Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Old 05-01-2018, 04:09 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch

I reached my total allotment of 2 ads without paying....

Now that's a new one for me as I've not been to the Market Place since my first less than impressed visit. Are you saying that people have to pay to view the listings?
Old 05-01-2018, 04:13 PM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
Now that's a new one for me as I've not been to the Market Place since my first less than impressed visit. Are you saying that people have to pay to view the listings?
To post more than 2 per day. Viewing is free of course.
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/payments.php
Old 05-01-2018, 04:32 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
I will see if we can get the marketplace to remember your state, city etc.

What do you mean when you say "under options all I have is airplane, airplane acc, etc. no option for helis or radios"? If you click GET STARTED (create listing), then SELL, then you can select any kind of radio or heli. If you do not see those options, let us know what device and browser you're using, and whether your're using the mobile skin or the desktop.
Great, You would think if you're logged in it would remember where you're from. The old site plus the forum remembers me and where I'm from..

Pics show where I select sell

what comes up next is the categories

the last pic shows the unpopulated location

I'm using an iPad with safari
Old 05-01-2018, 04:39 PM
IBobi

Thank you, I will report that to tech. Meantime if you can use something other than an ipad, that might work better for you.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:33 AM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch

Every time I enter an ad I have to re input what country I'm from, what state, what city and my zip. The old software new that..

Your browser can be set to retain this information as along as you do not clear it.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:42 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

My browser does retain that information and automatically logs me in. The Forum knows where I'm from and what country I'm in. New software should perform functions better not worse
Old 05-02-2018, 11:48 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

It appears an admin deleted my post. Coincidentally around that time a new post was made by IBobi. I should not be surprised.
Old 05-14-2018, 08:05 AM
ChemE

Hei IBobi,

The old offer and acceptance is necessary. This way you know the item is sold. Bring back the old market and charge for it . It is better than what you have. I tried reaching the seller of an engine and no reply. This is not working for me or other people and I think you all know this.

Sahag
Old 05-14-2018, 12:56 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ChemE
Hei IBobi,

This is not working for me or other people and I think you all know this.

Sahag
they know. They also know that these threads are slowing down and people are being forced to deal with it and they are starting to. They know when a forum is changed people will complain but evenif those complaints are justified (as in this case) if they ignore it long enough people will just accept it. It's a shame. They had the best classifieds of any rc forum. Now they just have a huge middle finger pointed at the members.
Old 05-14-2018, 02:19 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

the other thing ya gotta be aware of is, those sites are also VB based.
this site is owned by the same folks that own and develop VB.
what we have here will be what those sites get in their next upgrade.
Old 05-14-2018, 05:15 PM
ChemE

In an earlier comment, I swore that further comment on this change in the market was a form of self abuse, I must love this torture.

Sahag
Old 05-14-2018, 07:54 PM
mongo

well, you are a modeler...
and jets at that...
Old 05-17-2018, 02:49 PM
ChemE

Does anyone have numbers on the quantity of adds RCU is currently getting? An initial estimate is around 300 per week. This number is 50% off past performance. I wonder how long these folks are going to go before they realize they have a problem? Can anyone tell me how to get the stats on the site?

Sahag
Old 05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

All I want to do it to thank them for this change! Before this, for me it was : Look, see, want and buy. Since the change, I have only tried once to contact a seller and that failed too. Now, days go by and i don't look at the classified part of RCU. maybe famous chefs should try introducing bad tasting food so we can lose weight too!
Old 05-17-2018, 03:02 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChemE
Does anyone have numbers on the quantity of adds RCU is currently getting? An initial estimate is around 300 per week. This number is 50% off past performance. I wonder how long these folks are going to go before they realize they have a problem? Can anyone tell me how to get the stats on the site?

Sahag
Where are you getting these numbers from and what ads are you referring to?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:06 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Since the change, I have only tried once to contact a seller and that failed
How did you do it and what happened?
Old 05-17-2018, 03:11 PM
ChemE

Go to the main page. There are 20 adds/page if you go back 16 pages the post dates are 5/05/18 16x20 is 320. The adds are unsorted.

If I am wrong, please let me know. If I am to pay for adds, I want to know the site statistics. They used to post statistics see sample below:

649 ads posted in the past week

1,239 ad responses in the past week

52,916 ad views in the past week4

,529,298 total posts in the market historically

1,838,732,417 total ad views in the market historically

Sahag

Last edited by ChemE; 05-17-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 05-17-2018, 04:35 PM
mongo

i used to get 2 to 2 1/2 pages of 60 per page of jets classifieds.
now less than 2 pages of 20 per page.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:00 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

I used to go to the jet adds each night like a ritual and browse but after the change I lost interest. Too much other stuff mixed in and Im not interested in posting any more adds because of the loss of control of invoicing and poor communication channels. It was sort of like a gut punch to my hobby but now after weeks of the new way with no effort to restore the functionality of the old system Ive lost interest in it.
Old 05-17-2018, 06:18 PM
mongo

hate to say it...
but,
dittos, man, dittos
Old 05-17-2018, 06:24 PM
niteflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old habits are hard to break,,, I still check the Jets classified every evening, but quite honestly, I rarely click on a ad to read the details
because once you do when you hit the back button your back to the over all listings and need to scroll to the sub category list to get to the
jets only section once again. A total pain in the hind end!!! Kind of mind boggling that they have known about the issue with the back
button for over 5 weeks and no resolution in sight. I guess that the free classified section isn't worth the effort. It all depends on what the
advertisers that do pay think about all this as for how long the site will stay afloat or SINK..............
Old 05-17-2018, 07:11 PM
mongo

a work around for that back thing,
use a right click and select open link in new window, or open link in new tab,
either will prevent having to use the back button, and will also allow the link to stay open, if you want to do some side by side comparisons.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:34 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper1GJ
I used to go to the jet adds each night like a ritual and browse but after the change I lost interest. Too much other stuff mixed in and Im not interested in posting any more adds because of the loss of control of invoicing and poor communication channels. It was sort of like a gut punch to my hobby but now after weeks of the new way with no effort to restore the functionality of the old system Ive lost interest in it.
We're still working on creating the marketplace into a more user friendly environment. Unfortunately, we can't just roll out updates all the time due to time constraints and resources. Many of these complaints are to be addressed with the next update.
Old 05-18-2018, 07:57 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBThomas
We're still working on creating the marketplace into a more user friendly environment. Unfortunately, we can't just roll out updates all the time due to time constraints and resources. Many of these complaints are to be addressed with the next update.
LOL, it's been almost 2 months since this thread was started.... If the old market place was graded 100% and the new one graded 10% the "updates" you have done brings it up to a generous 15%. It's obvious that the biggest desire from people is to have the old marketplace back with the make offer, invoicing, etc that the old marketplace had. It's also glaringly obvious that the intent is to keep it the forum based garbage it's become where those options will not be available. There have been multiple comments made about issues in the marketplace from multiple users and admin's response is "It works fine for us on all platforms", "Show us screenshots" "use something besides an Ipad".....
Sorry but it's become rather impossible to believe that you're working on any changes to repair the functionality of the marketplace at this point.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:36 AM
LGM Graphix

Lol now I get this message on some of the ads I tried to look at.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.