Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Power Box Cockpit SRS HELP !!!

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Power Box Cockpit SRS HELP !!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2018, 01:50 AM
advent996
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Box Cockpit SRS HELP !!!

I've decided to use a Power Box Cockpit SRS in a Skymaster Hawk. I am stumped as to how to properly set up the gear/door sequencing thru SETUP ASSISTANT. I am using Xicoy vslves for retracts and doors. It doesn't appear that the unit automatically detects the gear switch when toggled. I've tried multiple configurations with no luck. Should both Xicoys be plugged into the sequencer outputs ??

would love yo talk with someone who has set one up.

thx...

Bill
360-202-4786
Old 03-29-2018, 02:23 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck, I've never been able to get the Powerbox gear sequencer to work either. I'm not that smart I guess, all I did was plug a Jomar sequencer in and the gear and doors sequence perfectly. Even if someone did come along and said do this or that, I would still not bother with it.

Jomar unit is tucked in out of view.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:04 AM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I stopped buying power box due to programming, I just do everything in my radio and servos with sbus. I don’t think it’s really that hard but the instructions are not very clear. Guess if you use their stuff long enough it things make sense.

Last edited by FenderBean; 03-29-2018 at 04:12 AM.
Old 03-29-2018, 04:57 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I set one up and it worked just fine. But I have set up several PBoxes, but only one with the gear controller. But that one's gear controls worked just fine. PBoxes can be intimidating until you get thru it once. It helps to have someone guide you thru the first one. But once you get thru it once, you can't beat them!

Best thing to do is lay all your electronics out on a bench and work thru it. Once you have it all working, then put the components in the plane and make final travel limits. Once you do that a couple times, then I found I could skip laying it all out on the bench and just go for it with the components in the plane.

Using a DX18 and 3 Spektrum SRS Rxers, all I did for the Cockpit SRS was ensure what the gear channel was in the transmitter. Depending on the Airplane Type you chose, the gear channel may not wind up being channel 5. Then I followed the PBox instructions. Had the inner doors opening, gear operating and then inner doors closing, just perfectly.

When programming a PBox I start with mapping the channels on paper. Then program the channels in the PBox. Then I use a Hitec servo programmer to read each output's resolution to ensure all PBox outputs are working correctly (Which it was on that Cockpit SRS) and then I plug in the servos. I don't have the instruction manual or the channel map with me or I would run thru it for you. But all I did was follow the instructions. They get you there.

On the Cockpit, I did have one glitchy Aile channel. Apparently, I got inadvertently got into servo matching and travel adjust somehow and messed that up. But there is a method described to reset them back to default and start over. Did a reset and that channel cleared right up. But this should not affect your gear controls.

Don't have the Cockpit's channel map with me. (Have not returned home from Jet Week yet.) But attached is one for my Ultra Flash.
Attached Thumbnails Ultraflash Channel & PBox Assignments Rev 01.pdf  
Old 03-29-2018, 07:03 AM
advent996

Would love to talk with you ehen you get back home !!! I'm sure it's something that I'm missing in the set up but currently not seeing it

Bill
Old 03-29-2018, 07:44 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I'll be home Saturday. Try a PM and we can chat.

Also, PBox has a forum on their website. They actively watch that and usually respond quite quickly.

PowerBox-Systems | Support-Forum
Old 03-29-2018, 07:46 AM
advent996

Will do.

thx !!!

bill
Old 03-29-2018, 09:07 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Always plug a Servo in before the electronic valve, that will move if there is an output, most valves only switch if there is a wide enough pulse.
Old 03-29-2018, 09:12 AM
advent996

Dave,

I have s Xicoy for retracts and a Xicoy for doors. Will bogh of these end up plugging into the Door Sequencing outputs ???

bill
Old 03-29-2018, 09:20 AM
advent996

Dave,

when I get to "MOVE GEAR SWITCH TO TEACH CHANNEL" nothing happens... i have both servos plugged into the GEAR SEQUENCING outputs and output mapping set for L5 which is the sequencing ch outputs and ch5 on my TX ???

bill
Old 03-29-2018, 11:44 AM
advent996

OK, I went back yo the beginning snd realuzed I didn't have enough travel set on my gear ch 5 to allow me to move forward in the process.

Everything now works fine !!!

thx to all...

bill