Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Red Flag Havoc SS

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Red Flag Havoc SS

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 05:38 AM
F1 Rocket

Received 52 Likes on 32 Posts

George Hunter is the lucky one
Old 03-25-2018, 05:56 AM
AEROSHELDON
My Feedback: (99)

Received 80 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
Whomever won it is going to be very happy, Pablo was absolutely spanking one all week.
I hope some video of that surfaces.... mine should be here soon because I was in the first batch.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
I hope some video of that surfaces.... mine should be here soon because I was in the first batch.
Scott has been telling me "soon" for several months now.... lol
Old 03-25-2018, 11:46 AM
yeahbaby
My Feedback: (21)

Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Late April is estimate I just received.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:24 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Here's some stills I shot

Last edited by BarracudaHockey; 03-25-2018 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-25-2018, 03:26 PM
yeahbaby

Good looking bird. I should add, I didn’t receive an update just had conversation from elite aero boys while they were at FJ.
Old 03-26-2018, 04:01 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

I heard that one of these came apart at FJ?
Old 03-26-2018, 04:08 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Not the SS, it was a big Havoc
Old 03-26-2018, 09:17 AM
jws_aces
My Feedback: (33)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any idea or info.. I heard a couple turbines popped.. Don't know if that was in a Havoc or not? I can't imagine one coming apart due to stress.... I know of a friend that wasn't flying there at FL jets but he had a turbine explode in his new Havoc and damage the fuse but it supposed to fixable but the turbine is junk..
Old 03-26-2018, 10:26 AM
Zeeb

A friend said his K-310 exploded as well as two other K-310's. Don't know about the other two, but my friend said the T-wheel wasn't happy and came apart. Did some fuselage damage to his Havoc. Another friend had is Leo catch fire and it was destroyed. These were, I believe during Red Flag but might have included FJ. Didn't hear anything about a Havoc coming apart.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:46 AM
jws_aces

Wow.. I have a lot of hours on my 310 in my Havoc.. Hopefully it want have any of those issues. Will monitor this and others threads.. No don't know anything on the Havoc.
I do remember seeing a picture somewhere during the Redflag of a Leo burned fuse. Man I am sorry for that.. I know how it feels to lose one to fire...
Old 03-26-2018, 12:03 PM
why_fly_high
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jws_aces
Wow.. I have a lot of hours on my 310 in my Havoc.. Hopefully it want have any of those issues. Will monitor this and others threads.. No don't know anything on the Havoc.
I do remember seeing a picture somewhere during the Redflag of a Leo burned fuse. Man I am sorry for that.. I know how it feels to lose one to fire...
The burned Leo was from running out of fuel, landing in tall grass, and the tail pipe ignited the grass. Super unlucky.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:35 PM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by why_fly_high
The burned Leo was from running out of fuel, landing in tall grass, and the tail pipe ignited the grass. Super unlucky.
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture of the Leo was engine fire. Just conjecture but I would think he had an engine problem, engine quit, landed and then the fire set the grass ablaze. I've seen it happen a few times, Jeff's being one of them, but never saw a jet run out of fuel and cause a fire.
Old 03-26-2018, 11:50 PM
jws_aces

As you can see there appears to have been no damage to the internals before the fire

Originally Posted by causeitflies
The first thing I thought when I saw the picture of the Leo was engine fire. Just conjecture but I would think he had an engine problem, engine quit, landed and then the fire set the grass ablaze. I've seen it happen a few times, Jeff's being one of them, but never saw a jet run out of fuel and cause a fire.
I was thinking along the same lines. When my Hawk burnt to the ground in Ky jets back in 2015 I figured the flameout on the pass just before gear deployment was caused by a newly installed plastic Festo Filter on the pressure side just some 15 flights before. In hindsight I remember seeing a lot of moisture in that area but discounted to a vent hose for the smoke system that I sometimes had forgot to reattach after filling. After the incident I read alot about that filter and determined it had to be the cause of the flameout and fire that started before I could safely land the jet only to watch it burn to the ground from the lack of Fire Suppression equipment on the flight line.

I know from flight time the fuel level would have been about 1/3 of the tank left with the UAT .. the smoke system was empty (for sure because it ran dry during the fight).
So fuel was on board in my case. Not sure about the Leo, maybe the pilot was at the end of the flight time so that lead to the conclusion of the issues. either way it just sucks to sit there and watch it burn. At least it appears some if not most could have been salvage in front of the turbine.

He are the pictures of my K-210g post fire.. It go HOT in there!!
Old 03-27-2018, 04:11 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by causeitflies
That Leo was AJ, he was competing and need to finish the sequences, but started late due some traffic...anyway he said that he run out of fuel trying to finish it and after 9 minutes....well he was completely out of fuel, successfully landed in grass, since they sit on the tail without fuel...the grass cut fire...
Old 03-27-2018, 04:12 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
A friend said his K-310 exploded as well as two other K-310's. Don't know about the other two, but my friend said the T-wheel wasn't happy and came apart. Did some fuselage damage to his Havoc. Another friend had is Leo catch fire and it was destroyed. These were, I believe during Red Flag but might have included FJ. Didn't hear anything about a Havoc coming apart.
I'm wondering if the incredible g forces their putting on these big engines has anything to do with the failures. Anybody who has seen some of these Havoc flights (which I love), knows what I'm talking about. Just asking.

Craig
Old 03-27-2018, 07:23 AM
yeahbaby

Eyeballs out eyeballs in
Old 03-27-2018, 07:33 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CraigG
I'm wondering if the incredible g forces their putting on these big engines has anything to do with the failures. Anybody who has seen some of these Havoc flights (which I love), knows what I'm talking about. Just asking.

Craig
It has to, can't change the physics of momentum and inertia. Had a friend that used to fly a Comp Arf Eurosport like it was a 3D foamy, he went through a set of bearings in half the regular time.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:13 AM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by CraigG

Craig
I do not know about the other two, but my friend who's k-310 came apart, was flying the precision aerobatics stuff, not the free style. He said that he talked to Barry about it but didn't indicate what Barry told him.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:34 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I do not know about the other two, but my friend who's k-310 came apart, was flying the precision aerobatics stuff, not the free style. He said that he talked to Barry about it but didn't indicate what Barry told him.
To be fair, I don't think it's just Kingtech's that have failed. I'm under the impression they have gone through several turbines in the display Havocs.
Old 03-27-2018, 08:52 AM
causeitflies

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Dansy

That Leo was AJ, he was competing and need to finish the sequences, but started late due some traffic...anyway he said that he run out of fuel trying to finish it and after 9 minutes....well he was completely out of fuel, successfully landed in grass, since they sit on the tail without fuel...the grass cut fire...
That's some bad luck for sure. At least his engine shouldn't have much damage if the fire was external vs internal.
Old 03-27-2018, 05:12 PM
Modellbau USA
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
I heard that one of these came apart at FJ?
unfortuantly it was my Havoc. My left wing came apart in the air but I do not believe it was structural defect. I think it could have been some damage caused during transport to the event.

One thing I can tell you is that Pablo has been amazing and will be giving a great deal on a new one which I have ordered already. Also to help me out Franco from house of Power Hobbies has offered large discount on new servos and gear for my new Havoc. It’s such an amazing Plane, I had over 50 flights on my aircraft and I could not be happier.
Old 09-11-2018, 11:17 AM
guido123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

very nice scheme!