Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 08:28 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
Lol - would you people not step back and have a look at yourselves It's a toy plane website and you're acting like the sky has fallen. Seems to work for me - open it up, look at some toy planes and general histrionics, then go back to whatever task I was avoiding in the first place by looking at toys on the internet.

They seem to be fixing the classifieds and reacting to feedback - I just hope they do it in time before something really serious happens and various members of the community need to seek counselling to get over the trauma.
Click image for larger version

Name:	2je5rg1.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	2260014

This guy.....
Old 04-12-2018, 09:26 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I just tried the new marketplace on Chrome browser, it looks like they are putting in legacy features, the search selections are working for me (I pick "Jets" and it seems to sort just like the old marketplace). I also saw you can sort by the "latest generated" ad as opposed the the latest ads with posts.

I sympathize with the site, I cant tell you how many times we finally bit the bullet and replaced some unmaintainable code, it can be miserable for everyone involved.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:00 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you folks, you don't know how much we appreciate the empathy <3
Old 04-12-2018, 10:09 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by invertmast

i just did what Jeremy (LGM) brought up as a problem. Its the same on an Iphone X on the latest Ios w/o using the “mobile” specific pages.

“Jets” and “engines-turbines” are the only selected filters and im getting a whole lot of neither.
Myself and IBobi are still unable to reproduce this problem. It's working fine on our iPhones. Can you give me a step-by-step run through of how you're searching these results? It also might help to clear your browser history, cache, and cookies on your phone. Maybe your phone is hanging onto to some vestiges of the old marketplace.

Last edited by IBThomas; 04-12-2018 at 10:23 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:18 AM
IBobi

^^^ to try to reproduce this, this is what I did:
  • On iphone X, go to RCU
  • Go to marketplace
  • Select VIEW FULL SITE from the hamburger menu top left
  • Click the + next to AIRPLANES to open the subcategories
  • Select JETS and Englines-turbines
  • Get a list of ads for jets and turbines
Worked as expected.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:15 PM
IBobi

Still working on the back button issue as well. Stay tuned.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:40 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Andrew Bird
Lol - would you people not step back and have a look at yourselves It's a toy plane website and you're acting like the sky has fallen. Seems to work for me - open it up, look at some toy planes and general histrionics, then go back to whatever task I was avoiding in the first place by looking at toys on the internet.

They seem to be fixing the classifieds and reacting to feedback - I just hope they do it in time before something really serious happens and various members of the community need to seek counselling to get over the trauma.
Yes the new format works just fine for me.. Mind you, i don't use the market.

One great improvement is the way photos are now uploaded and displayed. So much better and easier than the previous system which was hit and miss at best..

Now back to my work tasks before the boss catches me.
Old 04-14-2018, 05:52 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ravill
Attachment 2260014

This guy.....
Actually it is serious business. 😀
Old 04-14-2018, 05:08 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
^^^ to try to reproduce this, this is what I did:
  • On iphone X, go to RCU
  • Go to marketplace
  • Select VIEW FULL SITE from the hamburger menu top left
  • Click the + next to AIRPLANES to open the subcategories
  • Select JETS and Englines-turbines
  • Get a list of ads for jets and turbines
Worked as expected.
thats exactly what i did, still shows a bunch of not jets/turbines.
Old 04-15-2018, 10:26 AM
niteflyer

Just tried placing some new for sale ads on the "improved" site. Some of the pictures didn't make it
thru to the final ad posting, just shows a x in a box. I thought others said that they loaded faster, that's
nothing I noticed. Was cut off after 2 ads ?? As the OP stated, "change is hard" but the old version
of RCU buy/sell was a dragon slayer of the other guys. This change has made me rethink the us or them
situation. I wanted to stick to RCU because I had (HAD) over 350 trader feedbacks but my new ads show
I have 0 trader ratings. And as for the browsing at the for sale ads..... the back button takes you way way
back instead of where you were.... CRAZY !!!
I hope they get it figured out before the boat sinks totally
Old 04-15-2018, 03:54 PM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

I still can't find "my ads" (archived and current) like we used to be able to.
Old 04-15-2018, 07:02 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

hope they get it somewhat cleaned up before the rest of the folks leave here. seems that post count across the platform is down compared to feb/march.
Old 04-15-2018, 08:31 PM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure what they screwed up this time, half the pictures didn't show up a few minutes ago.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:17 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by niteflyer
Just tried placing some new for sale ads on the "improved" site. Some of the pictures didn't make it
thru to the final ad posting, just shows a x in a box. I thought others said that they loaded faster, that's
nothing I noticed. Was cut off after 2 ads ?? As the OP stated, "change is hard" but the old version
of RCU buy/sell was a dragon slayer of the other guys. This change has made me rethink the us or them
situation. I wanted to stick to RCU because I had (HAD) over 350 trader feedbacks but my new ads show
I have 0 trader ratings. And as for the browsing at the for sale ads..... the back button takes you way way
back instead of where you were.... CRAZY !!!
I hope they get it figured out before the boat sinks totally
Originally Posted by rcmigpilot
Not sure what they screwed up this time, half the pictures didn't show up a few minutes ago.
​​​​​​​
The image issue has been logged and reported. Hopefully a fix is on the way.

Last edited by IBThomas; 04-16-2018 at 09:19 AM.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:18 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by reo
I still can't find "my ads" (archived and current) like we used to be able to.
In the filter bar to the left of your browser there is a "My Listings" option
Old 04-16-2018, 01:44 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by invertmast
thats exactly what i did, still shows a bunch of not jets/turbines.
Please try clearing your browser's cache. If we are both using the same platform and getting different results, it must be your browser.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:28 AM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
Please try clearing your browser's cache. If we are both using the same platform and getting different results, it must be your browser.

I did and changed nothing on my Iphone X and it works fine now.
Old 04-26-2018, 06:09 PM
ChemE

You need several items to make this new software work:
  1. Offer and acceptance
  2. Billing and automatic tie in to paypal
  3. historical data ( all my sales, market values etc.)
  4. Better feedback. In the old site, feedback could be done at the time of invoice
I guess the reason i am pointing to Legacy attributes is that the legacy software was clearly superior. Can anyone please tell me what is better about the new market vs the legacy site?

Sahag
Old 04-26-2018, 06:36 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by ChemE
I guess the reason i am pointing to Legacy attributes is that the legacy software was clearly superior. Can anyone please tell me what is better about the new market vs the legacy site?

Sahag
Nothing. Whatever pluses the new site may have, the compromises/glitches so vastly outweigh any positives there just isn't anything to talk about. You want to know what to do? You've been told. If you do not bring back the old site/software, this website/forum is done. Guys, including me, are already showing up on other forums. I personally have not visited the Market Place since my first foray there after it's introduction. I'm not interested in spending a bunch of time trying to find things that interest me (primarily turbine/radio) which are basically impossible to track down.

edit info:
This response was intended for the RCU IT folks, not sure how I got the idea it was them asking for input on how the new website is better. Sorry 'bout that @Sahag....

Last edited by Zeeb; 04-26-2018 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2018, 02:49 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where is everybody bailing out to? All I see right now are old threads being rehashed. Surely there’s more happening in the jet market than this?
Old 04-27-2018, 05:51 PM
ChemE

As I can see, each of the different sites services different markets:

RCG has the best battery,charger, miscellaneous rc equipment, glow engines, electric planes, and electric components
FG has Larger scale planes, servos, radios and engines including exhausts

RCU is more general, but the old market was so good that it split the site wonderfully between high end items and small garage sale adds. If I were to buy a jet, The old RCU marketplace was it. No other site had the War Birds of RCU. I agree with Zeeb, I have checked the site maybe less than 10 times in the last month. Can't find what I want.

Well, I hope management wakes up. There must be a reason the old market is still up. They must be thinking about going back. I hope so. I still would fire the guy that made this decision.

At worst, if management knew of a software problem in the old market-place and did nothing but come up with this mish-mash product, they clearly do not value their users. I think this is my last post on this issue. Further commentary is the equivalent of self abuse.

Sahag
Old 04-29-2018, 08:02 AM
niteflyer

It has been over two weeks since the new subcategories were rolled out to help solve the search problems on
the "new and improved" market place. That is a move in the right direction but I hope the powers that be don't
think that all is well. It is far from it. The problem with the back button (which "they" acknowledged as a problem)
still takes you back to the overall search instead of the subcategory that you are searching in and that is driving
me absolutely nuts........ I have listed a couple items to try out the workability of it all and I have people giving up
on the purchase because there seems to be no protocols on how to do it. Plus I lost my trader feedback of 350+
transactions and some people don't feel comfortable dealing with a seller with 0 feedback...
If the change was because of incompatibility of the old system then I hope they can figure out how to move forward
with the new system BUT if the old system was dropped "just because" than I surly vote to go BACK

As
for the question of where is everyone bailing to ????? I don't know, I personally didn't care for the other guys
in the first place that's why I did 99% of my trading on RCU but I did list a few items over there again, but for the most
part Non Of The Above are as good as it used to be.. That all said, it's all free, so I guess I better quit *****ing
and play along like a good boy ;-(

Arnold
Old 04-29-2018, 11:18 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

More turbine stuff is showing up on FG. Their categories aren't broken down as much as RCGroups, but there's a bigger "expensive" plane crowd if you will? The last model I bought was a NIB T-One with all the goodies to put it together including the turbine from a seller on FG. I've bought primarily electrical stuff on RCGroups and not had any issues there either.

There are jet forums on each website, but don't amount to much right now but their gaining members with usernames I recognize from here on RCU.
Old 05-01-2018, 01:45 PM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Still don't like it

Every time I enter an ad I have to re input what country I'm from, what state, what city and my zip. The old software new that..

I listed a radio but under options all I have is airplane, airplane acc, etc. no option for helis or radios..

I reached my total allotment of 2 ads without paying....

Old 05-01-2018, 04:07 PM
IBobi

Originally Posted by jonkoppisch
Every time I enter an ad I have to re input what country I'm from, what state, what city and my zip. The old software new that..

I listed a radio but under options all I have is airplane, airplane acc, etc. no option for helis or radios..
I will see if we can get the marketplace to remember your state, city etc.

What do you mean when you say "under options all I have is airplane, airplane acc, etc. no option for helis or radios"? If you click GET STARTED (create listing), then SELL, then you can select any kind of radio or heli. If you do not see those options, let us know what device and browser you're using, and whether your're using the mobile skin or the desktop.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.