing. Knowing if the kit is still produced and any missing parts can be purchased or if I can pass on this one and just buy a new kit will help in that buying decision. The only site I could find that listed the Frankel Lear hasn't been updated since 2002 so that doesn't look real promising
Old 02-23-2018, 07:53 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Possibly.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:03 PM
MJAEF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rcmigpilot
My Learjet is still available, but we have revised the molds. A prototype of the new design is being built by Bob Boswell and I want to get some experience with it before we ship any kits. Bob has posted a built thread on rcscalebuilder. We are hoping to have the prototype flying this summer or fall.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:26 AM
rcmigpilot

Originally Posted by MJAEF
rcmigpilot
My Learjet is still available, but we have revised the molds. A prototype of the new design is being built by Bob Boswell and I want to get some experience with it before we ship any kits. Bob has posted a built thread on rcscalebuilder. We are hoping to have the prototype flying this summer or fall.
Just got done with Bob's thread on rcscalebuilder and all I can say is wow. I've been in RC since '92 and have built my fair share of planes, but what he's doing with the wing is several skill levels above me. Please email me details on price and availability on one you your current kits.