Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2018, 09:49 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Man really? I been a member before it was rcuniverse
Old 09-09-2018, 10:59 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by blhollo2
everyones left rcuniverise and joined rcgroups so much better!
I dont know about that. I look at the rcgroups jet page and it's pretty slow. The jet classifieds there have picked up a little. The ones here do suck though.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I dont know about that. I look at the rcgroups jet page and it's pretty slow. The jet classifieds there have picked up a little. The ones here do suck though.
There are a lot of models and related stuff showing up on FG as well. Still mostly IMAC stuff but some turbines are showing up and the jet forum on FG has started to pick up as well.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Vettster

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeeb
There are a lot of models and related stuff showing up on FG as well. Still mostly IMAC stuff but some turbines are showing up and the jet forum on FG has started to pick up as well.
I don't know about that.. The RCG Fuel Jet classifieds are twice as busy than ever before! You do realize that RCG and FG are one in the same right? FG is 90% IMAC is all.
Old 09-09-2018, 02:02 PM
AV8ATOR
My Feedback: (5)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Still get most of my info needed from RCU. Even though I agree with most of what is said here.. Just my 2 cents.
Old 09-09-2018, 03:40 PM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't noticed anyone leaving RCU. Kind of a broad statement IMO.
Old 09-09-2018, 04:29 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

2 X (almost 0) is still not a lot...
Old 09-10-2018, 04:26 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by SECRET AGENT
I left the classifieds. I only do RCG now. The rating system on RCU, which IMO was second to none, is worthless now. Anyone can rate you without an actual transaction.
It sucks to navigate too. I left it room for improvement, but nahh, RCU doesn't care.....

David
Old 09-10-2018, 05:26 AM
Auburn02
My Feedback: (1)

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Agreed. I would argue that maybe 5-10% of forum members here ever used the classifieds other than just browsing through them. While it sucks having to look more places, as far as actual information and forum discussion the activity here is still 100x what RCG has going in the jet forums. And that's another thing, forums - there are two forums (Fuel Jet Talk and Jet Turbines) and no one can seem to figure out how to separate them. I presume the latter was intended for engine discussion, but that's not what it's used for. So if you actually want to go read about jet stuff, you have to swap between them both.
Old 09-11-2018, 04:26 AM
reo
My Feedback: (130)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rcu ads

I used to go to the ads almost every day, haven't now for weeks, not worth the frustration any more.
Old 09-11-2018, 02:30 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

If anyone has an specific criticisms of the marketplace, we'd be glad to hear it. Your input is always welcomed and help's us get a sense of what the community wants. If you take a look at our most resent announcement ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cont...g-updates.html ), I think most you would be glad to see that we've addressed and will continue to address a lot of the concerns that the community has.

It's also much easier to have your voice and concerns heard if you post in the marketplace questions and problems forum: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/mark...ns-problem-63/
Old 09-11-2018, 02:39 PM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
I left the classifieds. I only do RCG now. The rating system on RCU, which IMO was second to none, is worthless now. Anyone can rate you without an actual transaction.
It sucks to navigate too. I left it room for improvement, but nahh, RCU doesn't care.....

David
Hi David,

Recently (last week) navigation improved immensely in the Marketplace. If there are still areas that are bothering you, please let IBThomas know, so he can pass it along to the developers. The whole reason we keep improving the site is due to feedback from people like you.

As to your concern that people with whom you have not transacted will rate you, have you seen this behavior happen? If so, please report it to a mod immediately -- this can be taken care of, if we hear about it.

Thank you,

Paul
Old 09-11-2018, 02:50 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
If anyone has an specific criticisms of the marketplace, we'd be glad to hear it. Your input is always welcomed and help's us get a sense of what the community wants. If you take a look at our most resent announcement ( http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/cont...g-updates.html ), I think most you would be glad to see that we've addressed and will continue to address a lot of the concerns that the community has.

It's also much easier to have your voice and concerns heard if you post in the marketplace questions and problems forum: MarketPlace questions or problem? - RCU Forums
Hi, one of the problems that I have encountered 3 times already is that to try to buy something, you have to post which I have done. But, that would not assign an order to the offer as it did in the past system. So, although I was going to pay full price, the seller missed my post and sold the item to the person that came a lot later. this is the same problem that other sites had before RCU make the change. It would be most professional if some sort of offering system comes in place of writing and posting like a thread so seller sees the order that offers have come and in a way would obligate them to honor the order.

Behzad
Old 09-11-2018, 03:13 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by DUCMOZ
Hi, one of the problems that I have encountered 3 times already is that to try to buy something, you have to post which I have done. But, that would not assign an order to the offer as it did in the past system. So, although I was going to pay full price, the seller missed my post and sold the item to the person that came a lot later. this is the same problem that other sites had before RCU make the change. It would be most professional if some sort of offering system comes in place of writing and posting like a thread so seller sees the order that offers have come and in a way would obligate them to honor the order.

Behzad
Hi Behzad,

Thanks for the input. Like the rest of the forum, replies to listings appear in chronological order, It's unlikely that we'd be able to change the order of posts by something like price offered. Even if we were to make it so the most senior posts appeared last, a seller would be just as likely to miss a reply since they'd have to scroll past all the other newer replies.

However, one way you might be able to gain the attention of sellers is by utilizing the private messaging system in addition to replying to the thread. Here you can either send a conventional private message, or private message them with an offer.

I've outlined in red where you can access Private Messaging in the marketplace:

Old 10-28-2018, 07:40 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I’ve just went to the classifieds to look around and it still is really bad. Clicked on an Intruder for sale and it says invalid. How could it be invalid address if they list it?!? BUT! The worst part is when you first click on the ads and you start looking through them. Try to click on an ad but it’s already switched to something else because it’s position is constantly bouncing around due to all the pop ups loading in. And no, I don’t have slow internet access. I’ll continue to use it because there’s not much else out there but it’s really painful to use any more
Old 10-28-2018, 09:15 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I have to say I keep going to the RCU classifieds in HOPES that I find they've improved. I think the problem is that compared to most other websites the classifieds here are average, but compared to what they USED to be they are awful. RCU had the best classified system out there prior to this "upgrade". You still cannot see feedback on a mobile phone. There is no official make offer feature like there used to be where offers could be made public or private, now it's just another forum thread. There is no invoice system like there used to be or payment system etc.

While members have adapted to the RCU forums and are still posting in the forum the classifieds traffic has slowed down significantly. I don't feel at all like it's simply a case of less items for sale, I think that people feel the same way, compared to what it used to be it's now awful. With so many people using mobile phones to browse, the fact that you cannot see trader ratings is ridiculous. I recently sold a turbine. For the first time ever I didn't even bother listing it on RCU. I used RCCanada, RCgroups, and facebook. It was sold in less than 24 hours.

As mentioned above there are ad's that are in the RCU marketplace that when you click them it says invalid link, I get the same thing on the A6 ad. I brought this up months ago and the only response was "we can't get this to replicate". Feedback has gone largely ignored, the jet classifieds on here used to be one of the busiest sections, now it's just another tiny section that is almost forgotten.

I know it will never go back to the way it was, it's sure a shame though. A lot of us used the RCU classifeds for buying and/or selling regularly.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:58 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

Do not base your opinion on what/who you see posted in this jet forum. I used to have about six forums I followed every day plus the Market Place where I bought and sold some items.

Now, this is the ONLY forum I visit consistently and occasionally I'll open the radio forum.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:03 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
I’ve just went to the classifieds to look around and it still is really bad. Clicked on an Intruder for sale and it says invalid. How could it be invalid address if they list it?!? BUT! The worst part is when you first click on the ads and you start looking through them. Try to click on an ad but it’s already switched to something else because it’s position is constantly bouncing around due to all the pop ups loading in. And no, I don’t have slow internet access. I’ll continue to use it because there’s not much else out there but it’s really painful to use any more
What browser and device is this happening on? I'd like to recreate the issue so I can report it to our team, but I haven't ran into that using my desktop with Google Chrome and windows 7.
Old 10-30-2018, 08:20 AM
Pondus

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I get the same invalid message when I click on the Intruder ad. Both on my Android phone using Chrome and on my laptop running Windows 10 using either Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

​​​​​
Old 10-30-2018, 09:09 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
I have to say I keep going to the RCU classifieds in HOPES that I find they've improved. I think the problem is that compared to most other websites the classifieds here are average, but compared to what they USED to be they are awful. RCU had the best classified system out there prior to this "upgrade". You still cannot see feedback on a mobile phone. There is no official make offer feature like there used to be where offers could be made public or private, now it's just another forum thread. There is no invoice system like there used to be or payment system etc.

While members have adapted to the RCU forums and are still posting in the forum the classifieds traffic has slowed down significantly. I don't feel at all like it's simply a case of less items for sale, I think that people feel the same way, compared to what it used to be it's now awful. With so many people using mobile phones to browse, the fact that you cannot see trader ratings is ridiculous. I recently sold a turbine. For the first time ever I didn't even bother listing it on RCU. I used RCCanada, RCgroups, and facebook. It was sold in less than 24 hours.

As mentioned above there are ad's that are in the RCU marketplace that when you click them it says invalid link, I get the same thing on the A6 ad. I brought this up months ago and the only response was "we can't get this to replicate". Feedback has gone largely ignored, the jet classifieds on here used to be one of the busiest sections, now it's just another tiny section that is almost forgotten.

I know it will never go back to the way it was, it's sure a shame though. A lot of us used the RCU classifeds for buying and/or selling regularly.
While your criticisms are valid, I think it's unfair to say that feedback has gone largely ignored. Since the update we've rolled out multiple fixes that directly addressed issues raised by the community and have made improvements to navigation. We know there's more to be desired out of the marketplace, and we are and will continue to listen to the community - improving the marketplace is a process that we are actively working on.

As for the issues with the invalid links, we aren't doubting that these are happening, we just haven't been able to recreate the issue yet. Until that is done, there isn't much we can work with. The more information we can get from those that have experienced the problem, the easier it will be for us to identify the root cause of the issue.

Thanks for your concern about the itrader ratings on mobile, I've brought this up with our team in the hope that we can deliver it to you and everyone else.
Old 10-30-2018, 09:13 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by Pondus
I get the same invalid message when I click on the Intruder ad. Both on my Android phone using Chrome and on my laptop running Windows 10 using either Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

​​​​​
Can you link me to the ad?
Old 10-30-2018, 11:22 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11655837

win10, sea monkey 2.49.4

and your question in post #96 is exactly why we have no trust in your abilities to get this stuff straightened out.
yall are not modelers, and have no actual understanding of what we want, need, or do.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:29 AM
Pondus

I'm now at the computer in the workshop @ my flying club, it's running Windows 7, and either Chrome or Opera and both give me the same message :

Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

So I do feel sorry for the guy trying to sell that Intruder as it looks like it's kinda hard to get a look at his ad...
Old 10-30-2018, 11:59 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can view the intruder ad on desktop with Chrome or FF.

I can also view it on iPhone x with Safari and Chrome.

No issues whatsoever.

@ibthomas make sure you try it with non-admin account. Looks like it throws that error when I sign out and try to view.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Pondus

Originally Posted by IBobi
I can view the intruder ad on desktop with Chrome or FF.

I can also view it on iPhone x with Safari and Chrome.

No issues whatsoever.

@ibthomas make sure you try it with non-admin account. Looks like it throws that error when I sign out and try to view.
Good for you...

I'm at work now, tried to have a look at that Intruder ad again (looks like a really nice plane btw) and no luck. This desktop computer is running Windows 7 and Chrome or Internet Explorer, I still get the same error message. Does not matter if I am logged in or not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.