Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DreamWorks New Web Page

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DreamWorks New Web Page

Old 03-11-2018, 12:11 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

All I can say is that I'm not impressed at how casually this was done, I do not like the new layout as others have mentioned, I don't like the fact that as others have said; my cart and wish list are gone, I don't like the comments about Linda as she knew the store and a lot about the hobby and was able to answer questions on the phone without looking for Chris. Who are these other two ladies? Do they know anything about turbines, models, electronics and on and on?
Old 03-11-2018, 01:11 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Zeeb
All I can say is that I'm not impressed at how casually this was done, I do not like the new layout as others have mentioned, I don't like the fact that as others have said; my cart and wish list are gone, I don't like the comments about Linda as she knew the store and a lot about the hobby and was able to answer questions on the phone without looking for Chris. Who are these other two ladies? Do they know anything about turbines, models, electronics and on and on?
Let's settle down a bit and let DW get this worked out. We don't know all the issues going on that led up to this change.
Old 03-11-2018, 02:25 PM
chrisansilver
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bcovish
Let's settle down a bit and let DW get this worked out. We don't know all the issues going on that led up to this change.
when I started this topic I was hoping that it wouldn’t be taken as a negative.
i like it and sure others do as well, just taking some getting used too. I know it will be user friendly and bugs and issues will be worked out. Still my favorite place to shop...
Old 03-11-2018, 02:52 PM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisansilver
when I started this topic I was hoping that it wouldn’t be taken as a negative.
i like it and sure others do as well, just taking some getting used too. I know it will be user friendly and bugs and issues will be worked out. Still my favorite place to shop...
Absolutely the best and my favorite place to shop !! The new site like any will take getting used to, but Jose said they had to "rush the new site". Well like anything you "rush" things tend not to turn out so well more often than not.... I hope they can get this all resolved early week and we can get our shopping carts back. What little I looked at the new site, It makes no sense to me how to navigate to find an items.. I looked where I thought it wold be and even by MFG, description, and name, and I still couldn't find it... Maybe the new site is geared more for people who don't know exactly what they are looking for.. But to me, this is a destination buyers business. I don't think your gonna get too many that come to browse around.... Oh well, see what happens.

Dan
Old 03-11-2018, 04:10 PM
smchale
My Feedback: (67)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Jose for the update and comments of clarification. I have no doubt you’ll get things sorted out and the jet community will continue to chose DW as their first stop on jet related supplies. Please continue to keep the communication lines open, i think that’s all the folks on here were looking for. DW was built on customer service (as others have noted). Keep at it! Thanks.
Old 03-11-2018, 04:19 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Geez guys, can't you at least give them a freakin week to get the bugs worked out? You've obviously never launched a website before so chill out. I have launched a website before and am all too familiar with the "bugs" that are unavoidable. So, everyone just take a deep breath because you don't NEED whatever right now. It'll get sorted out and you'll get your precious whatever soon. For goodness sake give Todd's memory just a little respect!
Old 03-11-2018, 04:57 PM
rcjets12
My Feedback: (21)

I’m very surprised at some of these comments. For DW to have gone through what it has and is still here to support the hobby and has done so for many years it’s cray. It could have been very easy to just close the doors sell if everything and just move on. However this is not the case here.

We apologize that that we had to change the site the way we did as well many other things. The old site was just not supported any longer by cc merchants due to new security measures as was mentioned on the old site. This came upon us as a surprise and even though a new website was in the works things had to be rushed.

Everyone at DW will continue working very tirelessly to get this new site to where it needs to be and of course even with other changes to provide great customer service.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:26 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by rcjets12
Hello All,

As for management as we all know of course things have change since DW lost our great founder but is still currently going under his wife Lisa Witkoff. DW is going through some transitions with employees etc and all I can say is that Lisa is doing and will do what she believes is what is best for the company, which will be best for the customer.

Linda is currently no longer with the company and that’s all I can expand on this topic. We do have a few new employees and we are hoping to move forward and have that great team that will benefit the company and as always provide great customer service.

Currently we have Hyia and Mei along with Chris. I have been helping as well.

We we hope that you can bare with us as we get this new site on par but for sure will be much better in our opinion.

Thank you all.
Originally Posted by rcjets12
I’m very surprised at some of these comments. For DW to have gone through what it has and is still here to support the hobby and has done so for many years it’s cray. It could have been very easy to just close the doors sell if everything and just move on. However this is not the case here.
I'd say Lisa is off to a stellar start of continuing to provide excellent CS.

Perhaps liquidating the company would be the wise choice? To me, the support I got from Linda was a lot of what kept me coming back; I knew I could get answers and the correct parts if I was working with her. You still didn't say if the ladies (I'm guess they are ladies as I cannot tell from the names) know ANYTHING about the hobby or what DW sells?

Probably doesn't make any difference, there are other places to buy stuff and whether or not the new "hard working crew" will be able to keep on top of the inventory or continue "excellent Customer Service" is yet to be determined. I wasn't planning on buying anymore JetCat engines anyway, three is enough especially seeing as how it's now impossible to even talk to George or get on the website to fill out a repair request.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:35 PM
SECRET AGENT

Last edited by SECRET AGENT; 03-11-2018 at 05:46 PM.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:36 PM
chrisansilver

Perhaps liquidating the company would be the wise choice? To me, the support I got from Linda was a lot of what kept me coming back; I knew I could get answers and the correct parts if I was working with her. You still didn't say if the ladies (I'm guess they are ladies as I cannot tell from the names) know ANYTHING about the hobby or what DW sells?

Probably doesn't make any difference, there are other places to buy stuff and whether or not the new "hard working crew" will be able to keep on top of the inventory or continue "excellent Customer Service" is yet to be determined. I wasn't planning on buying anymore JetCat engines anyway, three is enough especially seeing as how it's now impossible to even talk to George or get on the website to fill out a repair request.
George isn’t hard to get in touch with. Great customer service and most always answers my calls, if not I do get a call back very quickly. Thanks George, Thanks DW, wishing nothing but the best.
Old 03-11-2018, 06:49 PM
rcjetsaok

Wink

Originally Posted by SECRET AGENT
I'm with 'ya brotha !!

D
Old 03-11-2018, 11:58 PM
raron455
My Feedback: (38)

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of the new website, but then again I'm not a fan of change either. Its just going to take a little bit of getting used to. I also hate that Linda left, she was great, but again , time and people change. DreamWorks has always been there for us, and this is the time to stay Loyal, and support them while they're going through their transition to keep them moving forward to be there for Us. Thats just my 2cents....
Old 03-12-2018, 02:16 AM
chrisansilver

Originally Posted by raron455
I'm not the biggest fan of the new website, but then again I'm not a fan of change either. Its just going to take a little bit of getting used to. I also hate that Linda left, she was great, but again , time and people change. DreamWorks has always been there for us, and this is the time to stay Loyal, and support them while they're going through their transition to keep them moving forward to be there for Us. Thats just my 2cents....
Well put sir.

Ronnie been a long 35 days here at work...
Headed home Wednesday...
Old 03-12-2018, 03:42 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Despite what is being said above......

THE NEW SITE DOES NOT LOAD CORECTLY IN EXPLORER METRO. (Problem for any win8 users)

If anyone from DW is reading this... you may want to get your web designer to look into it. But, as others have said... killing the old accounts is NOT acceptable in todays tech. Looking at my old orders saves me time when buying parts for a new project.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:10 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noahb
I liked the old site better. Easier to navigate and you could see right away if item was in stock. I go there for the service so i will get use to it and continue to shop at dreamworks.
If there is no "ADD TO CART" tab it is not in stock.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:48 AM
rcjetsaok

Originally Posted by dionysusbacchus
If there is no "ADD TO CART" tab it is not in stock.
So I take it that means it will not back-order and they will not notify/ship when back in stock ?? If so, that means the customer has to keep checking back and re-order when it does come back in stock and hope they hit it just right.... And if the stock is limited then you might miss getting what you needed because there is no "waiting list/back-order list" for incoming stock. Without back-ordering, you could miss getting items for a while. I hope what i'm saying is not the case...

Dan
Old 03-12-2018, 05:20 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Some progress is being made. I tried to set up a new account and got the email already in use message, clicked the reset password button, got the email within a few minutes and am back in. But as others have said, even though I'm logged in with the same email my purchase history is gone. Having the purchase history is a big help during one of those "I know I ordered it, but I can't find it" situations.

If DW is reading this, when I reset my password nothing appeared in the text box when I was typing in the new password but when I drug the mouse over the box the dots showed up. Looks like the text color is set to white, which doesn't show up to well on a white background.

As others have said, be patient with DW, they've always done right by us. Large companies with multi-million dollar IT budgets have issues with porting over to new sites. Anyone remember when the New York Stock Exchange went down last year after a software update?

Last edited by rcmigpilot; 03-12-2018 at 05:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:02 AM
skunkwurk

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts

Going to miss Linda, made every transaction very pleasant.
Old 03-12-2018, 03:15 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I guess I'm going to have to heed my own advice and be patient. I spent 15 minutes trying to find an extension for my powerbox smart switch and couldn't find it. It was there last week and a google search will bring up results on the DW site, but the links don't work. When you do a search on the site you don't get a list of the items that match your search criteria, you get a list of the categories that have items that match your criteria in them. I'm sure if I call they'll be able to help me, but I like to window shop before I buy.
Old 03-12-2018, 05:43 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

Got the login working now and was able to get an email to reset the password...seems like things are getting sorted out properly, but this big a change is going to take time. It is still much more difficult to navigate this site vs. the old one but that’s just how these things go I guess for now. DMP will sort things as time goes by...going to miss Linda for certain. I hope she’s doing well. However; let’s give the new people a chance and see what develops.
Len
Old 03-12-2018, 06:07 PM
rcjetsaok

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
I guess I'm going to have to heed my own advice and be patient. I spent 15 minutes trying to find an extension for my powerbox smart switch and couldn't find it. It was there last week and a google search will bring up results on the DW site, but the links don't work. When you do a search on the site you don't get a list of the items that match your search criteria, you get a list of the categories that have items that match your criteria in them. I'm sure if I call they'll be able to help me, but I like to window shop before I buy.
I just placed an order which included the Powerbox extensions, smart switch and display... Smart switch ext. is out of stock....

Dan

Last edited by rcjetsaok; 03-12-2018 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
I just placed an order which included the Powerbox extensions, smart switch and display... Smart switch ext. is out of stock....

Dan
Try Chief, they carry PB stuff, Gerhardt at AI has some PB stuff and even HH has some.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:30 PM
DWLisa

Perhaps liquidating the company would be the wise choice? To me, the support I got from Linda was a lot of what kept me coming back; I knew I could get answers and the correct parts if I was working with her. You still didn't say if the ladies (I'm guess they are ladies as I cannot tell from the names) know

ANYTHING about the hobby or what DW sells?

I applaud and appreciate the enthusiasm you show in all your posts. Liquidating the company would be a wise choice? Says who? You? And for our employees present and past, it is none of your business what their qualifications are. As long as they answer the phones in a pleasant manner, are kind and helpful to my customers and do the best of their ability that’s good for me, and frankly at the end of the day that’s all that matters. And if truth be known, when Linda started working for DW she had no background or knowledge in this hobby at all. Having worked at DW for the amount of years she did gained her the knowledge and experience she possessed at her time departure with the company.

Dreamworks Model Products and Jetcat Americas will continue to strive to be the best in customer service as we have a reputation to uphold. We will continue to move forward and we are here to stay!!

Like Jose mentioned, yes we have a new website. The website has been in the making for quite some time. Actually, Todd is the one who started working on it last year. Since the old website was our original site , the current credit card vendors just couldn’t support that platform anymore, thus forcing us to hustle and get the new site up and running ASAP to accommodate our credit card merchant to in turn provide you with the safest and well protected site while checking out. We do realize that in switching to the new website we are going to experience “glitches” and such. Please know we are working diligently along with our webmaster to get these issues rectified in the quickest time possible. The team here at Dreamworks please asks that you be patient and bare with us while we make these changes and trust me it is just as aggravating to us as it is to you! 😉

Last edited by DWLisa; 03-12-2018 at 08:47 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 08:38 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DWLisa
I applaud and appreciate the enthusiasm you show in all your posts. Liquidating the company would be a wise choice? Says who? You? And for our employees present and past, it is none of your business what their qualifications are. As long as they answer the phones in a pleasant manner, are kind and helpful to my customers and do the best of their ability that’s good for me, and frankly at the end of the day that’s all that matters. And if truth be known, when Linda started working for DW she had no background or knowledge in this hobby at all. Having worked at DW for the amount of years she did gained her the knowledge and experience she possessed at her departure with the company.

Dreamworks Model Products and Jetcat Americas will continue to strive to be the best in customer service as we have a
You go girl

Last edited by bcovish; 03-12-2018 at 08:44 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 02:34 AM
chrisansilver

Originally Posted by DWLisa
I applaud and appreciate the enthusiasm you show in all your posts. Liquidating the company would be a wise choice? Says who? You? And for our employees present and past, it is none of your business what their qualifications are. As long as they answer the phones in a pleasant manner, are kind and helpful to my customers and do the best of their ability that’s good for me, and frankly at the end of the day that’s all that matters. And if truth be known, when Linda started working for DW she had no background or knowledge in this hobby at all. Having worked at DW for the amount of years she did gained her the knowledge and experience she possessed at her time departure with the company.

Dreamworks Model Products and Jetcat Americas will continue to strive to be the best in customer service as we have a reputation to uphold. We will continue to move forward and we are here to stay!!

Like Jose mentioned, yes we have a new website. The website has been in the making for quite some time. Actually, Todd is the one who started working on it last year. Since the old website was our original site , the current credit card vendors just couldn’t support that platform anymore, thus forcing us to hustle and get the new site up and running ASAP to accommodate our credit card merchant to in turn provide you with the safest and well protected site while checking out. We do realize that in switching to the new website we are going to experience “glitches” and such. Please know we are working diligently along with our webmaster to get these issues rectified in the quickest time possible. The team here at Dreamworks please asks that you be patient and bare with us while we make these changes and trust me it is just as aggravating to us as it is to you! 😉
well that sums it up.
Very good, nice to see that DreamWorks cares...
Never meant this thread as a negative. You have my best wishes and support DreamWorks.
Nice to see all the replies from staff and more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.