Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

DreamWorks New Web Page

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

DreamWorks New Web Page

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 06:57 PM
Dura Flame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adios for now

I’ve been a DW customer for a very long time and have spent more money than I wish to remember with them. Linda helped me resolve more issues than I can count, and was always a pleasure to talk to. I hate the new site. For me it flat out stinks. It takes forever to find what I am looking for and it’s not intuitive at all. Even the search engine is awful. I typed in “air trap” and it pulled up wheels and retracts. I finally gave up and placed a $1300 order with Chief. Until they get things figured out I’m done. I don’t have hours to spend trying to navigate their site. It’s too bad because I really liked them......before.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:23 AM
stegl

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, very sorry to hear that Linda is gone and will mirror the comments on Dreamworks new website. Issues have all been covered .They used to be my first go-to site for everything related to turbines........very difficult. Also no service for Jets Munt turbines .
Old 06-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Len
My Feedback: (3)

DMP does not appear to service Merlins at this point, but if you talk to or email Gaspar you will be quite pleased with the service arrangements. I was ready to ship my M100XBL to him in Spain and he was able to coach me through the diagnostics and save a useless shipping fee, not to mention the time! I believe he has set up, or is in the process of setting up, a service center in the USA as well.
Len
Old 06-08-2018, 04:26 PM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Len
... I believe he has set up, or is in the process of setting up, a service center in the USA as well.
Len
Greg Alderman of JAG RC is handling JetsMunt service out of Indiana, my M100Xbl is with him as we speak and he recently turned around a fellow club member's M200 in short order. He works closely w/Gaspar and obviously shipping is much easier w/o having to deal with customs.
Old 06-09-2018, 06:27 AM
rcjetsaok
My Feedback: (7)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have never seen such a loyal group of customers to any business try so hard and not give up as we all have in my life. All in the hopes that DW will work through their issues that we have all commented on and given input to .... I think they must be trying too hard to fix the problems. I think it's time for them to stand back, look at the big picture and start all over. This cannot be as difficult as it has appeared to be.. It appears they have not followed the K.I.S.S. principle. I am in the belief that eventually this will come full circle and be back the way it was, and I hope we all are willing to ride it out and all parties will benefit in the end..

Waiting in hope,
Dan
Old 06-09-2018, 07:01 AM
stegl

https://www.dreamworksrc.com/turbine...-repair-portal
there is still this ?
When we call the job a repair job; is it to get it running again or does that also include changing bearings and rebalancing ?
Have read that some have done their fixes over the internet to get it running with the help of Gaspar .

When it comes to the website ; even if they changed format or software they should still be able to type in anything they want for an item description.

Last edited by stegl; 06-09-2018 at 10:51 AM.
Old 06-09-2018, 10:06 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rcjetsaok
I have never seen such a loyal group of customers to any business try so hard and not give up as we all have in my life. All in the hopes that DW will work through their issues that we have all commented on and given input to .... I think they must be trying too hard to fix the problems. I think it's time for them to stand back, look at the big picture and start all over. This cannot be as difficult as it has appeared to be.. It appears they have not followed the K.I.S.S. principle. I am in the belief that eventually this will come full circle and be back the way it was, and I hope we all are willing to ride it out and all parties will benefit in the end..

Waiting in hope,
Dan
Ain't 'gonna happen without Todd's expertise and missing Linda's savvy Customer Service. Too much experience and dedication gone down the drain.
Old 06-10-2018, 06:24 AM
youngguy
My Feedback: (7)

Ordered some small items yesterday from DW. Had no difficulty finding what I needed on the web site even though I am no computer expert. Very different presentation from the original but seemed to be well laid out. Had some difficulty checking out and paying for the items. the check out process was confusing.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:26 PM
horsefeetky

ok so i paid them a visit just now to order a few items for my next jet build.

i found most items ok and yes the search function is way off base with results

once i got the items in the cart i did an edit cart and upped the item count for each as needed.

then hit check out with paypal... nothing happened.. tried again, nothing.. so i hit continue to checkout. it asked me to log into my account.. i entered info and again nothing happened..

got put off and left the site with a hundred plus dollars they wont be getting from me. now im off to chief aircraft to shop...........sorry DW loved you for years time to say goodbye...........
Old 06-20-2018, 05:09 PM
DWChris

Listen, the new site requires you to set your self up as a new customer. The no info retained from old site. I feel your frustration as well. We are trying to resolve all issues. Who needs a tissue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:10 PM
DWChris

I'm over this BASHING ****!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:22 PM
DWChris

Go to Chief, then they come to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ranting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:33 PM
DWChris

In the after math of Todd's DEATH, you cry baby's have the nerve! We are a 4 person Company! We are trying our best to fix the website! This thread pisses me off beyond believe. Like in prior post you drove TAM away and you will do the same here!!! Go figure it out your self then!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:39 PM
DWChris

Ill pro get remanded for this, but take your coincidence and shove it up your a s s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-20-2018, 05:43 PM
sideshow
My Feedback: (11)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DWChris
Listen, the new site requires you to set your self up as a new customer. The no info retained from old site. I feel your frustration as well. We are trying to resolve all issues. Who needs a tissue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go to Chief, then they come to us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm ranting!!!!!!!!!!!!
In the after math of Todd's DEATH, you cry baby's have the nerve! We are a 4 person Company! We are trying our best to fix the website! This thread pisses me off beyond believe. Like in prior post you drove TAM away and you will do the same here!!! Go figure it out your self then!!!
Ill pro get remanded for this, but take your coincidence and shove it up your a s s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is pretty sad. Kinda hope it was just a drunk post, but it confirms what all of the people trying to use the site have experienced.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:53 PM
DWChris

No Bob, It wasn't .. The site is working way better these days. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:06 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

What a shame that a DreamWorks team member would conduct himself with so little professionalism. Part of being in business is dealing with the "crybabies" as you called them. Diplomacy is king always. I didn't buy much from DreamWorks as it was rare I needed much but I was a customer and Todd was a friend. This is absolutely disgraceful and I will no longer consider DreamWorks after this outburst. What a shame for Lisa and her deceased husbands legacy. You should be absolutely ashamed at yourself as a part of that team.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:10 PM
DWChris

Define PROFESSIONALISM. As we at DREAMWORKS have been nothing but the sort.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:16 PM
DWChris

There is no way I'm going to get into an RC U battle. Think what you want, decide what you want. Good luck to all. Life is way to short.
Old 06-20-2018, 06:33 PM
vquick
My Feedback: (71)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I never have a problem with the website always found what i need and if I have any problems i call and they will help me all the time; people want the stuff to easy or in there hand
Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Define PROFESSIONALISM. As we at DREAMWORKS have been nothing but the sort.
professionalism is not coming into rcu and calling customers names and acting like a child having a tantrum. DreamWorks has been professional and I never stated otherwise but you yourself have come on here with your tantrum representing the company and tarnished the name. People *****ing on a forum always has and always will happen. Employees coming on and basically giving a huge middle finger to them is entirely uncalled for.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:35 PM
DWChris

Oh CANADA!
Old 06-21-2018, 05:52 AM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I get the customer information loss when migrating to a new site. So be it. I'll sign up again. I understand it takes time to learn the new lay out. If you want some advice, figure out your search function. That is what I always used and never had trouble finding what I needed. I did a search for a 4mm fuel plug. The first page is a banana plug, a bunch of CARF planes, etc. The first fuel plug was 8 pages deep. The only reason I went that deep was to see if it actually returned any results that were fuel plugs.
Old 06-21-2018, 06:57 AM
TonyBuilder
My Feedback: (11)

If I was in the market for a CARF I would not have any issues finding it, it comes up in every search, way to go CARF ☺️
Old 06-21-2018, 07:10 AM
JohnVH
My Feedback: (38)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow... sad.

I think FIRED should be the correct wording.

Last edited by JohnVH; 06-21-2018 at 07:12 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.