Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DreamWorks New Web Page

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DreamWorks New Web Page

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 01:43 PM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I’m a huge fan of Dreamworks but I don’t think it’s just a case of fine tuning. There are some elements of the site that just don’t work.

I haven’t tried the PC that often but searching on my phone doesn’t bring up any results at all. Clicking on some of the links opens a ‘tree’ list but if you click on anything in that list it doesn’t work and it takes you back a page (you have to actually click on the words to open a new page with the product categories on it).

I really hope they are still working on it but I haven’t seen any obvious changes recently. It really isn’t very easy to navigate the new site.
Old 04-27-2018, 04:34 AM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 126 Likes on 87 Posts

Well eveyone is correct...the site sucks. Had to search for a while to find what I needed.

But....the good news is that the site worked correctly. I had to log in again and after that the purchase worked as it should.
Old 04-27-2018, 11:55 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

I can't log in and have to search every part instead of just going through the drop down menus. Only reason I could get what I needed is because I build so many planes I knew they had the stuff.

new website sucks big time. Also before I would load up carts for customers before I dud their build and can't do that now also. I have resorted to taking pictures and texting them to the customer.

lucky for me pacificrcjets.com has most of the stuff I need now so I can still move along on builds.

hope too talk to dreamworks at topgun next week about it.
Old 04-27-2018, 03:45 PM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

Lost two years of wishlist stuff that took me a long time to research, totally sucks. I wish they would have given a warning (maybe they did but I did not hear it) ��

TB
Old 04-28-2018, 01:08 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by gunradd
hope too talk to dreamworks at topgun next week about it.
Somehow, I don't think Lisa is going to be amenable to suggestions about the business practices from you Kris, and that will be bad for her, her family and those of us who used to depend on them for the turbine related stuff we needed. But as you mentioned, Dirk is coming up to speed and that's where I and my builder have been going of late.
Old 04-28-2018, 01:28 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm done with DW. There are plenty of web friendly sites to get our stuff. I can't even log into their site!
Old 04-30-2018, 03:40 AM
TonyBuilder

Okay, I haven’t really tried to do much with the site. But I tried and it is useless. The log in on my phone won’t work so staking my wish list while out and about is gone. The search function does not work. Typing in “servo mounts” gives me pages and pages of jets, junk and everything but servo mounts. The category sub section for servo mounts and arms gives no mounts and one or two arms. This is so sad to see the once was best site to the now worst site. How do they not know how bad this site is now?

TB
Old 04-30-2018, 04:16 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

I did make an order without signing in, it will be here today. But I do see the problems, very unfortunate.

TB, when you do a search on "servo mounts" everything with "mount" in the title will come up, but you actually get more servo mounts in a search than you do in the actual category. I went to Radio Equipment and then Servo Mounts and Servo Arms and only 2 servo mounts come up in the category, a total of 9 products! An aluminum mount and a wood block mount, none of the JMP aluminum brackets or others that are apparently hidden on the site.

You can still order, it's just extra work to find what you need, it's strange but products are hidden on the site if you use the menu on the side to try and find what you need.
Old 04-30-2018, 05:20 AM
TonyBuilder

I’m sure there is a solution to the maze but I don’t have the time to salve the puzzle...

TB
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 AM
megafly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And they don't have an option for store pick up? It's very annoying...
Old 04-30-2018, 10:46 AM
Mike Haddox
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by megafly
And they don't have an option for store pick up? It's very annoying...
Where are the servo arms?
Old 04-30-2018, 12:04 PM
chrisansilver
My Feedback: (17)

I surely thought these issues would have been addressed by DW. I can’t log in, I can’t get to the check out screen. Haven’t tried creating a new account, just frustrated. My business has been going elsewhere. Absolutely to much trouble, used to be able to breeze through items and find what I needed and now you go through all the hassle and can’t check out. What a shame what was once the best now is the worst..
Old 04-30-2018, 12:55 PM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

i've placed several orders recently and all have been filled quickly. I did create a new account, and find there are some nuances... search "servo arm" with quotes not just servo arm and i received several pages of results.. not as it used to be, but most seems to be still there...
Old 04-30-2018, 01:34 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I wonder why they cant fix the create new account function and then just delete everybody and let everyone re register.
Old 04-30-2018, 02:05 PM
JoelP
My Feedback: (20)

I can't even create a new account, says account already exists. And then there's crickets!
Old 04-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by patf
i've placed several orders recently and all have been filled quickly. I did create a new account, and find there are some nuances... search "servo arm" with quotes not just servo arm and i received several pages of results.. not as it used to be, but most seems to be still there...
You're missing the point; it's not our job to try and figure out how to spend our money on a website. It's the owner's job to fix the website. In my case I don't really care anymore as I've moved on to places that want my business.
Old 04-30-2018, 03:16 PM
chrisansilver
My Feedback: (17)

Originally Posted by JoelP
I can't even create a new account, says account already exists. And then there's crickets!
mine as well, tried a few minutes ago...
Old 04-30-2018, 03:29 PM
bcovish
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by chrisansilver

mine as well, tried a few minutes ago...
Ditto
Old 04-30-2018, 04:09 PM
ira d

Originally Posted by Zeeb;12427895[[b[b
]b]]You're missing the point; it's not our job to try and figure out how to spend our money on a website. It's the owner's job to fix the website.[/b] In my case I don't really care anymore as I've moved on to places that want my business.
I agree.
Old 05-01-2018, 05:59 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

I am not missing the point at all. I haven't found another vendor that has what i am looking for pacific included, that is as prompt, communicative, and thorough as dreamworks... the only issue is finding the item for me, and i am content to work the puzzle a bit to find it. I'd give them a call then to voice your issues, as it doesn't appear the complaints here are being seen or heard.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:54 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just ordered 9 items and the store interface did not look that much different to me from the old site. Stock status was listed for every item before I selected it. There are definitely bugs, and some seem device dependant (PC, Android, etc)

I did have to reset my password but that worked fine
Old 05-02-2018, 03:05 PM
horsefeetky

the new web site cant be worse than the rcu one... this is taking some getting used to also..

anyone know how to make rcu notify me by email i have a new pm... cant find the place to turn that option on. it always did this in the past but now nothing.......
Old 05-07-2018, 03:37 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Where are you guys getting your Festo fittings other than DW? They are having a significant site glitch and I can't get to anything, and not the usual navigation issues, the Festo page shows 123 items at the top of the page, then one second later shows 1 item, 9 items show up on the page and you can't get past that page. I tried several different categories with the same result on 2 different browsers. This was last night, sent them a note, but I just tried again and had the same issues. I need to do a bit of looking to figure out exactly what I need so just calling the order in won't do.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:02 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

I keep hearing "horror stories" about the new web site but everytime I use it I have no issues. I'm beginning to believe it's a problem with individuals and not the site. Just saying my experience is completely different from yours.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:14 PM
ira d

I was on the site today and I must admit it works better than it did a month ago, still not back to what it was but getting better. I can not log on using my cell phone so that part still
need addressing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.