Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018, 11:25 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Announcement says trader feedback has been restored. I don't see it anywhere on mobile. Not only that, I tried searching using the filter "jet" today and if you look at an ad, when you click the back button it doesn't take you back to your filtered results, it takes you back to the main category.
Thanks for reporting the feedback not being visible on mobile skin. We will get that fixed.

The back button issue has already been reported and is being worked on.

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
why are the classifieds now being treated like a forum where I see items based on the date of the last post, not the listing date? I just looked at an ad that was at the bottom of the first page that was originally posted on 3/24. Why can't I look at the latest ads without having to sort though pages of stuff posted days or weeks ago, just because someone replied to the ad? Why can't the post date appear in the thumbnail? Post Date would be much more helpful than last post. At least tehn I could scan the page without going into each.
The new marketplace is a forum product. It links directly with the forums rather than being separate and therefore very difficult to maintain and upgrade. Post date versus last comment date is something we are currently looking at -- stay tuned!
Old 04-04-2018, 11:40 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
Ok, I've got one, why are the classifieds now being treated like a forum where I see items based on the date of the last post, not the listing date? I just looked at an ad that was at the bottom of the first page that was originally posted on 3/24. Why can't I look at the latest ads without having to sort though pages of stuff posted days or weeks ago, just because someone replied to the ad? Why can't the post date appear in the thumbnail? Post Date would be much more helpful than last post. At least tehn I could scan the page without going into each.
Just changed it from sorting by last reply, to thread post date. Give it a try!
Old 04-04-2018, 06:22 PM
jetmaven

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now comes the pop up ads complete with annoying music .
Now I have to track it down somewhere on the Jet Forum page just to kill it .
Seriously ?
Old 04-05-2018, 04:41 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think your going to have some angry people since there is no make offer button especially on this thread. Jeti USA Duplex EX R12 REX EPC 2.4GHz Receiver with Telemetry & Stabilization - RCU Forums

people are posting and pm'ing (I did) and someone is probably going to be unhappy especially if they thought they were first or had a higher offer.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:37 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
I think your going to have some angry people since there is no make offer button especially on this thread. Jeti USA Duplex EX R12 REX EPC 2.4GHz Receiver with Telemetry & Stabilization - RCU Forums

people are posting and pm'ing (I did) and someone is probably going to be unhappy especially if they thought they were first or had a higher offer.
Hi! We have announced that the way to make an offer is to REPLY to the ad, or send the seller a PM. As with any new system, it may take a small adjustment period to get used to the changes.
Old 04-05-2018, 09:37 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jetmaven
Now comes the pop up ads complete with annoying music .
Now I have to track it down somewhere on the Jet Forum page just to kill it .
Seriously ?
Can you post a screen shot?
Old 04-05-2018, 02:29 PM
jetmaven

I will the next time it comes up .
it was an ad for furniture or " home decor"
tks.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:35 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

Originally Posted by IBobi
Hi! We have announced that the way to make an offer is to REPLY to the ad, or send the seller a PM. As with any new system, it may take a small adjustment period to get used to the changes.
My opinion is quit jacking with a good thing. Its hard to understand why you are continuing down this path when it's apparent most members are against this change and are threatening to leave.
Old 04-05-2018, 06:42 PM
noahb
My Feedback: (67)

I just hope the final product is satisfactory to most members.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:10 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

You still cant continue to the 2nd page of *insert category here*, as soon as you select next page in any specific category it just takes you back go page 1 of All the categories.

Nothing about this new system is “just going to take getting used to”. It flat out SUCKS and i see little that will change my opinion of that.

Why you guys decided to change from the old system is beyond me, it didnt need “upgrading” and could of just been left alone and maintained the say it was.
Old 04-06-2018, 10:50 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by invertmast
You still cant continue to the 2nd page of *insert category here*, as soon as you select next page in any specific category it just takes you back go page 1 of All the categories.

What device, browser, and forum skin are you using? Working fine on all desktop browsers.

This is a problem on the mobile skin that we are working on.
Old 04-07-2018, 05:40 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought I would give this a few weeks before I even take a serious (and fair) look at the new site. I certainly don't see myself coming on here and browsing through the ads just for the sake of interest like I used to, just not worth the aggravation. When in the marketplace and clicking on boxes to narrow down our searches, whey not have it so we click ALL the boxes we want and then do the update ONCE and not every time we click a single box.....frustrating is putting it mildly. The RCU Marketplace used to be a good user friendly site to buy and sell......but that unfortunately, ship has sailed.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:06 AM
Cratus
My Feedback: (49)

What device, browser, and forum skin are you using? Working fine on all desktop browsers.

Sad thing about this whole thing is that the changes seem to have been motivated by money. Just look at the new pop up adds, increase advertisements, etc. The focus was money, period. Your team took a proven successful website and ruined it. Most of the features that made this the best RC site (IMO) were discarded. Everyone understands that to run a business, you need to make money. However, leadership failed by not including input from the site's subject matter experts -- modelers -- who have been part of the RCU community for years! I give you credit for listening and trying to fix things but you have a lot of holes to plug. I wish you and your team luck because this site has a lot of fans.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:26 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

doesn't work on my android phone using chrome and it doesn't work on my PC using Firefox. Put jet in the filter and it takes you to jets(ish) but if you look at an ad and then use the back button it just takes you back to airplanes in general. You have to type the filter in again.
The filter is crap too. I can find jet ads in the general airplane category that don't show up when you use the filter. I keep hoping you'll actually get this fixed but considering you've already started in another thread there is no chance of going back my feelings are the forum owners or whoever is in charge really doesn't care and is just willing to lose members since many will just stay and eventually accept what a crap site it's become. With the hobby shrinking in general one would think a site like rcu would want to do whatever it takes to keep the membership happy. Clearly not the case here.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:38 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Here's a good example of the filters issue. If I go to engines and put "turbine" in the filter it shows me 3 ad's. If I simply scroll through the general engines category there are 7 ad's for turbines. I only scrolled through the general engines category to prove that point. I would never scroll through an entire general category to find a turbine as I don't care about electric motors or mufflers for a big gas engine. Other sites do exactly what you have done here and it's rarer than rare I use those classifieds.

Like probably 90% of all modelers when I go to the classifieds I am window shopping. I end up buying stuff I don't need or didn't know I wanted on impulse. Classified ads on a forum are not a hobby store. The only time I go into a hobby store or go to say horizons site is when I need something very specific, like a servo or bottle of glue. But I used to browse the rcu classifieds daily because I could view just items of interest to me. I've bought way more than I care to admit just because I saw it in the rcu marketplace and it was a great deal. You seem to have not realized that rcu is more like a swap meet and not a hobby shop. Having to sort through all the ads and see 50 items you don't care about just to accidentally find one that interests you is awful.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:59 AM
jonkoppisch

The rcu book values tool was nice to have when selling something or checking the price when you were buying. It won't work with the new system though...
Old 04-07-2018, 11:09 AM
flyrcjets
My Feedback: (30)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I won't be using this marketplace any longer.
I can't support a community driven site that upgrades for advertising at the expense of said community.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:50 AM
TimD.
My Feedback: (207)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

This was done before in 2006 if you guys remember.

I believe the site was altered to suite smartphones. The newer generation lives their life through their phone devices. RCU SIMPLIFIED ! OH well , RCG will be getting more ads now.
Old 04-07-2018, 02:22 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

oh lets see:

iphone:
safari, firefox, chrome, dolphin and about 3 others, all have the same problem.

PC: firefox, safari, chrome and IE all the same problem.

Did i mention how horrible the new classifieds as?
Old 04-07-2018, 02:47 PM
jonkoppisch

Every time I make a new classified I have to re enter my country, state, city and zip. Is there a way that it will remember it?
Old 04-08-2018, 08:54 AM
ChemE

Default Coke vs Coke Classic

I have been a member for around a year. I have spent a fair amount of money buying and selling on this site. In my opinion, the old Market place was the most professional around.

It is a possibility that the site owners are having a difficult time monetizing the site and wanted to reduce support costs. If that is the case, maybe they should charge a yearly fee of $25 to members. A person spending $3000 on a model is not going to be phased by a $25 fee. Maybe the site owners faced legal exposure and wanted to reduce their involvement in the transactions. It is difficult to determine the issues since there does not seem to be good communication from the site managers.

This change does remind me of Coke and Coke Classic fiasco. Wanting to be more like Pepsi, Coke reformulated about 30 years ago causing a big backlash. The upheaval was so great that the New Coke Classic was re-introduced.

RCU, go back to the old market place!!!!!

Sahag
Old 04-08-2018, 02:43 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Here's a good example of the filters issue. If I go to engines and put "turbine" in the filter it shows me 3 ad's. If I simply scroll through the general engines category there are 7 ad's for turbines. I only scrolled through the general engines category to prove that point. I would never scroll through an entire general category to find a turbine as I don't care about electric motors or mufflers for a big gas engine. Other sites do exactly what you have done here and it's rarer than rare I use those classifieds.

Like probably 90% of all modelers when I go to the classifieds I am window shopping. I end up buying stuff I don't need or didn't know I wanted on impulse. Classified ads on a forum are not a hobby store. The only time I go into a hobby store or go to say horizons site is when I need something very specific, like a servo or bottle of glue. But I used to browse the rcu classifieds daily because I could view just items of interest to me. I've bought way more than I care to admit just because I saw it in the rcu marketplace and it was a great deal. You seem to have not realized that rcu is more like a swap meet and not a hobby shop. Having to sort through all the ads and see 50 items you don't care about just to accidentally find one that interests you is awful.
problem with the whole filters idea is, if the seller did not use whatever word you are filtering for in the add, it gets skipped. or if the word in another context appears in some non related add, that shows up.
Old 04-08-2018, 02:48 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by reo
I thought I would give this a few weeks before I even take a serious (and fair) look at the new site. I certainly don't see myself coming on here and browsing through the ads just for the sake of interest like I used to, just not worth the aggravation. When in the marketplace and clicking on boxes to narrow down our searches, whey not have it so we click ALL the boxes we want and then do the update ONCE and not every time we click a single box.....frustrating is putting it mildly. The RCU Marketplace used to be a good user friendly site to buy and sell......but that unfortunately, ship has sailed.
at the same time, how about making those choices we make, the default for our profile? that way, we do not have to keep re entering them every visit.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:04 PM
joeflyer
My Feedback: (48)

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
problem with the whole filters idea is, if the seller did not use whatever word you are filtering for in the add, it gets skipped. or if the word in another context appears in some non related add, that shows up.
BINGO !!! You can't rely on every poster to always use the same key words in their ads. The answer is to bring back the sub-categories, so that the poster has to chose Jet, Warbird, Scale, etc. when the ad is listed. I don't want to sift through hundreds of glow or electric trainers if I'm looking for a jet.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:41 PM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One thing that really ticks me off. At the end of my RCU jet session, I always go and click on mark forum read. It’s so tiny and guess what’s right next to it? Unsubscribe to forum. And while you’re trying to do this, all the ads are popping up and moving everything around making pushing the right line correctly. I know it’s minor to some people but to me, a real irritant.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.