Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DreamWorks New Web Page

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DreamWorks New Web Page

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 11:32 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

After searching for several minutes today, I found the stuff I needed. However, I could not sign in or re-register. Never did get the email to reset the password. Then when completing the purchase as a guest, the system locked up as I pressed the complete the order button. Had to restart the Browser and then the cart was empty. Point being, this might be a browser thing, which is still an issue. I gave up trying. Will try next week after FJets. By the way, I had all the same problems last week and ended up just calling on the phone. But by that time my computer was locked up and the cart was again empty. Using Windows 10 and MS Edge on an I5 Dell Laptop. This is just for DW's information.
Old 03-21-2018, 03:14 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Old site was much better... New thumbnails are clunky, I liked the list view with all the info I needed. If i still need to know more, I will just click on the item.
Old 03-26-2018, 01:26 AM
more

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dw is not the same as before.I always get an e-mail back when I send to them.Now I have sent a few but not any replies form them.
The check out page has to be corrected because there is no special requirement message box.
Old 03-26-2018, 06:13 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Give them a break, they were at Florida Jets all last week.
Old 03-28-2018, 01:15 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The website does not work at all for me. When i put in a search term (from the home page or others) it just flashes back to the current page I was on. PIA Scott
Old 03-28-2018, 03:46 PM
horsefeetky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i gave up and ordered needed items from another source.. glad to re visit dreamworks when things get fixed... even my log in is not working and they sent me a temp one but it will not save my updateed passwords once on the site..

hope it gets fixed soon
Old 03-28-2018, 07:28 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have found that if you select the stuff you need and get it in your cart, and then check out as a guest, I was able to complete my purchases. Also, I have found that if you use the search function and there is nothing found, the same page shows w/o a nothing found message. I found that by being less specific about the search, the products I needed always came up.

After discussing the website issues at Florida Jets this past week with Chris, It became apparent that Dreamworks did not have the choice to stay with the old site. Apparently, they were forced into this move. Combining a forced move with the loss of Linda, has certainly taken its toll.

But, ... we have to remember that Todd's "Crew" have supported us in an excellent manner for several years. They also go to great lengths to support us at events by either having a huge selection of products on site or at the very least sponsoring our significant events.

So, ... they are experiencing a few speed bumps. Now is the time to support them while they make these necessary transitions.
Old 03-30-2018, 04:31 PM
sailing1
My Feedback: (134)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, so last Saturday I tried to log into the new DreamWorks site. No dice, wouldn't accept my email and password. Also wouldn't send me a password reset. GRRRR
Waited till Monday and called DW. Took a while but finally got an answer and young lady found my account and said she would send me a password reset link within the hour. Didn't happen, not in an hour, not in a day. Way past GRRRR now. Tried to log in as a guest -- nope not happening. Thinking it was time to look elsewhere for my needs.
So on Wednesday I decided to just call and see if I could order something. Guess what -- Nice lady named Chris answered on the first ring. Was polite and efficient, and the extra mile to find an acceptable battery when my first choice wasn't available. Apologized for the web site problems but took care me even when I screwed up and gave her the wrong billing info. Color me a happy customer.

We all know DW is going through some changes but they have always been there for us and we owe them a chance to compete those changes!

Me, I'm going to give them some time on the new web site and just call them the old fashion way till they get it fixe (as we all know they will).
Old 04-01-2018, 11:57 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I was clicking around the new site today, and im finding it hard to navigate due to the UI. I cannot see things which require you to scroll but if your not careful it closes and I don't know if they haven't added some things yet but I cannot find certain things I know they normally carry. I'm hoping they are still working on it and if they are taking suggestions the layout of product types is not very good, its very hard to find things. It doesn't make since to have a battery section then have batteries under the tools and build section, which by the way shows different things than the battery section.

Last edited by FenderBean; 04-02-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2018, 09:51 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would guess that Dreamworks sales have taken a big dip in the last few weeks since the introduction of the new website but then again that would be a big incentive to get the new site working properly.
Old 04-02-2018, 02:24 PM
rbxbear44
My Feedback: (86)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean
I was clicking around the new site today, and im finding it hard to navigate due to the UI. I cannot see things which require you to scroll but if your not careful it closes and I don't know if they haven't added some things yet but I cannot find certain things I know they normally carry. I'm hoping they are still working on it and if they are taking suggestions the layout of product types is not very good, its very hard to find things. It doesn't make since to have a battery section then have batteries under the tools and build section, which by the way shows different things than the battery section.
Keith,
I am wondering if this was a Dreamworks Start up launch, if we would be thinking it's state of the art...LOL! We are indeed spoiled. I know things are working and progressing because I made a pretty large order right from the new site the first day it was up, had 2 batteries back ordered...I totally forgot about them being back ordered, and BAM...today I get a hipping notice that my batteries have been shipped and the order completed.

I think we are in good hands...we are just brats about our hobby. I look at this thread and just cannot believe some of the things we say to people, especially folks that have lost a loved one, making a hard run at keeping a legacy going and actually doing well...even to bring up a new site for the future.
Old 04-02-2018, 03:22 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm sure the new site has some advantages, but man is it hard to find things now! I wish they could have kept the same groupings.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:36 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by DrScoles
I'm sure the new site has some advantages, but man is it hard to find things now! I wish they could have kept the same groupings.
Well it's time to tell folks where the bear **** in the woods. Sorry about Todds passing and feel bad for the family, but these are expensive toys and DW is selling expensive parts. It's about time we moved on. If Lisa wants to keep this website/business running, she better clean up her act. Getting rid of Linda was a bad sign of where the company is going.
Old 04-02-2018, 05:54 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by rbxbear44
Keith,
I am wondering if this was a Dreamworks Start up launch, if we would be thinking it's state of the art...LOL! We are indeed spoiled. I know things are working and progressing because I made a pretty large order right from the new site the first day it was up, had 2 batteries back ordered...I totally forgot about them being back ordered, and BAM...today I get a hipping notice that my batteries have been shipped and the order completed.

I think we are in good hands...we are just brats about our hobby. I look at this thread and just cannot believe some of the things we say to people, especially folks that have lost a loved one, making a hard run at keeping a legacy going and actually doing well...even to bring up a new site for the future.
You know me man I'm pretty open to new things and don't mind change at all, just providing some feedback to help if they are curious to help better anything in our hobby. It was a difficult in general to navigate and I can't find some items I know they carry is all, there are plenty of websites I visit with not so user friendly UI but that doesn't deter me from ordering when I need something, just have to find it is all. My comments on the new website are just comments, no personal malice intended. I knew Todd, not as well as some but we have talked a few times and he was always a top notch guy.

Last edited by FenderBean; 04-02-2018 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-03-2018, 03:06 AM
JSF-TC
My Feedback: (2)

Received 134 Likes on 78 Posts

When I drill down past the home page looking for a product, the web-site crashes on both Firefox and Edge, giving me the background code. Doesn't matter what sub-page you try.

Old 04-03-2018, 03:18 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

The site seems to work ok for me on Firefox. It would not run on my Windows 10 desktop software. Works fine thru my iPhone. I did get a little frustrated looking for something recently i know they sell. I gave up and emailed customer service for help. Never did get a reply in over a week. I went back on the site and found it. No one likes change but it will smooth out I’m sure. Vin...

Last edited by Vincent; 04-03-2018 at 05:21 AM.
Old 04-04-2018, 04:03 PM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

I just spent the most frustrating 35 minutes of my life trying to spend $4000.00 with this web site. If the goal is to bankrupt the Dreamworks business, this website is a vastly large jump into that arena. How many others are so fed the heck up that they go elsewhere??? Lisa please get this fixed sooner than later. It has been well long enough that a simple click to buy an engine should not be met with “fill in the options” when there are NO OPTIONS to fill in!!! Ludicrous and quite the business breaker I am afraid. Too bad for DMP, I bought an engine from a different distributor with 5 clicks of a mouse! DMP wake the heck up and smell the customers disappearing. Its one thing to tell us that your credit card issuers are demanding a different web site, but its a completely different story to have all this frustration remain after so many many weeks! Man this hurts, Todd was a great friend...
Len
Old 04-04-2018, 04:09 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How long has this site been up? Has it been a month yet? Give them a chance. I'm not thrilled about it either, however, they have always been been a first class customer service operation. We should be happy they exist in the first place!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:00 PM
Len

Originally Posted by DrScoles
How long has this site been up? Has it been a month yet? Give them a chance. I'm not thrilled about it either, however, they have always been been a first class customer service operation. We should be happy they exist in the first place!
I agree Mike, but it has been nearly a month and that is eons in online shopping time. I really want this new site to work, but it seems to be getting more, not less, difficult with which to deal. I cannot fathom how many customers are not returning due to this fiasco. My concern is for the company and Lisa and and and....we all know what has gone before and all want the best for DMP. My thrust here is to add some sense of urgency, that seems lacking, to the mix... since from what I can ascertain there has been no betterment of the web site shopping experience since the outset of this change. I suppose I will go to the phone and call them with orders, but that seems so very antiquated and time consuming as to be deleterious to the well-being of the company...but if that’s what I need to do to buy a JetCat 180NX then so be it. Again I apologise, but if I am getting frustrated, then there must be a large amount of customers that are going elsewhere to spend their dollars.
Old 04-05-2018, 07:03 PM
Len

Driven by my inability to purchase the engine (yes it was in stock) for which I had set out yesterday, I set aside a couple of hours this afternoon to try it again... While I was not successful in adding the engine to my cart, I was able to finally find the other several items I wanted though one is no longer handled by DMP. The process of filling my cart took about an hour, but during that time I learned a great deal about how this new site operates. It is certainly not an intuitive construct, but in the end learning it was helpful...I hope I recall it all for next time. It does need a drop box at the TOP of the section to allow to preset for 30 items of display, but that is a minor inconvenience, though when added to the other things that are there it can become difficult to do what we all got used to doing so easily in the past. The site has some things that were most cleverly hidden by either a sub-par web designer or folks unaware of RC Jets and how parts relate to one and other. Quite possibly a combination of the two I’d say.
There was no chance of my purchasing the engine online so I bit the Long Distance bill (rather large form Canada as I only have a cell phone now) and called a lovely and most helpful young lady by the name of “Hyia” (pronounced as if the two middle letters were reversed as in Hi Ya). It was the initial opinion that likely the engine was out of stock and when I stated that the web site said it was in stock, Hyia went and got the engine, brought it to her desk, then she proceeded to find another computer that worked better than hers was doing, and she took all the stock numbers from my cart, added them to the engine order, and then got Jose onto a speaker call with us to make sure about insurance and the like and Poof just like in the old days the order was done and should ship tomorrow (Friday). Well I have to admit that I was and still am quite impressed at the level to which the new people are striving to accommodate us! Dreamworks top notch customer service still reigns supreme as far as I can see!!! Now I was on the cell phone long distance from Canada for almost 20 minutes and while that’s no one’s fault but my parents for not moving so many years ago, I did mention it to Hyia and she is discussing a skype option with Lisa, and hopefully that will work out for the international customers.

GREAT JOB DMP!!!
THANK YOU!!!
Len
Old 04-06-2018, 03:28 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Len
Driven by my inability to purchase the engine (yes it was in stock) for which I had set out yesterday, I set aside a couple of hours this afternoon to try it again... While I was not successful in adding the engine to my cart, I was able to finally find the other several items I wanted though one is no longer handled by DMP. The process of filling my cart took about an hour, but during that time I learned a great deal about how this new site operates. It is certainly not an intuitive construct, but in the end learning it was helpful...I hope I recall it all for next time. It does need a drop box at the TOP of the section to allow to preset for 30 items of display, but that is a minor inconvenience, though when added to the other things that are there it can become difficult to do what we all got used to doing so easily in the past. The site has some things that were most cleverly hidden by either a sub-par web designer or folks unaware of RC Jets and how parts relate to one and other. Quite possibly a combination of the two I’d say.
There was no chance of my purchasing the engine online so I bit the Long Distance bill (rather large form Canada as I only have a cell phone now) and called a lovely and most helpful young lady by the name of “Hyia” (pronounced as if the two middle letters were reversed as in Hi Ya). It was the initial opinion that likely the engine was out of stock and when I stated that the web site said it was in stock, Hyia went and got the engine, brought it to her desk, then she proceeded to find another computer that worked better than hers was doing, and she took all the stock numbers from my cart, added them to the engine order, and then got Jose onto a speaker call with us to make sure about insurance and the like and Poof just like in the old days the order was done and should ship tomorrow (Friday). Well I have to admit that I was and still am quite impressed at the level to which the new people are striving to accommodate us! Dreamworks top notch customer service still reigns supreme as far as I can see!!! Now I was on the cell phone long distance from Canada for almost 20 minutes and while that’s no one’s fault but my parents for not moving so many years ago, I did mention it to Hyia and she is discussing a skype option with Lisa, and hopefully that will work out for the international customers.

GREAT JOB DMP!!!
THANK YOU!!!
Len
Hi Len, I while back I added 100mins USA call to my cell for $5 per month well worth for these USA have to call.....
Old 04-24-2018, 03:56 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well i have to chime in here... I think something needs to be done with the shipping practices . I wanted to order just 3 rolls of airline with a total cost of 20.00 that's until i got the shipping charges of 14.00 ? really? so i questioned DW about this and what i got was basically take it or leave it. .. Nice.. so now the tubing cost was almost doubled . The response was " we've had people order a 6.00 part and pay that for shipping". to me that's a rip off when it could be sent US priority mail for around 5.00 There's no way to can justify that . i don't care what deal you have with what shipper . so i'm moving on no more from them unless i'm desperate. And to add to linda... she was a very nice ,helpful person when i would call. that's DW loss and i'm glad she took the high road on that situation , but then that's how she is. WB_1
Old 04-24-2018, 04:46 AM
Art ARRO
My Feedback: (5)

I have to add my recent tale of woe with the "new" DMP. A couple of weeks ago I tried entering the site and was informed that my PW was out of date. They sent a new PW to my email addy and I successfully logged in to make some high-end servo purchases for a new build. The items were shown to be "in stock" and I added them to my cart for checkout. The quantities listed changed from my initial order and I had a devil of a time checking out with my credit card. All seemed well when I received an email confirmation of the order including a shipping notification. A day later I received a phone call stating that DMP could not fill the order because some items were now out-of-stock. Also, they had some difficulty with my credit card and I had to start over from square 1, including the PW reset. I offered to provide my credit card info over the phone but they insisted on a complete redo of the entire order. Very frustrated I told the lady to just cancel the order and delete me from their customer list. As an aside I ordered the servos from another source and everything went smoothly including receipt several days later with minimal shipping charges. I surely miss the "old" DMP and their superior customer service.
Regards, Art ARRO
Old 04-24-2018, 07:30 AM
pan

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

the new DMP sure not the same anymore, with linda gone and all, to me she was dreamworks, spent a LOT of money there over the years not anymore...roy
Old 04-24-2018, 12:37 PM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes the site can be frustrating but I have just received 3 separate orders in the normal time before the changes.
yes it takes a few tries to understand it. One tip I found is when you click on cart on the top of the page you can right click in it open in a new tab .. it will give you a normal cart. That was the only way I found to look at the complete cart before ordering.
The only negative thing that I ran into is during the checkout I couldn’t pick the option of in store pickup so it would be shipped with a order that was just placed when I forgot something so I had to pay extra shipping.

i am sure they will get it fine tuned..

hang in there.

I have always needed and like Dreamworks..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.