Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

What's the Latest on the KingTech K-70G2

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

What's the Latest on the KingTech K-70G2

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 12:42 PM
aehaas

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What's the Latest on the KingTech K-70G2

A friend just put together and flew a BVM Bandit with a JetCat P60SE installed. It performs well but I feel that I could use a little more power. The KingTech K-70G2 has 2.5 more lbs of thrust (15.5 compared to 13 lbs) and should do the trick. The planes finished weight is 19 lbs without fuel.

Is the KingTech as responsive or more so as it is a newer engine?

Also, I looked at the K-80G2 and K-85G2 that seems to have about the same power but weighs much less. 'Does not make sense or am I reading it wrong? I have to have kero-start, no propane for me.

Thoughts?

AEHaas
Old 06-22-2018, 12:56 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aehaas
A friend just put together and flew a BVM Bandit with a JetCat P60SE installed. It performs well but I feel that I could use a little more power. The KingTech K-70G2 has 2.5 more lbs of thrust (15.5 compared to 13 lbs) and should do the trick. The planes finished weight is 19 lbs without fuel.

Is the KingTech as responsive or more so as it is a newer engine?

Also, I looked at the K-80G2 and K-85G2 that seems to have about the same power but weighs much less. 'Does not make sense or am I reading it wrong? I have to have kero-start, no propane for me.

Thoughts?

AEHaas
The K80 is a larger older engine. it is effectively the same size as the 100 and 120. I see no point in that engine as you mentioned the weight difference to the K85. I have run a few of the K70's. They are good engines. I have not had a p60 or jetcat for that matter so can't compare the spool time but it seems reasonable to me compared to other jets and never something I have worried about for normal flying. If I was buying an engine for a Bandit I would go at least with the k85 though. That plane won't notice the weight difference between the 70 and 85. Personally I would probably go with the 120 for the Bandit because I like to fly fast and going vertical on takeoff with full fuel is fun.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:02 PM
aehaas

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

2.8L of fuel all in.
Old 06-22-2018, 01:19 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by aehaas
2.8L of fuel all in.
What I have found is that putting a larger engine in gets me the same flight time or a little longer. I still fly around at about the same speed but lower power and use the extra power for vertical. I get 45 second longer flights on my little jet when I converted from a K45 to K70. This works to a point but residual thrust can be a problem. I fly my K100 on a plane way draggier than a bandit with 2.4L of fuel and get about 6.5 minutes from wheels off to touchdown. I would bet with my K100 on a Bandit and 2.8L of fuel I would get a solid 7.5-8 minute flights. Unless you want unlimited vertical and a real speed demon you would be happy with the K85.