Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

HIGH SIERRA JETS! September 28-30 2018

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

HIGH SIERRA JETS! September 28-30 2018

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 05:53 PM
HighSierraJets

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HIGH SIERRA JETS! September 28-30 2018

Hello everyone!!! We are currently working on pricing and donations for our event!

We have already received many commitments from vendors offering donations, some planning to attend, and some team pilots.

The dates for HIGH SIERRA JETS! will be September 28-30 2018 to accommodate the AMOS RC club in Sacramento's Thunder Valley Jet Rally September 21-23 2018. We will have the two events one after the other so everyone can attend both without having to make long trips between events. High Sierra and Thunder Valley are on the road to Best in the West.

Early arrival and late departure are allowed.

It is less than 2 hours from Thunder Valley to High Sierra Jets!

Come to these two northern events to make sure everything is ready for BITW in October. The guys from Thunder Valley and BITW put on a great show so don't miss those either!

We will have rental information and pre-registration available in April for HIGH SIERRA JETS! All pricing will be available in April.

Pre-registartion is important so we know the number of tents that will be needed, so register soon after the event goes up next month on RC Flightdeck. Registration will end in August!

We are working on a deal with a rental company on a fresh water tank and a waste dump tank for RV cleanout BEFORE you go!

We will be talking to The Nugget in Sparks, Nevada about the possibility of a discounted rate.

STAY TUNED!!!!!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:23 AM
HighSierraJets

We are live on Rc Flightdeck!!!

Stay tuned!!!
Old 05-09-2018, 11:24 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

https://www.RCFlightDeck.com/event/8144
Old 05-26-2018, 05:05 PM
HighSierraJets

Registration through RC flightdeck will only be up until the beginning of August. Get signed up asap, as tents are limited. There's a couple people already signed up from California. Let's get it rolling.
Old 06-10-2018, 05:34 PM
HighSierraJets

So far there are only 4 sign ups thatn I am aware of. All 4 are from the LA area. The sooner we get signed up the smoother it will go for me. So if you can make it take the plunge.
Old 06-15-2018, 12:54 PM
HighSierraJets

I left out that the 6 locals are signed up along with the 4 from LA.
Old 07-27-2018, 10:42 AM
HighSierraJets

Cancelled due to Best in the West being moved to the beginning of October.......
Old 07-29-2018, 02:16 PM
HighSierraJets

Default HSJ Cancelled but......

Since HSJ was cancelles we want to invite everyone to Dry Fly May 3,4, and 5 2019. We had a good showing last year. This is at the Stagecoach dry lake in Stagecoach, Nevada. There is fuel and a conveninve store across the street, but no other real ammenities or motel/hotel rooms for about 20 miles. Camping is encoruaged and access is easy for all sizes of RV. There will be no fees or prizes just a god ol fun fly. Maybe if enough people want to get together we can plan a potluck for Saturday night. You can call or text 775-379-9774 or email [email protected] for more info. I'll post some directions and such in the coming months, and probably have some flyers at BITW.
Old 07-29-2018, 02:16 PM
HighSierraJets

Default HSJ Cancelled but......

Since HSJ was cancelled we want to invite everyone to Dry Fly May 3,4, and 5 2019. We had a good showing last year. This is at the Stagecoach dry lake in Stagecoach, Nevada. There is fuel and a conveninve store across the street, but no other real ammenities or motel/hotel rooms for about 20 miles. Camping is encoruaged and access is easy for all sizes of RV. There will be no fees or prizes just a god ol fun fly. Maybe if enough people want to get together we can plan a potluck for Saturday night. You can call or text 775-379-9774 or email [email protected] for more info. I'll post some directions and such in the coming months, and probably have some flyers at BITW.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:41 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

There will be a no frills fun fly May 2-5 2019. It will be at the Stagecoach dry lake in Stagecoach Nevada. This is a camping fun fly since the closest hotel is about 20 miles away, so bring your pop up shades, and your camping gear or RV.
There are 2 convenience stores across the road, and they have a small selection of groceries.
I will spring for a couple porta-potties, if there is enough interest.
Thinking about a pot luck style dinner under the stars on Saturday night where everyone can pitch in something. No fees, no frills, no fuss.
Just fun flying on one of Nevada's dry lakes. I'll be at Best in the West if you have questions, and will have some fliers to pass out....
When I get some interest I'll post some directions too.
A couple of you were there last year, so feel free to share your experience....

It's like Burning man, but with airplanes...

Last edited by Desertlakesflying; 08-08-2018 at 02:44 PM.